• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Israel's ''Alleged'' Temple

Jack Kinsella - Omega Letter Editor

One would think that, of all the possible efforts to revise history imaginable, the piece of history that would be the hardest to revise would be to deny the historical existence of a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.

First, the Bible is filled with references to a Jewish Temple. And the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered in 1947 in Qumron have conclusively and undeniably confirmed that the Biblical record is unchanged since the scrolls were buried there in AD 70.

Secondly, the Qumrom discovery included hundreds of Temple artifacts, documents, drawings, and other forms of historical confirmation as to the existence of a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem up until the time of the Qumrom community's destruction around AD 70.

Thirdly, one of the retaining walls of Solomon's Temple, built almost three thousand years ago, still stands on the western side of the Temple Mount. I've seen it and touched its ancient stones. I've prayed at it. It is there.

Mahmoud Abbas, head of the Palestinian Authority and cofounder of Yasser Arafat's Fatah Party, recently accused Israel of seeking to "rob Muslims and Christians of their holy shrines, destroy Al-Aqsa mosque and build the alleged Jewish Temple."

In February, Abbas accused Israel had been waging a “final battle” aimed at erasing the Arab, Muslim and Christian character of east Jerusalem. He charged that Israel intended to destroy Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa mosque, which sits atop the remains of the two biblical Jewish Temples. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned the remarks as “harshly inflammatory” and “baseless.”

Abbas responded with the promise that there will be “no peace, no security and no stability unless the occupation, settlers and settlements are gone from Jerusalem.” He also stressed that the city will remain the eternal capital of the Palestinian state, according to the Palestine News Network news agency.

The very last thing that the government of Israel wants to do is to destroy the al-Aqsa Mosque. There would be no tears shed if it were destroyed by an earthquake, or if it collapsed on its own, but the Israeli government would rather maintain the status quo as take on the global Muslim community all at once.

However, the Bible says that in the last days, the Third Temple will be rebuilt. Exactly how that will come about is anybody's guess. But the fact remains that it is a topic of conversation -- for the first time in twenty centuries.

"Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." (2 Thessalonians 2:4)

According to this verse, when the Third Temple is rebuilt, it won't be the Jewish Temple, or the Israeli Temple or the Zionist Temple or even the antichrist's Temple, (which is how many Christians refer to it.)

The Apostle Paul, writing to the Church at Thessonlonika about the events of the last days, prophesied that the antichrist will sit in the Temple of God. For it to be the Temple of God, the Age of Grace must be over.

There is a reason why the Third Temple is consecrated and a reason why Paul calls it the "Temple of God" instead of just 'the Temple'.

First, if it weren't consecrated, it couldn't be defiled. You can't defile something which isn't holy in the first place. During the Age of Grace, the Bible identifies the Temple of God as the individual believer .

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (1 Corinthians 3:16)

But when the Holy Spirit is "taken out of the way" to allow the floodgates of evil to flow unchecked under the rule of antichrist, so are the vessels that He indwells.

That event, the Rapture of the Church, signals the conclusion of the Church Age and the resumption of Daniel's 70th week, or what Jeremiah 30:7 calls, the "time of Jacob's trouble". The Age of Grace is over and the final week of the Law resumes.

Unless the Law was again operational, the "abomination of desolation" would neither be an 'abomination' -- nor could it make the Temple desolate -- unless the Temple itself were legitimate in the first place.

Understand that the resumption of Temple worship and animal sacrifices during the Tribulation has no saving value. Nobody will be saved because they brought an unblemished lamb to the Temple for sacrifice. (Nobody was ever saved by Temple worship during the Age of the Law, either.)

Salvation is and always has been an outpouring of God's grace by faith from every Dispensation.

Secondly, God isn't going back to an "old system" because salvation is not a product of the Temple system, as we've just noted. The Age of the Law had yet to run its full course when it was interrupted by the Age of Grace.

Daniel notes that in the 69th Week, the "Messiah is cut off, but not for Himself"; the Temple is destroyed by the people of the coming prince (antichrist) and then there is a temporal disconnect when Daniel's clock stops for the Church Age.

The Age of Grace concludes with the Rapture and Daniel's clock restarts on the final week, the reasons for which are clearly outlined in Daniel 9:24.

It isn't a re-institution of the Age of the Law. It is the resumption of an unfilled Dispensational Period for which there is a definite purpose. The purpose is six-fold;

1. to finish the transgression,
  2. make an end to sins,
  3. make reconciliation for iniquity,
  4. bring in everlasting righteousness,
  5. seal up the vision and the prophecy, and
  6. anoint the most Holy.

