• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Joyce Meyer says God has made her rich.

Everything she has came from Him: the $10 million corporate jet, her husband’s $107,000 silver-gray Mercedes sedan, her $2 million home and houses worth another $2 million for her four children — all blessings, she says, straight from the hand of God.

It’s been an amazing run, nothing short of a miracle, says Meyer, a one-time bookkeeper who heads one of the world’s largest television ministries. Her Life in the Word organization expects to take in $95 million this year.

Just look around, she told reporters last month from behind her desk on the third floor of the ministry’s corporate offices in Jefferson County.

Here I am, an ex-housewife from Fenton, with a 12th-grade education,” she said. “How could anybody look at this and see anything other than God?

So does that mean that anyone who is not rich is not blessed by God? Does that mean that Christians in third world countries are cursed by God?

Are we all cursed if we don't have a private jet? Joyce, you are living high on the hard earned money of those who send it into your

ministry....Jesus did not die so that you could have flashy clothes and tell us that He is your credit card

Here is another comment made by Joyce concerning her millions in personal wealth:

If you stay in your faith, you are going to get paid,” Meyer told an audience in Detroit in September. “I’m living now in my reward.”

Be careful Joyce, those words may very be true. This life, here and now, may very well be your reward.

Well without defending or attacking ms Mrs. Meyer, as I don't listen to TBN and have only read one (excellent), book by her, what she says about God making her rich is correct.

I for instance, am not rich, but everything I have comes from God. My house, car, work, salary, investments, wife, stuff, housekeeper, abilities, gifts, church, friends, etc. So in a way I guess I am rich. because rich is relative. I am far richer that the rural Zulu living in the village outside my town, who owns two chickens and considers them self wealthy...

So sevenseas, do you have a problem with the fact that Mrs. Meyer is rich, or that she says God made it so?

Are we all cursed if we don't have a private jet you ask?

Let me ask you, are we cursed if we do?

And as to her saying we will live our reward? What's wrong with that? Or are you the one to decide if the reward will be two chickens or a Learjet? From where I stand that's God's domain....

"Be careful Joyce, those words may very be true. This life, here and now, may very well be your reward"

And that comment is judgement, pure and simple. Because you have no idea what God's plans are for Mrs Meyer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Sevenseas:

In her 1991 booklet, The Most Important Decision You Will Ever Make

Is that how it works for you also Sevenseas? 1991?????? You also stopped getting revelation and correction..... That is your understanding of how things are? I feel bad for you since you believe you can't possible learn anything new, or get better understanding on something.

I know I don't know everything, and have lots more to learn. That is the judgement you gave though, so you do believe like that. Very strange you think you have arrived...

Jesus Is Lord.

I'll tell you how it works for me. I open my Bible, I ask God to reveal only HIS truth and to keep me from all error and deception since such

a large part of my life has already been given over to demonic lies because I believed people simply because they said they were a

Christian and in my innocence I thought that Christians were full of the love of Christ and would never hurt one another.

Then I believe that He has heard me and read and I study and sometimes I agonize over circumstances that I have no control over

because of the years wasted and the situations that have been created in my life as a result. At times the peace of God which

passes my understanding floods my heart and soul and I know that God is...HE IS! and I just pray what is in my heart and sometimes

I cannot find the words and I ask Him to give me the words

Just the normal type of stuff that us followers of the Lamb go through. And sometimes when my heart longs for heaven I ask Him to

just take me now but of course He will do that in His own time.

And I have commentaries, the book of Josephus, (I like history) Bible dictionary and just a whole arsenal of books...but I have got rid of the ones

with erroneous teaching. I find this old book, War on the Saints to be very current for what is going on in Christianity . and of course google,

but the ever handy Bible tools on several sites which contain numerous commentaries, teachers, expositories and the original Greek and other

great tools...and I have a knack for praying over what I read and find because I want the truth and God knows there seems to be more

lies than truth out there

You don't feel bad for me Mike. You are way too self absorbed and entertained by your own subjective experience to actually feel for

someone like me. You look down on me and believe I have no spiritual life because I question yours. You are also a bully and make

nasty personal comments when your sainthood and questionable right to infallibility is questioned.

You make a lot of noise, but God says be still and know that I am God. I am still. I used to make alot of noise too.

So sevenseas, do you have a problem with the fact that Mrs. Meyer is rich, or that she says God made it so?

Did I say that I did? But that is the typical question asked of course when one states that Jesus did not die to make us

rich down here. What is distasteful, is making money off the gospel to the extent you have so much you own several houses,

your own plane and a huge yacht.

