pentacostalman777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

No, God has not gifted me with the gift of tongues.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Lol sure. Weren't you going to post something else? ;)

yeah yeah..the verses...I thought maybe with everyone else filling in the blanks that you would not require a pound of flesh ;)

I'll get back to you on this...

But I won't forget :)

Okay. What people have said are testimonies of "personal experience." I'm interested in what the Bible has to say about personal prayer languages and the gift of tongues. Because maybe I'm missing something Scripturally. ;) And if so I'm willing to rethink what I believe.

GoldenEagle

So if ask the Lord for the gift of tongues my whole life and never receive it do I lack faith? Or does God only give this gift to certain people who are "special"?

Jesus said........... Ask, and you SHALL receive. He never mentioned those What happen if scenario's. Jesus said if you believe on my name, you shall speak in new tongues. That makes you eligible.

Tongues is for our edification, and a whole bunch of other awesome things.

SEvenSEa's

Any manner of gift can and is abused, misused and some, like teaching and prophecy are especially abused

to control. False teaching and prophecy abound in our day.

RIGHT!! Paul had this issue with people and Prophecy. Paul said not to despise Prophecy, but prove all things, and hold to that which is true. There is prosperity of wealth in the Word for God's people. People twisting and abusing the message means I don't run from what God has for me.

Value in spiritual things.

When I saw the scriptures that tongues was there, I made it a mission to meditate on the word about it, and not let go. I wish I could have just walked down to the pulpit and that Word of faith teacher lay hands on me, then Shazaam!!!! I was speaking like a Camel trader in the Arab Desert. I was in prison though, so not possible at the time.

What I did do was go to God and I told him that I want all that was available to me. I told him I am not coming short in spiritual things. I told him that I am just going to speak cave man every night and BY FAITH, call it tongues. I am taking action to what I believe, and I am not stopping.

It was a rough few nights trying to go Hooga booga.. woogga gooo goo... and call it prayer, but bless God, if He did not like it, then I am getting the real thing.

It was just a week maybe, maybe a day or so less, but I was about to start my unsastifiying caveman session (Faith never quits, It never says different, Faith never stops) As I started to speak, something warm, something electric, hard to explain, but I started to speak these words coming up from my belly in a very fluent language. I felt tremendous power coming out of my mouth.....

So I got scared.......... I stopped.......Then repented for drawing back.

I have been praying in tongues since....God honors faith, not excuse's.

Jesus Is Lord.

A. So let me understand what you're saying. Not having the gift of tongues (personal prayer language) is an excuse because I didn't ask for it? Meaning I do not have the faith? So it's really my fault?

B. Regarding "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened..."

Does God always answer as to what we want or what we need? Is God more concerned about our wants or His glory?

Once again I ask can God not respond in 3 ways? Yes, No, and Wait.

I prayed for healing for my aunt who has cancer. God healed her through modern medicine. God's answer was yes.

I prayed for my dad who had bypass surgery at a very young age (late 40's) as the widow maker artery was 95% clogged. He went in for a check up due to pain in his arm. They had surgery next day. God healed him through modern medicine. God's answer was yes.

Another aunt has Perkiness disease. We have prayed for healing. No healing has come. God has said wait. Is God not good and sovereign if He doesn't heal my aunt? If He doesn't heal her does that mean we have not had enough faith or that somehow God cannot use this to somehow bring Honor to His name?

I know of a young wife who's husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor after only 2 years of marriage. Wow that would be very hard. The man finally had surgery and the doctors were able to remove the tumor. At first he could not walk as he was paralyzed. But God healed him enough to where he can walk now. The man still has trouble with memory and his eye sight. They have prayed for healing but it has not come. Is God not good and sovereign if He doesn't completely cure (memory & eye sight) this young lady's husband? Does God have the right to say "No, my grace is sufficient for you. Through your weakness and your trials you will bring honor to My Name. You will bless others through this and point others through Christ. "?

Bottom line: Is God not sovereign to say no to a request we have?

Thoughts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Bottom line: Is God not sovereign to say no to a request we have?

Thoughts?

