• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By HamSandwich
      Let me preface this question with the fact that I'm a believer,  100%. I'm just trying to figure out the details.  I understand that Jesus Christ conquered death which is the penalty for sin. My question is,  how is that transferable to me and my sin and you and your sin? And if he died for everyone's sin once and for all: why is it necessary to believe?  If a debt it paid,  is paid...right?
    • By Robert William
      RE: "Worthy Christians"
      Christians are ONLY worthy of eternal life because of what Christ has done for them, ALL humans including Christians deserve to be right now thrown into the eternal lake of fire.
    • By JohnKing67
      And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
      Do you believe that this verse teaches that redemption means no more sin?  How do you interpret this verse?
    • By Jonathan BeWell
      Sense God’s Peace

To peace as my mind’s chatter becomes numb.
      … From dumb ones’ mindless matters.
      It is all up to He to set my brain free-
      Becoming less flesh; naughty body!
      God’s Spirit breaks free past chains misery,
      Drowning in sorrow, sin pained.
      Let me again pray for you, friend,
      Replacing my rant on the mend.
      In the Lord I place you to soothe stress gone through.
      Now on this new page I will write
      Christ answers for you.
      He’s how I got through
      Healed, restored full; reborn new.
      I thought that you knew [all
      In the mind true]
      Whom
      Calms stormy seas. He
      Makes us all be
      Still, sensed God’s Word peacefully.

~ Sense God’s Peace ~ 2018 ~ Gregory KJ Brumwell

11 Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice!  Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace.  And the God of love and peace will be with you. 

~ 2 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV)

