Iran leader: We must prep for 'end of times'

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Iran’s supreme leader, for the first time, is telling his nation that it must prepare for war and “the end of times” as it continues to develop nuclear weapons.

The preceeding is a duplicate of the lead post in this thread. Rather than waste bandwidth I deleted most of it. I had responded to some of it earlier, but felt that I needed to clarify it some more. Most of the post refers to the Islamic messiah called Mohammad al-Mahdi.

Remember that most of the world's Muslims are divided into two main groups; shia or shiite and sunni. There are a number of smaller groups, and groups which retain the identity of a major group, but for all intents and purposes these two are the main groups.

They are very similar to Christian organizations. The Shia sect is based mostly in Iran and is organized like the Roman Catholic church. The Ayatollah is the equivalent of the pope. The Sunni sect is loosely organized and is much like Protestantism. There is no major big kahuna among Sunnis. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are the principle host nations for Sunni Islam.

Back to the messiah Mohammad al-mahdi...

According to Sunni ideology, the al-mahdi exists as a man much like all men. He either isn't born yet or has been born and hasn't been revealed.

According to Shia ideology, the al-mahdi lived centuries ago and disappeared as a young boy. He will have a miraculous return to the world stage at some point and take up the office of the 12th Imam, or calif or leader, of Islam. Most Iranians believe and hope in the coming of al-mahdi as the 12th Imam and are therefore called twelvers.

The difference is basic. In summary; to Sunnis the al-Mahdi is to be born in the modern generation of man and assume leadership.

For Shiites/Shia Islam, the al-Mahdi disappeared long ago and is about to return.

In both scenarios, Jesus Christ will return as a sort of prophet - announcing the holy mission of al-mahdi to convert all men (especially Jews & Christians) to the true faith of Islam. This is why the Islamic Jesus is referred to in Biblical prophecy as the false prophet of the anti-christ (al-Mahdi?). It's a little confusing here. The Islamic Jesus isn't the anti-Christ, merely his prophet, his mouth piece as it were.

Two thousand years ago, Jesus warned his disciples not to give serious attention to false prophets, especially those WHO CAME IN HIS NAME.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

(*) Unfortunately I do not have a sexual affinity for young boys, men nor the desire to milk congregations out of their depleted resources (all prerequisites for license to speak in 'legitimate' denominational churches these days).

I've been told I'm a "loose cannon and will not be allowed to speak to "reasonable people", despite my continued belief that God's sheep still possess the ability to come to their own conclusions - given accurate information.

Well, if that were true of every church, pastor, elder, Jesus would have nuked the bejabbers out of us all a long time ago

There could still be 7000 hiding in the caves.

I think the problem might be because you shoot everyone...you offend some and hurt others The truth of what you

say becomes an offense in its delivery. My brother is like that. He does not know his friends from his enemies anymore

sad to say. He shoots at those who love him

But that's just me singing (yes I can) from the platform with my lyre guitar

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Two thousand years ago, Jesus warned his disciples not to give serious attention to false prophets, especially those WHO CAME IN HIS NAME.

Deception is rampant and at its best/worst in the church. I just do not believe we need to be venomous about it

I'm not offended....just reminding you about I Cor 13...and I don't think I've arrived either

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5773? Sorry, I am pretty ignorant on this topic! LOL!

Bornagain, we were on vacation when you posted this and I just saw it in reviewing the thread.

5773 is the Jewish Calender ear. The Zohar is part of the Jewish Mystic Cabala. Basically it's old Babylonian/Egyptian Mysticism and should not be thought of as scripture from God. The messiah that would be coming this year would, to us, be the Antichrist. While it's interesting to ponder, I wouldn't bet much on it. However just about every old pagan civilization is predicting that their old gods are returning this year. If you've studied that subject, it is really kind of exciting to set back and see what comes along.

Wouldn't bee looking for the Lord just yet, but the great deception is more than a possibility.

And with the polls on our presidential elections in mind, it looks like the US at least is prime for a good deception.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The really strange thing is the role Turkey is playing in all of this. While they pretend to be neutral, they quietly provide the staging for war with Syria.

Revelation 2:12 states that Pergamun, Turkey is the throne of satan. If the Bible is true, then many devious things will come out of Turkey in days to come. Watch Turkey.

Formerly moderate, Ankara is quietly seeking a leadership role in the middle east.

I believe Turkey is a part of the coalition that attacks Israel in Ezekiel 38, so you may have something there.

However, I'm not sure about the Pergamum correlation? "The throne of Satan" is referring to the Temple of Zeus that was there in the ancient city at the time.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The really strange thing is the role Turkey is playing in all of this. While they pretend to be neutral, they quietly provide the staging for war with Syria.

Revelation 2:12 states that Pergamun, Turkey is the throne of satan. If the Bible is true, then many devious things will come out of Turkey in days to come. Watch Turkey.

Formerly moderate, Ankara is quietly seeking a leadership role in the middle east.