May I enter in this by worship of our Father and Lord... I bare in my own being the responsibility of my original parents sin, as I too sin...

when I ask Jesus to save me He did! Praise the Lord for His Path of Life! Now as I progress in Him by the acceptance and obedience of His Word

the dead man still tries to resurrect to his desires: this isn't fair, why should I suffer, why should those I love suffer, I want, I need, I will, and on on on...

I have grown to a healthy hatred for this flesh and this false truth that it is persuaded as right! I know differently by Holy Word of God what is truth and

by living this truth I am able to strike back at the falsehood by giving it no place within me and I await my separation from it for it is torment now to hear

its voice after I have heard my Lord's! We are simply here to endure our own mistake in a victorious manner in which Christ will receive glory if done

in His Spirit... it is not that of punishment but of reality sin has no part in God and that outside of God has no supply from Him thus the sorrows, pain,

emptiness, death... hell is merely the increase without end the absence of God and Life! We were created to need Him and in the need of Him I have

found rest even in this place of troubles I have created- for I am without doubt as all that I am is indivisible to this truth-

Ro 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Okay. What people have said are testimonies of "personal experience." I'm interested in what the Bible has to say about personal prayer languages and the gift of tongues. Because maybe I'm missing something Scripturally. ;) And if so I'm willing to rethink what I believe.

I included scripture in my response to you AND personal experience. The scripture I included is specifically about praying in 'tongues'

For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. I Cor. 14:14...the entire passage should prob be

​read (I know u are familiar with it from previous posts) for context and other remarks regarding tongues (by Paul

If your mind is unfruitful, as Paul writes here, then you do not understand what you are saying. As I explained to you already,

that is not always the case. Sometimes when praying 'in the spirit' (and yes I believe you can do this in your own language)

a person receives knowledge...in order to help someone

As far as edification of the Body goes, I ALWAYS have thoughts centered on Christ any time I spend in prayer that way.

That, is good for me and everyone around me

A. So let me understand what you're saying. Not having the gift of tongues (personal prayer language) is an excuse because I didn't ask for it? Meaning I do not have the faith? So it's really my fault?

We would be wise not to go there....what will be gained in starting a 'you don't have enough faith response? a good number of threads have ended

up banished forever in that morass

This thread is not about how much faith is needed or stating that unanswered prayer is a result of not enough faith

there yah go....sigh

speaking in tongues....not defending one's understanding of the word faith

rides her tricycle off into the sunset..........

] I know of a young wife who's husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor after only 2 years of marriage. Wow that would be very hard. The man finally had surgery and the doctors were able to remove the tumor. At first he could not walk as he was paralyzed. But God healed him enough to where he can walk now. The man still has trouble with memory and his eye sight. They have prayed for healing but it has not come. Is God not good and sovereign if He doesn't completely cure (memory & eye sight) this young lady's husband? Does God have the right to say "No, my grace is sufficient for you. Through your weakness and your trials you will bring honor to My Name. You will bless others through this and point others through Christ."?

Her name is Laura Story. Her husband’s name is Martin. She wrote the song “Blessings” as well as others. Would her ministry to those who are suffering be the same without the trials of her husband’s health? http://www.songlyric...essings-lyrics/

She says she believes God can heal if He wills it. She said God is 100% powerful. She said God is 100% loving. So that means putting those two together that means healing for her husband.

But the most important thing she said is... “You don’t want to hear this. This is – yuck. Sometimes God gives us what we need instead of what we want. Sometimes God lets us stay broken so that God’s light can bream through.

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

1 Peter 4:16

Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.

To set the record straight I prayed about and asked God about the gift of tongues before posting. He led me to share the passages from His Word. I know God’s will is for us to follow His Word. God’s will is also for us to get along in brotherly love.

Is it God’s will for everyone to speak in tongues? Can we agree not everyone is a foot or an eye?

The Outcome of prayer' date=' never determines the will of God........NEVER!!! [/quote']

Oh?

Exodus 31:9-14

9 And the Lord said to Moses, “I have seen this people, and indeed it is a stiff-necked people! 10 Now therefore, let Me alone, that My wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them. And I will make of you a great nation.”