The Church plays no role, since parts 1 -3 were fulfilled at the Cross and parts 4-6 are fulfilled at the Second Coming and during the Millennial Rest.

Christians have no holy city of their own -- we share Jerusalem with the Jews, but it is not ours. Jesus finished the transgression and put an end to sins at the Cross, offering Himself as a reconciliation for iniquity.

So, then, what is the purpose of the Law? Why did God give Moses the Ten Commandments?

According to the Apostle Paul, the reason for the Ten Commandments was to prove we couldn't keep them and to point out our need for a Savior. That realization is offered to both Jew and Gentile. BUT, says Paul;

"I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

The 'fullness of the Gentiles be come in' is a reference to the conclusion of the Church Age, which ends when the last Gentile who is going to accept Christ does so. Once the Body of Christ is complete, the Rapture takes place, and God turns His attention back to Israel.

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins." (Romans 11:26-27)

The 70th Week of Daniel is also called "the Time of Jacob's Trouble" (Jeremiah 30:7) because it is set aside for the judgment of the Gentiles and the national salvation of the Jews.

To summarize: the purpose of the Tribulation is two-fold. First and foremost, its purpose is to effect the national reconciliation of the Jews and their salvation -- as a nation.

The unbelieving Gentiles have already had their chance and rejected it. This idea that God continues His plan for the Gentiles into the Tribulation Period is without Scriptural support. That is not to say that Gentiles cannot be saved during the Tribulation. Some may well be.

But during the Tribulation, God's attention turns to the national redemption of Israel. Revelation Chapter 7 tells of 144,000 Jews who will be 'sealed' with the indwelling Holy Spirit.

The Jews of Israel aren't saved during the Tribulation by the Temple practices or law. Zechariah 12:10 makes it clear that the Jews of Israel during the Tribulation are saved the same way we are -- by grace and supplications (prayer).

"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon Me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for Him, as one mourneth for his only Son, and shall be in bitterness for Him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

It is the Temple desecration that causes the Jews to turn their backs on the antichrist and turn towards Christ. That is the event that begins the second half, or "Great" Tribulation.

Secondarily, it is a time set aside for the judgment of a Christ-rejecting world (the Church having already been judged at the Cross). The Age of Grace is over, but salvation by grace through faith is still extended to the Jews.

The 144,000 are sealed with and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, which gives them the power to share the Gospel and enables the hearer to be regenerated spiritually. Without the active indwelling of the Holy Spirit within these 144,000 Jewish evangelists, nobody could be saved.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)

And so that's the overview. When the conditions are right, the Temple WILL be rebuilt.

Jewish religious leaders have already prepared the implements for Temple worship and are preparing priests for the resumption of the Temple sacrifice system.

Daniel 9:27 says that part of the "covenant" he confirms between Israel and her enemies includes the resumption of Temple worship and sacrifice. Indeed, it is that covenant allowing the resumption of Temple worship that starts the time clock counting down the days to the Second Coming of Christ.

Why is that important to you? While there aren't any signs pointing to the Rapture, the signs pointing to the soon arrival of the antichrist are more like BILLBOARDS than they are signs.

And before "that Wicked" can be revealed, the Restrainer and the vessels He indwells MUST be "taken out of the way." So the fact we can see him coming means the Lord is coming even sooner.

"Wherefore, comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:18)

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

There is no antichrist. Period. I dare any of you to FIND him. Christian have been speculating for 2000 years just who this individual is, and every time, they come up empty. This is just one more false prophet trying to capitalize on out of context Biblical verses. Daniel 9:24-chapter end is fulfilled.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

There is no antichrist. Period. I dare any of you to FIND him. Christian have been speculating for 2000 years just who this individual is, and every time, they come up empty. This is just one more false prophet trying to capitalize on out of context Biblical verses. Daniel 9:24-chapter end is fulfilled.

An antichrist or THE antichrist is simply someone who is against Christ and His followers. There ARE antichrists and there WILL be someone who is the be all and end all....not that it will matter, the Lord has already told us how the story ends.

An antichrist or THE antichrist is simply someone who is against Christ and His followers. There ARE antichrists and there WILL be someone who is the be all and end all....not that it will matter, the Lord has already told us how the story ends.

Antichrists yes. "The" Antichrist (end time world dictator) no. I find most interesting that none of the apostles nor Jesus never mentioned this "Antichrist", which is one of the primary reasons I don't buy this line. As important as this alleged individual is supposed to be, Jesus never mentions such a person even once? Come on. Fool whom you will, but you're not fooling me on this one Satan.