19 lines #MindOfGod #JesusChrist #Sin #Peace
    • By Behold
      The reason a believer would not have eternal confidence that they are going to heaven, subsequent to (following) their Salvation, is because no one has truly taught them how to understand Salvation.
      See, there are a lot of ways to teach "Salvation", but there is only on True Way to teach it, and to understand it.
      To begin with...... many have the idea that Salvation is..... "i heard the gospel, believed it,  and i trusted in Christ".
      Ok, thats true........ but how did THAT make certain that you are going to heaven?.........So, THIS is what so many of you were not taught, after you were born again, and so many find themselves going along for the rest of their born again lives pulling daisies and asking themselves....."did i lose it, .....did i confess it back........did i lose it again.........did i confess it back.........did i lose it.........do i need to go back to the alter for the 17th time and get "re-saved"....do i need to do a penance....   do i need to find a priest and tell him all so that he can make me right with God, again..........and so on, and on and on, and on, and on, on on on .....>
      So, lets just explain How God saved you, and then you can leave your salvation in His hands and out of yours, as you are incapable of saving yourself or keeping yourself saved.  
      Philippians 1:6
      Here we go..
       By the time you were 17 you had long passed the age of accountability where you had become a sinner.   So, this put you in a situation that we all face........"Ive sinned, and unforgiven sinners dont go to heaven to live in Joy and Harmony with God, for all eternity".  
      So, immediately, we see the issue........The issue is not.. being good vs being bad, and the issue is not doing right or doing wrong...... The ISSUE is your SIN is going to keep you out of heaven.....Thats your issue, when you are LOST.
      And that is the ONLY issue that can keep you and God apart........And it WILL for eternity, unless this "sin caused disconnect" is resolved...... and you can't do this for yourself.
      Understand.......Salvation, is GOD dealing with your sin, FOR YOU, because He loves you.     "For God so loved the world, YOU, that He GAVE"......... John 3:16
      Now, all that is the REASON for Salvation....... As Salvation is simply the means and effect by which God comes into your life and heart and spirit and resolves YOUR Sin issue for you.  And this is the "Grace of God", taking care of your SIN, for you....for FREE......as "Salvation is a GIFT".
      The "Grace of God" is God Himself coming to YOU to solve YOUR Sin issue that is keeping you and God  SEPARATED.
      People who die separated from God, will stay this way for eternity, and "hell" is where you begin that existence.
      So, Salvation is God coming to you, to resolve for eternity, YOUR SIN ISSUE that has parted you from Him, and His family, and Heaven itself.
      Sin is your curse and God is your Cure.  Sin is your soul sickness and the Blood of Jesus is the REMEDY.    You have a sin issue, as your sin is ON YOU and IN YOU and you are being held accountable for it,  John 3:36... and if you dont get this resolved, then as Jesus says.."you will DIE IN YOUR SIN".....and if that happens, you are going to go to hell, and not just there.....but eventually to the "lake of fire", and there is no getting out, there is no END.   Hell and the Lake of Fire will last for as long as God LIVES......And He's an Eternal Being.
      Now, how is SIN resolved?........Its resolved by the application of SALVATION, that God Himself applies to you, so that your SIN, once and for all, is dealt with finally and forever.
      Lets get right to it now.....
      How does GOD resolve your SIN issue so that He can Accept you and for all eternity?.  As once this has happened, then "Salvation" has been applied, rendered, and given to you from God Himself, which is an eternal situation.
      So, How does God resolve your sin, so that He can accept you, and not just for a few weeks....?
      1. ) Simple.....He eternally replaces your sin with His Very Righteousness........"The Gift of Righteousness".  "The Atonement".
      2.) He removes the Law's power to judge you any longer as a "sinner", (Romans 4:8) and from this point, you are never viewed by God ever again as a sinner, but only as a "joint heir with Christ" and in fact a "Son/Daughter of God", and exactly connected to God just like Jesus.
      Now, i said i would keep this simple, but i had to write a bit of explanation, so that you could see what God had to take care of for you (your sin), so that by taking care of it for you (Jesus on The Cross), you could understand WHY Salvation has nothing to do with your behavior.....but Everything to do with God solving your sin issue FOR YOU, that disconnected you from Him.
      -----
      So, moving along.....
      A little deeper....
      God looks at us, before we are born again.....as  the "adamic fallen", the sinners, the unbelievers, the LOST< and He had the responsibility to offer the only WAY.. (John 14:6) that you could be accepted by Him, back into His family, and for all eternity.
      How?
      God knows that to accept you, for you to belong to Him.... you have to be like Him........ And how is that?.....>"God's name is HOLY".......... That is how.
      He had to recreate you, (born again) so that you possess HIS VERY RIghteousness, as yours...   In other words, YOU have to become, literally "the righteousness of God, In Christ", before He can accept you as His own..    So, what did He have to do, to GET THIS to you?.........Well, God literally had to become like you.... He literally came to this earth as Jesus, and OFFERS<>< FREELY GIVES you His Righteousness AS A FREE GIFT FROM THE CROSS.......>"God became one of us".....and  He literally lived and met the requirements of His own LAW, and lived it perfectly, sinlessly....and then he took  this to a Cross, this sinless - law keeping - perfection..... and sacrificed it (Himself) as a Gift to you and me.    And Christ's sinlessness combined with the Sacrifice for the Sin of the World on a Cross, IS, Salvation as a finished "work of redemption"
      And here is where it gets even more interesting...... This Act of God, His sinless LIFE combined with His sacrificial Death on a Cross, is a completed situation, that exists... Its a living gift....Its alive....Its Power.....Its Redemption.
      It Exists for over 2000 years as a living OPPORTUNITY to have it.......... applied, for FREE.
      Now.....A low rent and pretty lame analogy would be.......... There is a Billion Dollars in the bank......and its WAITING TO BE APPLIED, Given.....to "all who would come".
      Salvation, is always there, waiting to be applied...waiting to be GIVEN.     = This unconditional love of God, this Amazing Grace, that is God Himself solving the sin issue for "all would who come".......Is always there, waiting to do it for anyone and everyone who would turn from themselves, turn to the Cross, kneel, and say......."I believe, i receive, and i trust"..
      Faith : is Trust.
      Faith :  is Trust.
      And when anyone offers this FAITH, their TRUST to God, ....He Instantly applies the gift of Salvation unto them, upon them, and within them.....once and forever. = Born Again.
      "Salvation".
      -------
      wrapping it up time....
      ""Salvation""......now simplified ........is........ God took the responsibility of your life, your eternal life, upon Himself.  And to do so  He completely resolved the issue of your sin, by becoming a man, and dying for your sin.  Which....is offering you not only the freedom from the judgment due you for your sin by taking it upon Himself on a Cross.....but He also replaces your unholiness with His very Righteousness...... He gives this to you as "the gift of Righteousness", and in this way, you become "the righteousness of God, IN Christ", that He can accept, and nothing else will He accept.
      And how does He finally seal the deal?..........= He abolishes the law and establishes Grace in its place, so that only the BORN AGAIN are "no longer under the law, but under Grace", and by completing  this final act, by removing from you (the Law) that can no longer deem you or judge you to be a sinner......."where there is no Law, there is no Transgression".... Romans 4:8.........He has stopped the LAW from having the power to judge you to be (by Himself)  a sinner AFTER you are saved..
      This had to be so, or the effect of becoming holy so that God could accept you, would be destroyed 20 mins after you were saved, when you did something wrong
      So, God took care of it all.     He (became) took you sin upon Himself on the Cross .  He replaced your sin with His "Gift of Righteousness", and then to make certain the Law could not judge you ever again as a "sinner".  (Romans 4:8)  God abolished the Law, and replaced it with Grace, so that your eternal life would always be secured by what HE did for you.
      "Salvation".

<B><