I believe Turkey is a part of the coalition that attacks Israel in Ezekiel 38, so you may have something there.

However, I'm not sure about the Pergamum correlation? "The throne of Satan" is referring to the Temple of Zeus that was there in the ancient city at the time.

It's in Germany now if I remember right....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

It's in Germany now if I remember right....

You remember correctly. I'm impressed. Most folks have no knowledge of this subject at all.

A full sized copy of the outer face or facad of the temple of Pergamun was built in Berlin by Hitler's administration. Not the whole building. Its now a museum I think. Oddly, the structure wasn't damaged by all the WWII bombing and shelling. Everything else was blasted to bits. Strange.

Revelation 2:12 says that Pergamun is the throne of satan. You know that Biblical references to satan indicate that this personality is a living spirit, not stone legend or illusory figure. I can't find any correlation or equivalent in scripture or scholarly interpretations maintained between the pagan religion there and Biblical references to satan.

Such references are indeed made in the old testament - the family of baal gods, for example. I've some very interesting information on the baal family, but that would distract from the current discussion. Suffice it to say that the Bible makes specific references in the O.T., but not about Pergamun.

Pergamun is in Turkey as you are aware. Ankara is the current capital, but for many years it was Instanbul - the capital of the caliphate of the Ottoman Empire.

Before that it was Constantinople - named for the first Christian emperor of the Roman Empire and before that it was called Byzantium. It is truly an ancient city.

When the Roman Empire was divided in the fourth century, Byzantium became the capital of the eastern empire as Rome remained capital of the western empire. History recorded the fall of Rome in 476. Oddly, the history DECLINE AND FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE was published in the same year as our nation's birthday 1776. Have our people and politicans paid any attention to the lessons taught in the pages of that book? Apparently not.

The western empire collapsed in the fifth century, BUT the eastern empire continued for centuries. Because its capital was Byzantium, it came to be called the Byzantine Empire, but it was still based on Roman law and tradition. The rise of Islam in the seventh century and encroachment upon the lands and administration of the Byzantine Empire not to mention corruption and incompetance of leadership led to the capture of Constantinople by Mehmed II in the fifteenth century, establishing the Ottoman state there. The Ottoman Empire continued until 1922 when the modern nation of Turkey was established. So you see, the ancient Roman Empire continued in one form or another as a viable political entity and from the same capital city until 1922 - the beginning of the twentieth century. As a result, many in Turkey ardently desire a return to the greatness of leadership of the Islamic nations BY MEANS OF A NEW CALIPHATE.

Biblical references to end times political alignments refer to something resembling a revived Roman Empire. Many western interpretations agree on this point. What is missed, however, is that there is an absolutely HUGE number of Christians from the eastern branches of the faith. The orthodox religions of Russia and Greece are almost invisible when considered by western apologists. In the minds of the western divisions of Christendom the only debate is between Protestantism and Roman Catholicism.

What about the east?

It is as if interpretations have miopic vision. They don't see it at all. Similarly, the eastern Roman empire is invisible too. The history of that section simply isn't taught with as much depth as western history. It's like reading the history of people on another planet.

We have all read arguments that pretend to justify the city of Rome as the choreographer of end times wickedness. Ankara isn't even a consideration, yet the ancient Roman Empire DID continue to exist until very recent modern times. What about that? No one speaks or writes to it. Well, almost no one.

Consider Turkey. This European state is the only one that is actually prospering in the midst of continental corrupt and failed financial policies. The rest of Europe is teetering on the edge of collapse. This includes Italy. If interpretations of Rome as the capital of a revived Roman Empire were correct, then Rome would be prospering. Even Roman religion is shuddering under constant attacks and internal misdeeds. The church of Rome is constantly apologizing for one thing or another - not a strong position to rule its own people much less those of a growing empire. Turkey has an increasingly militant view regarding its insinuations into middle east politics. Like it or not they are assuming a major role there. The wise man will WATCH TURKEY.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You remember correctly. I'm impressed. Most folks have no knowledge of this subject at all.

Yod has spoken about it (the temple being moved to Germany under Hitler).

I heard a documentary about Pergamum and the temple. Jesus mentioned a man who was martyred there -

Rev. 2:13 - 'I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is; and you hold fast My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.

They explained what occurred in the temple and what records they found. There was a hollow bull that they would sacrifice people in (I had not heard before that human sacrifices occurred with the Roman religion!) by lighting a fire under the bull and cooking the person to death. This is how Antipas was killed. The record states he prayed for the body of believers the whole time up to his death.

Interesting commentary on Turkey there, rjp. More possibilities to chew on.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

It seems like some pieces of the puzzle are falling into place. This would deffinently catagorize as a rumor of war. A nuclear or atomic bomb? That is not a fun way to go. But whatever takes me "home".

That is so crazy! The Jews are saying their messiah is here as well. Wonder if the Jews and Islamics can give any specific names as to who they think their messiah's are? Will the Jews believe that the Islamic messiah is theirs as well?? This whole thing sort of confuses me!

