• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

There is no antichrist. Period. I dare any of you to FIND him. Christian have been speculating for 2000 years just who this individual is, and every time, they come up empty. This is just one more false prophet trying to capitalize on out of context Biblical verses. Daniel 9:24-chapter end is fulfilled.

Here we go again. First of all there will be a period of great tribulation and the antichrist will be in control of that persecution of the saints. The second fact is that the Christians are waiting for a Jewish Jesus to return to earth, the MUSLIMS ARE WAITING FOR A JEWISH JESUS TO RETURN TO EARTH, and the non-messianic JEWS are waiting on a Jewish Jesus to appear here on earth for the first time.

So Bold Believer you can run that false, Preterist teaching all day long but you will never convince 1 billion+ Muslims that that thier Jewish Jesus has already been and gone. Nor will you ever convince the Jews of that same pagan belief. Second Thess. say that the antichrist will sit IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD AND CLAIM THAT HE IS GOD. THAT FACT HAS NEVER HAPPENED YET. During the Roman siege of Jerusalim the Jews fought over control of the Temple mount and there were 3 factions who were fighting for that control which made it impossible for anyone to go into the temple of God, and claim to be God just as it says is going to happen in 2 Thess.

Another thing all of you all preterists fail to see is when scripture say that the time of oppression will be so bad that it will be worse than any other tribulation before it OR AFTER IT.

Well guess what? There were only about 600,000 Jews in the city during the time of the siege and not all of them were killed by the Romans. Many starved or turned to cannibalism and others were killed for trying to escape the city by other Jews and those who did escape died because when the Romans gave them some food their bellies swelled up and burst because they were starving or they were killed during the battles over control of the Temple Mount etc.

Now lets compare what happened in 70 A.D. to what happened to the Jews during world war 2. NOT 600,000 BUT 6,000.000.000 MILLION JEWS WERE SLAUGHTERED DURING WORLD WAR 2. LETS CONSIDER WARSAW POLAND WHERE MORE JEWS WERE STARVED AND SYSTEMATICALLY TORTURED, BEATEN, RAPED AND KILLED OVER A PERIOD OF SEVERAL YEARS THEN WERE IN JERUSALIM IN 70 A.D. OR HOW ABOUT THE GAS CHAMBERS AND DEATH CAMPS, FORCED LABOR CAMPS AND NAZI EXPERIMENTS. THEIR SKINS WERE USED FOR UPOLSTERY ON COUCHES AND LAMP SHADES.

AND LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THE ROMAN PERSECUTIONS OF THE EARLY CHURCH. THAT WENT ON FOR NEARLY 300 YEARS.

NOPE BOLD BABY. HISTORY DOES NOT LINE UP WITH THAT OLD FALSE DOCTRINAL BELIEF OF PRETERISM. YOU SHOULD READ UP ON JOSEPHUS THE JEWISH HISTORIAN WHO WAS THERE DURING THE SIEGE OF JERUSALIM AND WAS THE ONLY ONE LEFT ALIVE AT MUSADA WHICH WAS THE LAST JEWISH STRONG HOLD AFTER THE CITY FELL. TO BAD YOU CAN'T LINE YOUR TEACHING UP WITH SCRIPTURE OR RECORDED HISTORY.

If I were a Preterist, you'd be right. I'm not. Never have been. Not a post-millennialist either in the classic sense, although Christ DOES come after the millennium. I don't even consider myself a partial preterist anymore. If I had to put a label on myself, I'd have to say I'm post-little seasonist. Christ is held in heaven until the restoration of all things (Acts 3:21) and He won't be back until after the little season of Gog and Magog...but don't worry, I don't that will be too much longer honestly. I may not live to see the Parousia, but our children or grandchildren may.

The whole theological concept of the 'Great Tribulation' is a straw man. The words used here are too common to the original language to be as specific as those of your understanding would like them to be. I am very familiar with Flavius Josephus. Josephus wasn't at Masada, there were no survivors at Masada. None. Josephus was originally on the side of the rebellion until he realized that it was futile. He surrendered to the Romans at Yodfat in 67 and attempted in vain to persuade the rebelling Jews to stop after that. He was also granted Roman citizenship and took the name Titus Flavius Josephus (his real name being Yusef ben Mattityahu).

One thing we can agree on: It won't be too awful long.