"The Anti-Christ" is a title used in christian theology to describe this person:

2 Thessalonians 2

New King James Version (NKJV)

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

"The Anti-Christ" is a title used in christian theology to describe this person:

2 Thessalonians 2

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

I'm well aware of that Yod, however a case can be made that the man of sin is a category of people and not just a single person. A case could also be made that the man of sin could have been Nero. Nero certainly exalted himself above every other god or object of worship. His name also adds up to 666.

The problem I have with the idea of the singular antichrist dictator is that that Jesus never mentions this man, nor do any of the other apostles, and the context of John's letters indicate that he wasn't looking for a single person either, but a group of teachers who we later find out are the Gnostics.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

2 Thessalonians 2

I'm well aware of that Yod, however a case can be made that the man of sin is a category of people and not just a single person. A case could also be made that the man of sin could have been Nero. Nero certainly exalted himself above every other god or object of worship. His name also adds up to 666.

The problem I have with the idea of the singular antichrist dictator is that that Jesus never mentions this man, nor do any of the other apostles, and the context of John's letters indicate that he wasn't looking for a single person either, but a group of teachers who we later find out are the Gnostics.

If this passage referred to a group of people why would it contain the word 'man' and the term 'son of'? It reads as referring to a single person.

2 Thessalonians 2

If this passage referred to a group of people why would it contain the word 'man' and the term 'son of'? It reads as referring to a single person.

1Ti 6:11 ¶ But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Is TImothy the only man of God? Methinks not.

In the second example, is only one man being referred to here? I contend the same difference. The man of sin is someone who believes in his heart that he is a god and distains all other gods, whether True or false.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Rev 19:2- - and the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his bejalf. With these signs he deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the firey lake of burning sulfur.

Rev 13 describes both the beast and the false prophet. Both are individuals, both were cast alive into the Lake of Fire.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Here we go again. First of all there will be a period of great tribulation and the antichrist will be in control of that persecution of the saints. The second fact is that the Christians are waiting for a Jewish Jesus to return to earth, the MUSLIMS ARE WAITING FOR A JEWISH JESUS TO RETURN TO EARTH, and the non-messianic JEWS are waiting on a Jewish Jesus to appear here on earth for the first time.

So Bold Believer you can run that false, Preterist teaching all day long but you will never convince 1 billion+ Muslims that that thier Jewish Jesus has already been and gone. Nor will you ever convince the Jews of that same pagan belief. Second Thess. say that the antichrist will sit IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD AND CLAIM THAT HE IS GOD. THAT FACT HAS NEVER HAPPENED YET. During the Roman siege of Jerusalim the Jews fought over control of the Temple mount and there were 3 factions who were fighting for that control which made it impossible for anyone to go into the temple of God, and claim to be God just as it says is going to happen in 2 Thess.

Another thing all of you all preterists fail to see is when scripture say that the time of oppression will be so bad that it will be worse than any other tribulation before it OR AFTER IT.

Well guess what? There were only about 600,000 Jews in the city during the time of the siege and not all of them were killed by the Romans. Many starved or turned to cannibalism and others were killed for trying to escape the city by other Jews and those who did escape died because when the Romans gave them some food their bellies swelled up and burst because they were starving or they were killed during the battles over control of the Temple Mount etc.

Now lets compare what happened in 70 A.D. to what happened to the Jews during world war 2. NOT 600,000 BUT 6,000.000.000 MILLION JEWS WERE SLAUGHTERED DURING WORLD WAR 2. LETS CONSIDER WARSAW POLAND WHERE MORE JEWS WERE STARVED AND SYSTEMATICALLY TORTURED, BEATEN, RAPED AND KILLED OVER A PERIOD OF SEVERAL YEARS THEN WERE IN JERUSALIM IN 70 A.D. OR HOW ABOUT THE GAS CHAMBERS AND DEATH CAMPS, FORCED LABOR CAMPS AND NAZI EXPERIMENTS. THEIR SKINS WERE USED FOR UPOLSTERY ON COUCHES AND LAMP SHADES.

AND LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THE ROMAN PERSECUTIONS OF THE EARLY CHURCH. THAT WENT ON FOR NEARLY 300 YEARS.

NOPE BOLD BABY. HISTORY DOES NOT LINE UP WITH THAT OLD FALSE DOCTRINAL BELIEF OF PRETERISM. YOU SHOULD READ UP ON JOSEPHUS THE JEWISH HISTORIAN WHO WAS THERE DURING THE SIEGE OF JERUSALIM AND WAS THE ONLY ONE LEFT ALIVE AT MUSADA WHICH WAS THE LAST JEWISH STRONG HOLD AFTER THE CITY FELL. TO BAD YOU CAN'T LINE YOUR TEACHING UP WITH SCRIPTURE OR RECORDED HISTORY.