deciding not to remarry *tear*

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

That rumor about the '3rd temple' has been around since I became a Believer in 1974, thirty eight years ago. I've never heard it in the mainstream media only in the marginal internet quasi-Christian media. If such a building was being undertaken, it would be in the mainstream media. Read the Word, by all means, but don't reshape your life around a VERY questionable event/doctrine. Jesus is the only sacrifice, God has not ordained any other way but Jesus' death and resurrection.

Google God's Holy Mountain, that is what the project is called. They have already spent 25 mil on it. they picked out the linens and other artifacts, they even built a replica of it. Some Christian, muslim and jewish leaders are heading this project, they believe everyone can worship the same God on one mountain. They even built the building where they are going to teach people how to work at the temple. I can try and post a link.

http://www.godsholymountain.org/English/index.aspx

http://www.wnd.com/2009/08/105938/

http://johnclaeys.com/the-jewish-temple-ready-to-be-rebuilt-its-role-in-end-times-prophecy/

here is a good one about animal deaths, I don't agree with everything on their website, but this is interesting...

http://www.end-times-prophecy.org/animal-deaths-birds-fish-end-times.html

After visiting these sites I've become very concerned for you.

Most Christians would agree that Allah is NOT G-d. This can easily be seen by looking at what we know about the personality of G-d an comparing it to Allah.

Additionally, Muslim eschetology is a mirror image of Judeo/Christian eschetology. What I mean by that is the Al Mahdi (the 12th Imam) and Isa (the Muslim Jesus) kill off all of the Jews and Christians (along with the Muslim Antichrist). As compared to the Antichrist and false prophet killing off the believers and then the return of the true Christ.

Be careful to not fall in with a unified religion. This is definitely Not of the L-rd.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

~snip ~

I guess what really started to fuel this was when I discovered one of the major prophecies for the end of times is being fufilled right now. They are building the 3rd jewish temple! The same one that the antichrist is supposed to set up shop in!

~snip~

Ain't happening yet.

"The most immediate and obvious obstacle to realization of these goals is the fact that two historic Islamic structures which are 13 centuries old, namely the Al Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock, are built on top of the Temple Mount. The Dome of the Rock is regarded as occupying the actual space where the Temple once stood, and Israel has undertaken to preserve access to these buildings as part of international obligations. Any efforts to damage or reduce access to these sites, or to build Jewish structures within, between, beneath, beside, cantilevered on top of, or instead of them, would lead to severe international conflicts, given the association of the Muslim world with these holy places. However, some 20th and 21st century scholars believe that the Dome of the Rock is not the actual location of the First and Second Temples, and that the Temples were actually located either just north of or just south of the Dome of the Rock. The most recent theory would put the temple in between The Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque... In addition, most Jewish-Orthodox scholars reject any attempts to build the Temple before the coming of Messiah."

What the Jews who reject Jesus will believe to be the true Messiah (the false messiah / antichrist) is the one who will rebuild the Jewish temple.

And when you consider the obstacles to its rebuilding it's going to take someone who can pull the wool over the eyes of nearly all people like the antichrist will do.

It's wonderful that you are so serious and consistent about Bible reading / study / devotions... just don't put yourself into the characters in the Bible. Been there, done that about 20 years ago. You are not them. You are you. And God made it that way. And it is pleasing to him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,708
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Okay okay! Can't we all just get along? LOL! I know everyone is trying to help me, and I really really do appreciate that!

I have been praying and praying about this. And I think not being at peace with the idea of getting remarried is maybe God's way of answering my question. I believe that even though I wasn't a Christian when I got married and divorced doesn't mean it wasn't binding before God.

Despite my decision to remain single, my boyfriend seems at peace with it. We are both still happy spending time with eachother. In fact today is his birthday! I got him a few presents I think he will like! A mens devotional, a Bible dictionary, and the book Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.

The confusing thing is to figure out where to go from here. What would we label our relationship? I told him I still consider him my boyfriend. But what do you do when you have made up your mind that it wont go anywhere? I guess maybe just enjoy spending time with eachother until another woman enters his life that he falls inlove with. I don't want to trap him into this situation, it isn't fair to him. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. Maybe God will reveal something to me.

God bless!

Theres nothing wrong with waiting, even still calling it a romantic relationship. It maybe its just not Gods time and He wants you to remain single for now, but maybe its in His plan for the future. Its ok to wait. :D

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Okay okay! Can't we all just get along? LOL! I know everyone is trying to help me, and I really really do appreciate that!

I have been praying and praying about this. And I think not being at peace with the idea of getting remarried is maybe God's way of answering my question. I believe that even though I wasn't a Christian when I got married and divorced doesn't mean it wasn't binding before God.

Despite my decision to remain single, my boyfriend seems at peace with it. We are both still happy spending time with eachother. In fact today is his birthday! I got him a few presents I think he will like! A mens devotional, a Bible dictionary, and the book Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.

The confusing thing is to figure out where to go from here. What would we label our relationship? I told him I still consider him my boyfriend. But what do you do when you have made up your mind that it wont go anywhere? I guess maybe just enjoy spending time with eachother until another woman enters his life that he falls inlove with. I don't want to trap him into this situation, it isn't fair to him. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. Maybe God will reveal something to me.

God bless!

Theres nothing wrong with waiting, even still calling it a romantic relationship. It maybe its just not Gods time and He wants you to remain single for now, but maybe its in His plan for the future. Its ok to wait. :D

Thank you for that perspective! He will always be my best friend too!

That rumor about the '3rd temple' has been around since I became a Believer in 1974, thirty eight years ago. I've never heard it in the mainstream media only in the marginal internet quasi-Christian media. If such a building was being undertaken, it would be in the mainstream media. Read the Word, by all means, but don't reshape your life around a VERY questionable event/doctrine. Jesus is the only sacrifice, God has not ordained any other way but Jesus' death and resurrection.

