• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Im in the process of changing my sig line. Along with bible verses, I would like to post two quotes from the following puritan authors. Which one or ones do you like?

"No heart can conceive that treasury of mercies which lies in this one privilege, in having liberty and ability to approach unto God at all times, according to his mind and will." JOHN OWEN

"O Christian, never be proud of things that are so transient, injurious, and uncertain as the riches of this evil world! But set your heart on the true and durable riches of grace in Christ Jesus." ISAAC AMBROSE

"If God be our God, He will give us peace in trouble. When there is a storm without, He will make peace within. The world can create trouble in peace, but God can create peace in trouble." THOMAS WATSON

"Works? Works? A man get to heaven by works? I would as soon think of climbing to the moon on a rope of sand!" GEORGE WHITEFIELD"

Like them all...but the one by Thomas Watson spoke the most. Always a blessing to know that no matter what, God is always there bearing it all with you. Even if you cannot see Him...there are times, He sure can be felt. There is a peace about Him that no one and nothing else can bring.

Just Another Sinner

Dani

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

Hey jadey.........is the verdict in?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Not quite. I thought I would give more folks a chance to weigh in. I am leaning towards these two though.

"No heart can conceive that treasury of mercies which lies in this one privilege, in having liberty and ability to approach unto God at all times, according to his mind and will." JOHN OWEN

"If God be our God, He will give us peace in trouble. When there is a storm without, He will make peace within. The world can create trouble in peace, but God can create peace in trouble." THOMAS WATSON

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

Not quite. I thought I would give more folks a chance to weigh in. I am leaning towards these two though.

I'd go with the watson one, it reminds me of a sermon I recently heard.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

I'd go with the watson one, it reminds me of a sermon I recently heard.

If Steve is choosing that one I'd like to change my vote.

:(

• Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Agree with Selene.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/06/1993

Isaac Ambrose and Thomas Watson

The last one I don't really agree with, since I feel that there has to be work, in a sense, with faith. Good faith brings good works, and faith without works is dead. James 2:19 says that the Demons believe in one God also, and they shutter.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:17-20

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 14:26

Thomas Watson's quote reminds me of something that would be in Psalm. And Isaac's reminds me of the right Jesus attitude; to hate the world and the things in it, for the world has become plastic and decieved. However love the people of the world, and don't comform to the evil ways.

Edited by IatePistachiosSigningUp