• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,015
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Disclaimer: I could be wrong (about personal prayer languages) but I haven't seen any Scriptural evidence provided to the contrary.

I agree with Sevenseas I'm not sure if anything further will be profitable. So I'll probably leave the discussion with these thoughts above. And I trust God's Holy Spirit is the one who teaches His Word.

I agree Jesus is Lord!

In Christ,

Eagle

Dear brother... in the personal closet of our intimacy with God The Holy Spirit-> there are no bounds! The character of God is

one of Holiness and where He exist in some places there are no words formed ... The Living Son (Word) is there with The Godhead

yet pronouncement in These Councils of the God Head are not to be weakened by beginnings for it 'IS' not the reality of Their Exist!

As we have been given the word infinite we have weakened it to not be of its fullness for we are of beginning thus the Living Word

Jesus is only in part to us as He will be our continuance past knowledge and word as there are events exceeding what we can even

know or dream in the eternities with Him... from all I can gather from Scripture the eternal realities are of such that word and knowledge

are not sufficient to maintain the realized Presence of The Fullness of our God... yet with Him as wife in the intimacies of Holiness and

unguarded relationship of righteousness unbounded... What can be said of this longing but

Ro 8:26-27

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought,

but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches

the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

NKJV

Job 9:10

Ro 11:33

Ps 90

Jer 9:24

24 But let him who glories glory in this,

That he understands and knows Me,

That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.

For in these I delight," says the Lord.

NKJV

1 Co 1:31

31 that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."

NKJV

1Cor 2:9-12

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Whatever God has, Satan will try to duplicate. There is no reason why God should stop anything because of Satan . That is why His Spirit gives us discernment. Be careful what you say about the workings of His Spirit. Christ spoke about this.

OneLight not to be argumentative but there is another aspect of when? God fulfills His Word here- 1Cor 13:8

That is pretty vague, brother. Please expound on your statement ... I am not following what you are saying.

Whatever God has, Satan will try to duplicate. There is no reason why God should stop anything because of Satan . That is why His Spirit gives us discernment. Be careful what you say about the workings of His Spirit. Christ spoke about this.

OneLight not to be argumentative but there is another aspect of when? God fulfills His Word here- 1Cor 13:8

That is pretty vague, brother. Please expound on your statement ... I am not following what you are saying.

It is not so much a statements is only an expectation of all of God's Word being fulfiilled... Tongues have changed since

Pentecost as with miracles for both now are being made able to be put into the doubt corner- as then they were of no dispute!

As our sister sevensea's has said it is subjective in nature and encourages her heart... but objectively with His Word God

indicates a loving response to those given no sign yet believe Jn 20:29-30... I know words formed in the love for Him and

those come from those who practice tongues here so I am held in a subjective suspense for the witness of their validity as

I have not been placed into their use... Do you believe the fulfillment of their ending to be at the rapture of The Church?

Or when? Love, Steven

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

The Bible is specific with regards to tongues. Just as specific as it is with salvation.

No amount of posting to the contrary will change that.

The debate will go on, likely until we pass on. I really truly do not care and it does not matter to me re disagreement, I say

this without prejudice or malice or anger...it's not me people are messing with

I understand some doubt with all sincerity. That, is not between me and whoever. The issue is the same as it has always been

It's between you and God. Don't want to pray in tongues? No problem...but don't tell me and others not to. It is not something that

puts your salvation in doubt

Do pray in tongues and think others should too and want them to see things as you do? You cannot give to another what God

has bestowed upon you ..... why try to prove the wind exists? It does...you can feel it but you cannot see it.

This is such an old old issue for me. I don't want anything that is not from God but I do not want anyone telling me that what IS

from God, is not from God.

You really don't know, whoever you are, whether or not tongues exist so your advice is, I am afraid, falling on deaf ears

Those who walk away saying well the Bible states we should not forbid speaking in tongues but chuck out the verses about

praying in the spirit because they interpret that as non-evidence, should be aware that even the most careful scholar cannot

rebut praying in tongues as a 'prayer language' and it remains controversial with those who are honest about the intended

meaning.

I would, at this point, simply state that if a person were healed without the intervention of medicine and only God could have

effected the 'cure', would you also offer 'when that which is perfect has come' as evidence that no healing occured?

Well of course not! In the same token, tongues exist and are real and are well used.

The caveat here is that too many people depend on the experience and feeling rather than on knowledge and understanding

I always caution those who seek experience, but whose Biblical knowledge is shallow, to become familiar with the unfailing Word

before venturing out into uncharted waters with little or no discernment.

There is no argument against tongues to be made unless one stretches what scripture states regarding 'when that which is perfect

has come' or one simply chooses to ignore the Biblical admonition because they are uncomfortable with it

Cheerio ~ and have a good day! :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Ever thought of it like this...

Gifts not as a faith thing, but simply as a gift.

It's been a long day and my brain is a bit fried, but allow me to elucidate as best I can.

Maybe one does not have the gift because God does not intend for one to have it. Maybe all the prayer in the world will result in the same negative answer from God because He has other plans for you. Very often we think we know what we need, but God see's it stripped bare as a want? That has nothing to do with faith and everything to do with God.

I have yearned for the gift of healing, and have been blessed by God to be able to use His healing through prayer on two occasions for my wife (who will testify to this). But not for anyone else that I know of who I have prayed over for healing.

I think that the healing of my wife was about my Faith of course, but it was probably more about her faith, and the complete and utter love I have for her.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think God knows that I could not handle the awesome gift of healing (how many times have you heard or seen people striving to heal so much that it becomes a faith "competition"). There is something in me He see's that I don't.

So it may be with tongues.....

It is not so much a statements is only an expectation of all of God's Word being fulfiilled... Tongues have changed since

Pentecost as with miracles for both now are being made able to be put into the doubt corner- as then they were of no dispute!

As our sister sevensea's has said it is subjective in nature and encourages her heart... but objectively with His Word God

indicates a loving response to those given no sign yet believe Jn 20:29-30... I know words formed in the love for Him and

those come from those who practice tongues here so I am held in a subjective suspense for the witness of their validity as

I have not been placed into their use... Do you believe the fulfillment of their ending to be at the rapture of The Church?

Or when? Love, Steven

Scripture tells us that they will cease what that which is perfect comes.

1 Corinthians 13:8-10

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

The question that has been debated over the years is what does the phrase "that which is perfect has come" mean? Some say it was the bible, but that can't be true because which bible are they referring to? Some say Christ, but Christ is not a "that". I believe the word "that which has come" is our returning to Him, death, more or less. When we have returned to Christ, we no longer know in part. The gifts are still alive today.

So, why all the issue with false prophecy, fake tongues, or false gifts in general? I believe it is due to self righteousness and a deceptive spirit. Those who want to be what He has not called them to be. Those who fall under this category claim to be listening to the Holy Spirit, but their actions prove that the spirit they had been listening to was not Him, but another "angel of light". I can see Satan sitting back and laughing, knowing that not only the world, but the church will suffer because of these people.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

God has convicted me today (through a situation at work) of how I have treated Gary {gdmoss), sevenseas, Brother Mike, Love Songs, and others on some of these threads. I apologize to each if my posts have been attacking you personally instead of approaching things you've said in a spirit of restoration and humility. Please forgive me?

Is there anyone else who feels slighted by some of my posts? Please let me know. I don't apologize for God's Word. But I do not want to come across as harsh when speaking the truth.

I don't just want to speak truth to others or question what I believe to be error. I want to try to question others in love, kindness, humility, gentleness, with restoration in mind as we are heirs of God with Christ. Remember we're here seeking truth - God's truth. We're all in the process of sanctification and we're all learning. My Dad used to say to people when I was younger "Be patient with him, God's not done with him yet."

Let us remember humility, as Believers we are heirs of God with Christ. (Philippians 2:3; 1 Peter 5:5, Romans 8:17) Remember we are to seek restoration with a spirit of gentleness. (Galatians 6:1) We are to be kind and tenderhearted to one another. (Ephesians 5:32)

Philippians 2:3

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.