I agree with you this is rumour of war,only i think the word rumour is better rendered 'threats' of war. Iran has been under threat from nuclear powers since 2003, consider how they feel. we had years of llies about saddams WMD which was also another threat of war.they proved to be false to justify war. The retaliation against iran if it did attack israel would be suicidal since NATO, the US and israel with hunfreds of nuclear warheads of their own would destroy it many times over. Iranians are a nation od young people who have a zest for life not death The same religious leader has said nuclear weapons are against their beliefs,so why not believe that also?Nuclear wespons are not the most fearful of moderm weapoms anyway. electro-magnetid science based ones are.Clinton's secretary of defence RUBIN refereed to these in a conderence on terrorosm in 1997, that's some time ago and these new breakthroughs are never allowed out into thye public domain within a decade of issue so people are not frightened by it. nor let the enemy know. It's not a new subjet.it is based alegely upon tesla's breakthroughs. there are two types, one is called Haarp which you can goggle, i cant remember the other off hand, it's an old subject,I think the Nazis were first to start recearching this field which may be why Hitler lost interst in atom bombs.

The masons are aslo waiting for a messiah and that will be tied in withe the new ageers and the 21/12/12 new consciousness etc, then further over we have the jesus and mary family thing tied in with a jewish cult that has had a messiah claim in the past, the jews have has many since jesus' days.

Given the inbalance of nuclear power , can you image iran and russia swooping down upon israel living in 'peace', as Ezekial is allegedly saying? Jews living witout walls! what is that 22'concrete wall?

a grafitti-theatre gift to Palsetinian children so they will stop throwing stones and damaging tanks .ETHiopia is not a satelite of russia either.This was very popular during the Cold war but the prophecy books ended up in the second hand book shops in the eighties.They were going to invade the US as well as Israel.

I recommend for the first line of defence for chritians is a healthy tongue-in-cheek disposition, then common sense followed by scripture unadultrated by popular fads.I suspect the ezekial prophevy relates to the 'king of assyria' that god said he would destroy in the holy land in the end.he represents a demonic prince of great power who is behimd those who have come from thr other side of the flood..Gog and magog for instamce are legendry giants , as before and after the flood, that are guardians of the city of london, the City parade wicker figures of them as part of a traditional parade which the city cliams is not serious, but then the masons are also linked to the city so there is more to it.The 'city' is a city state .the ancient model is a temple-tresury that developed after the flood, the model and secret societies surviving the the flood and eventually become Babylon that survives through the 4 beasts shown to Danial.Bare these basic points in mind and you will be amazed at what starts to emerge if you read widely.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Just wanted to bump this up a bit. Yesterdays there were repeated calles from Iran for the destruction of Isreal. And Isreal apparently is a preparatory mode for a strike against Iran.

Things could get quite interesting in the next few weeks

Hello 'peacefulwidow, the tipping ponit of war has come and gone like the four seasons year after year. The consequences are diabolocal for any side as well as collapse the world economy. The price to destroy iran as russia is too high, that is the most affordable defence, the only winners of this childish nonsense are the speculators who own the oil bousres and we all pay at the pumps for this senstational reporting,Journalits still refer to the president of iran calling for irael to be wiped of the map, which is total fiction , he never said it at all, two websites published the english trans lation of his speach at the time and the words were not there.we have been subjected to blatant lies for years and christians need to be the ones who expose it for the world in darkness not help keep them in the dark.I reject all the claims that iran will be destroyed or invaded becuse god said through jeremiah49:39 'But it will come about in the lt daysthat i will restore the fortunes of Elam, decalres the lord." Elam is the s.w. of iran where i believe the oil deposits are and the nuclear powerststion is being built.their policy id to sell the oil for foreign currency to deveople the nation and use nucler power for energy. IN verse 38 God said he would destroy out of it the kings and princes, that was fulfilled in 1979 by their revolution against the Zionist stooge the shar. I onfirmed thst with a Iranian journalist the anciant royal line ended then fully for the first time in history. By the same tokin i believe the embargo Also has to fail because god's word cannot fail. Elam was a son of Shem.The Zionists used Saddam Hussein to try and destroy iran in an 8 year warfter the rvolution and failed. then they destroyed iraq through george bush who claimed god called him to presecute war on iraq. One of the goals of the revolution which is quite easy to detect is to prevent the iranian people from becoming decadent like what has happened to the west, I give them credit because we have been blind and well as stupid and they have learnt from our lessons we have yet to recognise. a collapse of the US and the west with it's more likely than the failure of prophecy. i know of of no perophecy that cam protect the US with its capital full of pagan symbols whicch Dan brown used to make a successful novel- The lost symbol. While America has been threatening iran jesus has been appearing to iranians in their dreams and converting them. The first line of verse 38 says"I shall set my throne in elam", do Americans want to pr-empt Iran from becoming Christian by war?The symbols in Washington say yes. food for thought?