Seriously, is that why Jesus died? What does that lifestyle say to martyrs or those in prison for their beliefs? Does it perhaps

say watch out America you might be next? I dunno...but I do know that making oneself rich off what should be free is not

what God had in mind. God blessed Abraham and many others...but those people did not get rich from the gospel. Of course

people in full time ministry should have their needs met....I think having money is great....harder for a rich man in some cases tho

What do you think? It will be interesting to see one day, what happens with all the works of those who professed the name of Christ,

yet used the gospel to become rich and twisted scripture and made mockery out of those who suffered by telling them they did

not have enough faith or you are sick because your faith is not strong enough

I do not understand how people can possibly equate the get rich gospel with what Jesus preached. It's a mystery

And as to her saying we will live our reward? What's wrong with that? Or are you the one to decide if the reward will be two chickens or a Learjet? From where I stand that's God's domain....

Look, you obviously have something against what I posted...even though it is documented and available for the entire world to read. You also have

a Bible...are the words of the word of faith false teachers in the Bible? Did Jesus preach on prosperity and being rich? Did He teach that

we will never hurt or have suffering or did He teach that we should have our treasure in heaven because where our heart is, there will our

treasure be also

I don't find your jet and chicken remarks funny. You may stand on either side. You know where I stand.

"Be careful Joyce, those words may very be true. This life, here and now, may very well be your reward"

And that comment is judgement, pure and simple. Because you have no idea what God's plans are for Mrs Meyer.

Yes it is. Does that scare you? She judges herself with what she says.

Just do not take anything here as personally aimed at you Fez. You do not like my posts, but I did not lie or exaggerate

• 1 Timothy 6:5-10 says
    "useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself. Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

• This is where I get my thoughts on people getting rich on the gospel. I don't go by popular opinion.

• 1 Timothy 4:1 says
      "Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons..."
      • 2 Timothy 4:3-4 says
        "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables."

and of course the ever popular and oft quoted:

[*]Matthew 6:19-21 says

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

[*]

If Jesus were walking the earth today as the Son of God incarnate (in the flesh) what would that look like?

sadly:

[*]Matthew 8:20 says

"And Jesus said to him, 'Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.'"

Whatza matter Jesus? Are you lacking faith? Don't you know that your heavenly father will supply all your needs? Must

be your faith Jesus...or maybe sin...have you sinned alot? What about your confession? Is it a positive one? Do you speak

what you want into existence? Don't you know that your words have POWER! You are going to get what you say you are

going to get....

Well we would consider those remarks blasphemous of course if said to Jesus, so why is OK to say those things to another Christian and

accuse them of being jealous of people with money or say they are judging when they remark, truthfully, that the gospel

of speak and it shall be yours is not the true gospel?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Jesus died, rose again, and is our Savior. Accepting Him saves us.

All else is gravy.

There are literally millions of people who talk about how their faith affects their lives, and many try to project that faith via different media...book, television, podcasts, movies, magazines, radio.....

Will many of these people make mistakes along the way? Will they say things that are "false"? Will they mess up here and there in their understanding of certain passages? Most certainly. Even when we sit down with just ourselves and the Bible and maybe a reference or two and think we have it nailed down pat, we're subject to making a mistake or not understanding something correctly.

It's ok...relax. Things will be alright.

We put our hearts in the right direction and God won't lead us astray. We'll get through things ok.

For those that purposefully use false teaching to make money, don't worry, God will deal with them in His own way. It's not our call. Let them do what they do and say what they say. There's no sense in wasting too much of our lives on trying to fix something that's not our job to fix in the first place.

Don't like Meyer, Duplantis, Hinn, and others? Cool beans. There's far worse things in the world to worry about.

Relax, take a breath....smile. It's a good day :)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The choice of every teacher to teach and have those that follow their teaching is an important one not to be taken lightly. Every teacher who chooses to teach ought to be grateful for the many who come and question the teaching, that they may be sharpened in their teaching.

Jam 3:1 ¶ My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Jam 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same [is] a perfect man, [and] able also to bridle the whole body.

Jam 3:3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

Jam 3:4 Behold also the ships, which though [they be] so great, and [are] driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

Jam 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

Jam 3:6 And the tongue [is] a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Preaching and teaching the word of God is serious business that must be done right or there are consequences. May the Lord bless and guide the teaching of all those who are anointed by him for the task. May the rest learn in subjection. Consider the end of the teachers behavior, for if they are going into the pit, so shall their followers.

Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Did I say that I did?

Oh come now, your whole post is about the fact, and your comments are irrefutable evidence of such.