1 Peter 5:5

Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for ‘God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.’

Romans 8:17

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

Galatians 6:1

Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Ephesians 4:32

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Let us strive to see others as Christ does?

In Christ,

Jon

Thats o.k. Brother...we all know that the Holy Spirit corrects us. You are not being singled out by God. He does this to help us. :)

God knows that you are curious about this subject as many are.

Go to Fez's post #354 )..... Speaking in tongues is simply a gift.

It is just that.

By the way concerning faith... God gives to each a measure of faith. You already have faith. :)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Ever thought of it like this...

Gifts not as a faith thing, but simply as a gift.

It's been a long day and my brain is a bit fried, but allow me to elucidate as best I can.

Maybe one does not have the gift because God does not intend for one to have it. Maybe all the prayer in the world will result in the same negative answer from God because He has other plans for you. Very often we think we know what we need, but God see's it stripped bare as a want? That has nothing to do with faith and everything to do with God.

I have yearned for the gift of healing, and have been blessed by God to be able to use His healing through prayer on two occasions for my wife (who will testify to this). But not for anyone else that I know of who I have prayed over for healing.

I think that the healing of my wife was about my Faith of course, but it was probably more about her faith, and the complete and utter love I have for her.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think God knows that I could not handle the awesome gift of healing (how many times have you heard or seen people striving to heal so much that it becomes a faith "competition"). There is something in me He see's that I don't.

So it may be with tongues.....

I have prayed for all the gifts in earnest. I was given what I have been given. If God had given me the gift of healing, I would probably be spending an enormous amount of time clearing out the hospitals and nursing homes attracting way too much attention to myself instead of him. Same with other gifts. I am not sure how much the gift of speaking in tongues would benefit those around me if I had it as we all already speak the same language. I would be edified for sure as I am most certain that it would make me feel closer to God and special in some way, maybe I do not need that. When I would to do good evil is present with me and always egging me on to boast in all that God has given me in wisdom, knowledge and understanding as if I am something special when I am not. I don't know how difficult it would be to be able to harness all the power that the apostles did and stay humble....guess one would need a pretty sizable thorn in the flesh to keep them in check. Great post Fez.

Gary

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

The question that has been debated over the years is what does the phrase "that which is perfect has come" mean? Some say it was the bible, but that can't be true because which bible are they referring to? Some say Christ, but Christ is not a "that". I believe the word "that which has come" is our returning to Him, death, more or less. When we have returned to Christ, we no longer know in part. The gifts are still alive today.

So, why all the issue with false prophecy, fake tongues, or false gifts in general? I believe it is due to self righteousness and a deceptive spirit. Those who want to be what He has not called them to be. Those who fall under this category claim to be listening to the Holy Spirit, but their actions prove that the spirit they had been listening to was not Him, but another "angel of light". I can see Satan sitting back and laughing, knowing that not only the world, but the church will suffer because of these people.

Well while here in this area I would like to ask you about another question that is in my heart ... The 23 Psalm speaks of the leading of our Shepherd and those characteristics

seem to be a careful leading ... in the last days we are warned of powerful signs that would deceive the very elect if God allowed Matt 24:15-27 would not the Shepherd lead us away from

miracles and signs as to necessary elements as being of God? Why would He warn us and then lead us into the very thing He warns us of? It is difficult to find any answers to this area...

Love, Steven

Well while here in this area I would like to ask you about another question that is in my heart ... The 23 Psalm speaks of the leading of our Shepherd and those characteristics

seem to be a careful leading ... in the last days we are warned of powerful signs that would deceive the very elect if God allowed Matt 24:15-27 would not the Shepherd lead us away from

miracles and signs as to necessary elements as being of God? Why would He warn us and then lead us into the very thing He warns us of? It is difficult to find any answers to this area...

Love, Steven

If I read what you are saying right, God, the Holy Spirit, will lead you away from the powerful signs and wonders the "false prophet and false christs" perform. I believe He will witness to our spirit who these false people are. It is important to not reject any of His leading's, which will result in the hardening of the heart. The questions is, will people listen or will they be deceived?