• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/25/1953

Firestormx,

There is only one unforgivible sin,, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Putting it plainly,, the sin of disbelief is the only sin that can keep you out of Heaven. As for the Rev. verses you share.. This comes in a time after the rapture.. Christians well already be gone by the time these verses come into play.. God owes the Jews 7 years in which to repent and take Jesus as the promised saviour. Give me about 3 months of saturdays and I'll outline the whole deal..

Just keep studying with the Holy Spirit at your side and all this will come to you.

God bless

Linehaul

• 5 months later...

4. Falling away after meeting the requirements in verses below

Hebrews 6:4-8

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 7 Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God. 8 But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.

The sin I've labeled nuber 4, I've rarely heard anyone talk about, but I don't think many would even be able to commit because of the requirement to have tasted the powers of the coming age, unbelievers are a good example of ones who I don't think can commit this sin. The one I numbered 3 I've heard people discuss a little more. Please don't hesitate to look to the chapters to recieve better context. I put these verses here so it would be clear it was scripture. I would love to hear others thoughts on this. People love to talk about how bad certain sins are. But these are the only ones I've found that the bible goes to extra lengths to discuss. So what do you think. How many sins of doom are there?

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  61

Dearest Firestorm..

What other questions are you seeking here in your thread that you are praying over, and can I ask why you are deeply seeking these questions ..What purpose do they hold for you personally?

Love & Blessings Sis Tina x

Miss Agapelove... it is true for us to share God's Love that lead to the death of the Son of God. But scripture doesn't end there. The bibles teaches us that we must love Him back and to love Him back is to obey His commandments. Joh 14:15 ISV "If you love me, keep my commandments.". The rest of God's Word does not become irrelevant just because we have knowledge of God's Love. God's Love is at the heart of it all but the bible teaches us many of God's attributes... anger, wrath, hate, Judgement, etc. It is good to dig into scripture to learn and have a deeper understanding of Him.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  61

The one clear understanding that we have of "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" is the one clear reference that Jesus gave.

Mat 12:22-32 NASB Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw. (23) All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, "This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?" (24) But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons." (25) And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. (26) "If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? (27) "If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. (28) "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. (29) "Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. (30) "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. (31) "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. (32) "Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

To put it simple, believer or non-believer, if the Holy Spirit has performed a miracle such as a healing in our midst, and we say that the devil did it, we blasphemy. It's not forgivable.