Google God's Holy Mountain, that is what the project is called. They have already spent 25 mil on it. they picked out the linens and other artifacts, they even built a replica of it. Some Christian, muslim and jewish leaders are heading this project, they believe everyone can worship the same God on one mountain. They even built the building where they are going to teach people how to work at the temple. I can try and post a link.

http://www.godsholym...lish/index.aspx

http://www.wnd.com/2009/08/105938/

http://johnclaeys.co...times-prophecy/

here is a good one about animal deaths, I don't agree with everything on their website, but this is interesting...

http://www.end-times...-end-times.html

After visiting these sites I've become very concerned for you.

Most Christians would agree that Allah is NOT G-d. This can easily be seen by looking at what we know about the personality of G-d an comparing it to Allah.

Additionally, Muslim eschetology is a mirror image of Judeo/Christian eschetology. What I mean by that is the Al Mahdi (the 12th Imam) and Isa (the Muslim Jesus) kill off all of the Jews and Christians (along with the Muslim Antichrist). As compared to the Antichrist and false prophet killing off the believers and then the return of the true Christ.

Be careful to not fall in with a unified religion. This is definitely Not of the L-rd.

I would NOT fall into that unified religion stuff! You don't have to worry!!! I was just posting those sights to SHOW you guys what I found! I consider myself a conservative Christian, some liberal Christians don't like my ideas. I believe there is only ONE way to heaven and that is through Jesus....except for 2 other situaltions, if a child dies before the age of accountability, or if someone lives in a tribe somewhere that never heard the Word, but they look around at nature and know there is a God that made it all.

got off topic! Sorry, I tend to do that alot!

I know that one webisite about God's mountain is preaching about a unified religion, or a place where all faiths can worship. I am not from the camp that says "all religions get you to the same place, as long as you are a good person you will get to heave" or "muslims worship the same god as us", they worship a lower case g-o-d.

Thanks for your concern! A good brother/sister in Christ isn't afraid to tell you when you might be slippin up! I appreciate that!!

many blessings!

~snip ~

I guess what really started to fuel this was when I discovered one of the major prophecies for the end of times is being fufilled right now. They are building the 3rd jewish temple! The same one that the antichrist is supposed to set up shop in!

~snip~

Ain't happening yet.

"The most immediate and obvious obstacle to realization of these goals is the fact that two historic Islamic structures which are 13 centuries old, namely the Al Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock, are built on top of the Temple Mount. The Dome of the Rock is regarded as occupying the actual space where the Temple once stood, and Israel has undertaken to preserve access to these buildings as part of international obligations. Any efforts to damage or reduce access to these sites, or to build Jewish structures within, between, beneath, beside, cantilevered on top of, or instead of them, would lead to severe international conflicts, given the association of the Muslim world with these holy places. However, some 20th and 21st century scholars believe that the Dome of the Rock is not the actual location of the First and Second Temples, and that the Temples were actually located either just north of or just south of the Dome of the Rock. The most recent theory would put the temple in between The Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque... In addition, most Jewish-Orthodox scholars reject any attempts to build the Temple before the coming of Messiah."

What the Jews who reject Jesus will believe to be the true Messiah (the false messiah / antichrist) is the one who will rebuild the Jewish temple.

And when you consider the obstacles to its rebuilding it's going to take someone who can pull the wool over the eyes of nearly all people like the antichrist will do.

It's wonderful that you are so serious and consistent about Bible reading / study / devotions... just don't put yourself into the characters in the Bible. Been there, done that about 20 years ago. You are not them. You are you. And God made it that way. And it is pleasing to him.

Okay, so the antichrist comes first, then the jews will start to rebuild...because of the peacetreaty maybe?

I think you are right, I need to step back from prophecy and focus on being a better Christian. But it is fun and interesting to see where we sit right now.

I don't have TV, so I haven't been watching the news in about 3 years, so when I started looking up these current events on Youtube it kind of all hit me at once!

thanks again! God bless!

Many times I hear the Christian (re)marriage counselors on radio suggest that you take the number of years you were married and divide that in half and that is the soonest you should be in another relationship.

"Not romantically involved" seems to be what you are saying you are. Dr. Laura used to say each part of male-female interaction had an 'objective.':

socializing was to find someone to date

dating was to find someone for romance

romance was to find someone to become engaged to...

You'd have to work backwards from these to define what you are now.

--Inter

exactly! We are ... ummm besties that hug and kiss? That is the extent of our romance. I guess we are working backwards. But it is so hard to let go of someone you love, it will be a slow process. I will have to examine my heart and keep praying every step of the way. But I am hoping I can make it back to friends without gutting his heart and destroying his hope for future love. But maybe God will reveal something to me someday, we will see! But I want to be fair to my boyfriend, I don't want to hog him and keep him from having happiness and a family with someone else. That is why I know I couldn't keep us like this forever, it just aint right!

I believe exactly what you said! Spending time with someone of the opposite sex is to get to know them and to start possibly dating, dating is to get to know someone more personally until marriage.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

~snip ~

~snip~

Ain't happening yet.

Okay, so the antichrist comes first, then the jews will start to rebuild...because of the peacetreaty maybe?

I think you are right, I need to step back from prophecy and focus on being a better Christian. But it is fun and interesting to see where we sit right now.

thanks again! God bless!

I said that earlier and you didnt take to it, glad to see some one getting thru to you.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Reflect upon your decision and don't allow yourself to be bound by it at any point in the future if you should feel differently - don't treat it as an unbreakable vow.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Reflect upon your decision and don't allow yourself to be bound by it at any point in the future if you should feel differently - don't treat it as an unbreakable vow.

very good amor; as long as others involved also know.