Then Moses pleaded with the Lord his God, and said: “Lord, why does Your wrath burn hot against Your people whom You have brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand? 12 Why should the Egyptians speak, and say, ‘He brought them out to harm them, to kill them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth’? Turn from Your fierce wrath, and relent from this harm to Your people. 13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Your servants, to whom You swore by Your own self, and said to them, ‘I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven; and all this land that I have spoken of I give to your descendants, and they shall inherit it forever.’” 14 So the Lord relented from the harm which He said He would do to His people.

Like I said...

='Eagle'] Once again I ask can God not respond in 3 ways? Yes' date=' No, and Wait. [/b']

There is no scripture that says God answers Yes, NO, or Wait..................... That is man made tradition, and has no power. Come over to what Scripture "Actually" says, believe it!!

Here’s a few examples from Scripture...

Yes God granted the request Jabez made of Him. (1 Chron 4:10)

Yes Hannah prayed for a baby. God gave her Samuel. (1 Sam. 1 & 2)

Yes Elijah prayed for God to show His power to the followers of Baal. (1 Kings 18:20-40)

Wait How long did Job have to wait before God restored him and even blessed him more than what he’d had before?

Wait How long did Joseph have to wait before he was free and re-united with his brothers?

Wait – How long did Simeon await the Messiah (Luke 2)

='Eagle'] Is God not sovereign to say no to a request we have?

Here’s a few examples of "no" from Scripture...

No – Paul asked God in to take away his ailment 3 times and God said no. (2 Cor. 12:7-10)

No – David was not to build the temple. (1 Chron. 28:3)

No – God said no to Abraham’s request for God to accept Ishmael instead of Isaac as the promised son.

Do I believe there is Biblical backing for the gift of tongues in the context of a personal prayer language? No.

Does that mean you aren’t free to believe or do so?

Bottom line: You are free in Christ to worship Him. (Gal 5:1 & Rom. 8:2)

For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. I Cor. 14:14...the entire passage should prob be

​read (I know u are familiar with it from previous posts) for context and other remarks regarding tongues (by Paul)

Re: Thoughts on 1 Cor. 14:14 - In context vs. 13 says there should be interpretation of tongues. Vs 14 says praying in tongues without understanding is unfruitful. Vs. 15 tells us to sing and pray in the spirit with understanding.

But once again you are free in Christ to worship Him. (Gal 5:1 & Rom. 8:2)

Disclaimer: I could be wrong (about personal prayer languages) but I haven't seen any Scriptural evidence provided to the contrary.

I agree with Sevenseas I'm not sure if anything further will be profitable. So I'll probably leave the discussion with these thoughts above. And I trust God's Holy Spirit is the one who teaches His Word.

I agree Jesus is Lord!

In Christ,

Eagle

Edited by GoldenEagle

sound of screeching trike tires......the response...oh no! starts to peddle faster cause she knows where it's going......... :17:

God has convicted me today (through a situation at work) of how I have treated Gary {gdmoss), sevenseas, Brother Mike, Love Songs, and others on some of these threads. I apologize to each if my posts have been attacking you personally instead of approaching things you've said in a spirit of restoration and humility. Please forgive me?

Is there anyone else who feels slighted by some of my posts? Please let me know. I don't apologize for God's Word. But I do not want to come across as harsh when speaking the truth.

I don't just want to speak truth to others or question what I believe to be error. I want to try to question others in love, kindness, humility, gentleness, with restoration in mind as we are heirs of God with Christ. Remember we're here seeking truth - God's truth. We're all in the process of sanctification and we're all learning. My Dad used to say to people when I was younger "Be patient with him, God's not done with him yet."

Let us remember humility, as Believers we are heirs of God with Christ. (Philippians 2:3; 1 Peter 5:5, Romans 8:17) Remember we are to seek restoration with a spirit of gentleness. (Galatians 6:1) We are to be kind and tenderhearted to one another. (Ephesians 5:32)

Philippians 2:3

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

1 Peter 5:5

Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for ‘God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.’

Romans 8:17

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

Galatians 6:1

Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Ephesians 4:32

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Let us strive to see others as Christ does?

In Christ,

Jon

Edited by GoldenEagle

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Whatever God has, Satan will try to duplicate. There is no reason why God should stop anything because of Satan . That is why His Spirit gives us discernment. Be careful what you say about the workings of His Spirit. Christ spoke about this.

OneLight not to be argumentative but there is another aspect of when? God fulfills His Word here- 1Cor 13:8