But that is the typical question asked of course when one states that Jesus did not die to make us

rich down here. What is distasteful, is making money off the gospel to the extent you have so much you own several houses,

your own plane and a huge yacht.

Seriously, is that why Jesus died? What does that lifestyle say to martyrs or those in prison for their beliefs? Does it perhaps

say watch out America you might be next? I dunno...but I do know that making oneself rich off what should be free is not

what God had in mind. God blessed Abraham and many others...but those people did not get rich from the gospel. Of course

people in full time ministry should have their needs met....I think having money is great....harder for a rich man in some cases tho

So you are saying it is Ok to have money, but you should be the one to decide (in this case) where it comes from and how much?

What do you think? It will be interesting to see one day, what happens with all the works of those who professed the name of Christ,

yet used the gospel to become rich and twisted scripture and made mockery out of those who suffered by telling them they did

not have enough faith or you are sick because your faith is not strong enough

I do not understand how people can possibly equate the get rich gospel with what Jesus preached. It's a mystery

Is that what you think Mrs Meyer preaches? Please show me where she says that in so many words?

Look, you obviously have something against what I posted...even though it is documented and available for the entire world to read. You also have

a Bible...are the words of the word of faith false teachers in the Bible? Did Jesus preach on prosperity and being rich? Did He teach that

we will never hurt or have suffering or did He teach that we should have our treasure in heaven because where our heart is, there will our

treasure be also

I don't find your jet and chicken remarks funny. You may stand on either side. You know where I stand.

My remark was not in any way intended to be funny. It was deadly serious. Define rich for me please?

Yes it is. Does that scare you? She judges herself with what she says.

Just do not take anything here as personally aimed at you Fez. You do not like my posts, but I did not lie or exaggerate

I never accused you of lying or exaggerating. I accused you of a judgmental attitude. To which you affirmed in your answer.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

LEGALISM AT IT'S FINEST:

Joyce Meyers: “You know, dying to self is not a requirement to go to heaven…”

Who are we going to believe? Joyce Meyers or Jesus? Who are we going to trust with our eternal souls? Meyers of Jesus?

Did Jesus not say, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. – Matthew 16:24-27 –

I dare not trust in the words of apostate Joyce Meyers. We are fools if we do.

“God wants you to drive a nice car and have a nice wardrobe. And live in a nice home and have good promotions. He wants you to have great social life. He wants you to have the best of what the world has to offer.”

Really? We can see who has all that the world has to offer; the likes of Lady Gaga, Madonna, politicians, news media, leaders both in the world and church, Hollywood, the music industry, the eletists — so many have ALL the world has to offer and yet it means nothing when it comes to their soul. All the riches of the world will not buy them entrance into heaven.

If this gospel does not work where for our brothers and sisters who are SUFFERING for the true Gospel in nations where the mere mention of Jesus will get your head chopped off, where you are thrown in prison for your beliefs, where you are stoned, where you are persecuted for daring to speak the truth — it is NOT THE TRUE GOSPEL. God says, “come out of her (the whore) my people and be ye seperate.”

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

LEGALISM AT IT'S FINEST:

Joyce Meyers: “You know, dying to self is not a requirement to go to heaven…”

Who are we going to believe? Joyce Meyers or Jesus? Who are we going to trust with our eternal souls? Meyers of Jesus?

Did Jesus not say, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. – Matthew 16:24-27 –

I dare not trust in the words of apostate Joyce Meyers. We are fools if we do.

“God wants you to drive a nice car and have a nice wardrobe. And live in a nice home and have good promotions. He wants you to have great social life. He wants you to have the best of what the world has to offer.”

Really? We can see who has all that the world has to offer; the likes of Lady Gaga, Madonna, politicians, news media, leaders both in the world and church, Hollywood, the music industry, the eletists — so many have ALL the world has to offer and yet it means nothing when it comes to their soul. All the riches of the world will not buy them entrance into heaven.

If this gospel does not work where for our brothers and sisters who are SUFFERING for the true Gospel in nations where the mere mention of Jesus will get your head chopped off, where you are thrown in prison for your beliefs, where you are stoned, where you are persecuted for daring to speak the truth — it is NOT THE TRUE GOSPEL. God says, “come out of her (the whore) my people and be ye seperate.”

:thumbsup: ..... some have multiple mansions ,and their own private jet. Greed takes them over.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Joyce's interview with Nightline

when asked about her private jet she says "is there no reward for people doing what I'm doing?"

Ummm...how about God saying "well done good and faithful servant" ?