IGNORED

Words In My Head

Guest the_Panther

Guest the_Panther

As I read many of these posts and as I talk to people or read the paper...These same words keep popping into my head.."Wars & Rumors of Wars"...I know that this is in Rev. about the "Final Days"...I personal have just started back to Church & even though I feel that I am saved. I am still scared of the "Final Days".Things such as can my Faith hold out.Will I give into the wrong side for the sake of my family..and things like that...I know that "the time" is drawing near & to be quite honest I am scared as to what may & will happen.

Your Brother in Christ Our Lord,

Patrick

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

:il: Read psalm 91 Patrick....and then read it again...I'm sure it will help you. It helped me through much of the same fears your having. :hug:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest Psalm27

I used to worry about things like this a long time ago. I strongly believe that the Holy Spirit will give us stregnth to stand through anything.

:hug:

Guest the_Panther

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank You Both soooooooooooo Very Much & Thank God For This Board!May God Bless You & Your Families!

Your Brother In Christ Our Lord,

Patrick A.K.A. The_Panther

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Hi Panther, I think this is something all of us have thought alot about. My wife and I were talking about this the other night. It was the ole "what if they have a gun to my kids head and tell me to denounce Christ or he dies"?

God is faithful.........look what his word says..

1 Corinthians 10:13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

I think you give us a good question and one that needs to be discussed.

I'm glad someone gave Psalm 91, I love it!!

Thanks for starting this thread!! :laugh:

In his love,

Brian

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Panter,

Don't worry about what is going to happen, claim all those promises for yourself and see that God is good and faithful, He did not start something good in you to let you fall--keep your eyes on Jesus and trust Him for your Salvation!!:laugh:

God is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy. Be confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God Keeps His People

(Gen 28:15) I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

(Exo 19:4-5) 'You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. {5} Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine,

(Deu 33:27) The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, 'Destroy him!'

(Josh 1:7-9) Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. {8} Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. {9} Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

(Psa 37:23-24) If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; {24} though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

(Psa 41:1-4) For the director of music. A psalm of David. Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble. {2} The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes. {3} The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness. {4} I said, "O LORD, have mercy on me; heal me, for I have sinned against you."

(Psa 66:8-9) Praise our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard; {9} he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping.

(Psa 73:26) My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

(Psa 91:9-12) If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the LORD, who is my refuge-- {10} then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. {11} For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; {12} they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

(Psa 94:17-19) Unless the LORD had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. {18} When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. {19} When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

(Psa 138:6-8) Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar. {7} Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me. {8} The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever-- do not abandon the works of your hands.

(Isa 40:28-31) Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. {29} He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. {30} Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; {31} but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

(Isa 41:10) So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

(Isa 46:4) Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

(Isa 63:9) In all their distress he too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old.

(John 15:16-17) You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. {17} This is my command: Love each other.

(John 17:9-11) I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. {10} All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. {11} I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.

(Rom 8:28-39) And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. {29} For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. {30} And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. {31} What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? {32} He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? {33} Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. {34} Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. {35} Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? {36} As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." {37} No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. {38} For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, {39} neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(1 Cor 10:12-13) So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! {13} No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

(2 Cor 1:20-22) For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. {21} Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, {22} set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

(2 Cor 5:5) Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

(Eph 3:20-21) Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, {21} to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

(Phil 1:6) being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

(Phil 2:12-13) Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, {13} for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

(Col 1:21-23) Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. {22} But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation-- {23} if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

(1 Th 5:23-24) May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. {24} The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

(2 Th 3:3) But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

(2 Tim 4:18) The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

(1 Pet 1:3-5) Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, {4} and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, {5} who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

(1 John 4:4) You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

(Jude 1:1-2) Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James, To those who have been called, who are loved by God the Father and kept by Jesus Christ: {2} Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.

(Jude 1:24-25) To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy-- {25} to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I know this is a very controversial answer, but I will tell you the truth any way.

If you are washed in the blood of Jesus, born of the Holy Spirit and looking for His soon return...if you are saved...you will not be here during the Great Tribulation. The Lord is going to take the Church out of this world just prior to the Anti-Christ being revealed..in the moment..in the twinkling of an eye...then, after the Tribulation period Jesus is coming in the clouds with tens thousands of His saints and He will destroy the Anti-Christ.

Ask the Lord to give you that blessed assurance that you are saved and ready to meet Him in the air.

:hug:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Amen :t2:

Angels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Hi Patrick,

Greetings and welcome to WBs.

The best advise I can give is get your nose in the bible and keep it there before you go listening to all other material, especially the fictional stuff. It is Fiction. Faith come from the Word of God and nothing else. The Word is the only sure foundation that won't sink away. You can weather any storm if your foundation is secure. Memorize as much as you can. If the bible says it, that settles it, you can believe it.

Ro 15:13

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/19/1969

I don't agree that you should not be concerned because you are not going to be here. And I am not interested in going into a long doctrinal dissertation. There is plenty of information available online for both sides.

The important thing is like everyone is saying, hold on to the word of God. It will weather you through any storm. Remember the foolish man who built his house on the sand, he didn't stand firm on the foundation of God's word and his house was torn apart.

Memorizing the word is great advice. I'm going through some memorization techniques right now that are helping me alot. When your heart and mind is full of God's word you will not have fear, worry or doubt. Stay encouraged and stay in the word. God bless! :t2: