IGNORED

Is homosexuality genetic?

Guest Kattanfan

Guest Kattanfan

I've thought for a while on this subject, but was unable to find a forum in which to discuss it until I found these boards.

Anyhow, after much pondering, I have come to the conclusion that it is. In my opinion, it is a perversion of nature brought on by the fall of Adam....a perversion which is ultimately a choice; that is, man may have an instinctive desire to act upon his homosexual inclinations, but he is also given the Spiritual resources and strength to overcome these desires. In other words, homosexuality is NOT a choice, but homosexual actions ARE....and just because it's natural doesn't make it necessarily good.

I do believe there is a biological mechanism involved in homosexuality, but to act upon this drive is where the sinful aspect comes into play. Man can choose to act upon these desires, or he can choose to follow God's will and overcome these desires, through God's strength and the strength of his brothers/sisters in Christ; and ultimately, for those driven towards homosexual desires, who choose not to act upon them, GREAT IS their reward in Heaven.

I know a lot of chucrches which offer support groups for these people, and I think it's a good idea. In a way, I feel truly sorry for homosexuals....through the world's corruption and focus upon being "politically correct," they have encouraged the homosexual that such behavior is okay...even "cool." It is like the Scriptural analogy of "the blind leading the blind"...the world leading homosexuals into eternal destruction.

Anyhow, what does everyone else think?! Also, when the Bible describes homosexuality as an "abomination", what is the root of this word?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Sin is genetic. Character flaws probably incline certain individuals to certains sins, but the nature of the flesh is set as an enemy of God, taking various sinful forms.

That's why Christians are called to crucify the flesh, denying ourselves, take up the cross daily, ect.

Many can show pity when they identify with the sin, and many are hard hearted with the sin that they really are not affected by.

It's easy for a person completely uninterested in alcohol to condemn the drunk. It's easy for the person completely uninterested in drugs to condemn the drug addict. Real mercy is to speak against the sin, to offer help to the sinner, but never to approve of the sin itself.

As for how sin is attached to the sinner, who cares? Jesus came to break the power of sin over us, and that is what we need to be busy doing. Just my thoughts.

i am gay. well im Bi i dont know why i am i just am

i dont see how loving someone (sexual/true love) is wrong even if it is the same gender as you

maybe it was god intention

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

I'm interested to hear thoughts on this as well. I debate this subject regularily with a woman I work with. She is a very strong Christian, but she has a very hard time with this subject. She believes that homosexuals are born that way also, but that God wants them to be happy during their time on earth and if that's what they are, then He must be ok with that. I've told her no way, just read the scriptures. You can't pick and choose out of the bible what to abide by and what to overlook. She acknowledges that, but like I said she has a hard time with this. And no, she is not homosexual. She is getting married next spring.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  331
  • Birthday:  01/01/2003

Logically, homosexuality is not genetic.

Why? Because if it were, then it is a sin that cannot be stopped. And God would never create a person who could not help but sin.

And all sin is a choice.

Guest Kattanfan
Logically, homosexuality is not genetic.

Then how does one explain the Scriptures that we are "born into sin?"

Also, as far as being happy, who's to say that if one comes to Christ, and refutes his homosexual inclinations (which I DO believe to be biological), that God cannot make him happy?! To say otherwise would be limiting the power of God. As a Christian, I believe that that's where true happiness comes---from God.

Believe me, I have a few friends who are homosexual....I would NEVER condemn ANYONE for being gay. That's GOD'S position...not mine.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Believe me, I have a few friends who are homosexual....I would NEVER condemn ANYONE for being gay. That's GOD'S position...not mine.

I know what you mean... but we need to make sure we are condemning their sin and not the person. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Sin is genetic. Character flaws probably incline certain individuals to certains sins, but the nature of the flesh is set as an enemy of God, taking various sinful forms.

That's why Christians are called to crucify the flesh, denying ourselves, take up the cross daily, ect.

Many can show pity when they identify with the sin, and many are hard hearted with the sin that they really are not affected by.

It's easy for a person completely uninterested in alcohol to condemn the drunk. It's easy for the person completely uninterested in drugs to condemn the drug addict. Real mercy is to speak against the sin, to offer help to the sinner, but never to approve of the sin itself.

As for how sin is attached to the sinner, who cares? Jesus came to break the power of sin over us, and that is what we need to be busy doing. Just my thoughts.

Awesome post AT! I think this thread could be closed now!

You are so right. A sin is a sin is a sin is a sin. Sin is all the same in the respect that it separates us from the Father. If it were not for the blood of Jesus we would all be on the road to eternal death. A true mix of grace and truth is what is needed to reach all sinners alike. The message of the cross is the same for everyone. We are all in need of a Savior, we must not forget that. Speak the truth of the bible with grace. It's then up to the person to either turn from that sin and follow God in obedience or be disobedient unto death.

Guest Kattanfan
Awesome post AT! I think this thread could be closed now!

HEY, NOW....I still want to hear viewpoints. PLEASE don't close this topic!! :laugh:

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  274
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

Also, as far as being happy, who's to say that if one comes to Christ, and refutes his homosexual inclinations (which I DO believe to be biological), that God cannot make him happy?! To say otherwise would be limiting the power of God. As a Christian, I believe that that's where true happiness comes---from God.

I agree with you. If the homosexual turns from his/her ways and comes to Jesus, then they are forgiven.

What my friend meant is to be happy with a "mate" or "partner" while here on earth. I strongly disagree with her on this. She has trouble with accepting that these people will not be with Jesus if they continue in their ways. I think it just bothers her that many of them are nice, likeable folks.