I have to laugh at the thought of Muslims waiting for a Jewish Jesus to return. They are waiting for the Mahdi, the 12th and last Islamic teacher. He'll never get here, he doesn't exist. The Jews aren't looking for Jesus either. They're looking for Messiah ben David. They believe he's a man, but not God in human form. I suggest you read The Messiah Texts by Raphael Patai to get some idea of what Jews are looking for. It isn't Jesus. To the average 'secular' Jew, Jesus is Yeshua bin Miriam ha mamzer (Jesus the bastard son of Mary) and they believe his father was a Roman soldier.

Also, 2 Thess 2 doesn't say the antichrist will do anything. It never mentions antichrist. Only John mentions antichrist(s) in his letters. You add to the Scriptures at your own peril.

Rev 19:2- - and the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his bejalf. With these signs he deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Rev 13 describes both the beast and the false prophet. Both are individuals, both were cast alive into the Lake of Fire.

In Christ

Montana Marv

We know however that the Beast was Rome, the last of Daniel's four beasts. Rome is personified by Nero (who died of a head wound...Chapter 13 of Rev). The False Prophet was the Sanhedrin, personified by the High Priest and his cronies. It is they who were cast in to Ge-enna.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Rev 19:2- - and the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his bejalf. With these signs he deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Rev 13 describes both the beast and the false prophet. Both are individuals, both were cast alive into the Lake of Fire.

In Christ

Montana Marv

We know however that the Beast was Rome, the last of Daniel's four beasts. Rome is personified by Nero (who died of a head wound...Chapter 13 of Rev). The False Prophet was the Sanhedrin, personified by the High Priest and his cronies. It is they who were cast in to Ge-enna.

Bold

Nero commited suicide. He died and did no come back from death. One does not see the Sanhedrin preforming miraculous signs.

Rev 13:13 - 17 -- And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men.Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ortdered them (the inhabitants of the earth) to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He the false prophet was given power to give breathe to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead.

The Sanhedrin did none of these things. Nero was not cast alive into the Lake of Fire. You have no Scriptual basis or Historical evedience for your theory.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

Everyone should read Daniel chapters 10&11 It explains the vision that daniel had of the end times. That being said do some research on things that are happening in the world. Read newspaper articles, watch videos. You will find prophecies being fulfilled at an alarming rate. Please prepare your hearts and look toward the sky, Jesus' return is at the door. Arguments of who is right and who is wrong is not important, what is important is that each and everyone of us be prepared for his coming. If everyone just prepares their hearts and prepares for his coming, then his coming will not catch them off guard. Repent and turn from sin, pray feverantly, never ceasing that you may be ready when he returns.

We know however that the Beast was Rome, the last of Daniel's four beasts.

No, we don't.

Many have speculated that...but the jury is still out and there are other interpretations that are just as feasible. My current vote for "most likely" is a conglomeration of Islamic nations.

We know however that the Beast was Rome, the last of Daniel's four beasts.

No, we don't.

Many have speculated that...but the jury is still out and there are other interpretations that are just as feasible. My current vote for "most likely" is a conglomeration of Islamic nations.

Actually, we DO. The problem is we ignore it.

The Beast nation has to be a nation which those to whom Jesus spoke would see/experience. Remember back in Matthew, he blatantly told the Sanhedrin members that "this generation" would not pass until all the things he spoke of would be fulfilled. Again in Luke, he tells his listeners "When you see that which is spoken of by Daniel the prophet..."

Daniel describes Rome as a beast which destroys everything before it. The military might of Rome was unparalleled for its time. Roman legions rolled over every army they faced, even the vaunted Greeks. They may have lost battles, but they won wars.

The little horn description fits Nero to a tee. Did he make war against the saints and prevail? Absolutely. The fledgling church nearly met its end before it had a chance to begin during the persecution of Nero. Only the fact that God had greater plans kept the church from total and complete destruction.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

There is no antichrist. Period. I dare any of you to FIND him. Christian have been speculating for 2000 years just who this individual is, and every time, they come up empty. This is just one more false prophet trying to capitalize on out of context Biblical verses. Daniel 9:24-chapter end is fulfilled.

"The Anti-Christ" is a title used in christian theology to describe this person:

2 Thessalonians 2

New King James Version (NKJV)

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

I'm well aware of that Yod, however a case can be made that the man of sin is a category of people and not just a single person. A case could also be made that the man of sin could have been Nero. Nero certainly exalted himself above every other god or object of worship. His name also adds up to 666.

The problem I have with the idea of the singular antichrist dictator is that that Jesus never mentions this man, nor do any of the other apostles, and the context of John's letters indicate that he wasn't looking for a single person either, but a group of teachers who we later find out are the Gnostics.

In 2 Thessalonians 2 he is indeed called the son of perdition which does in fact point to one person

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I am amazed as to how BB can stand up to the rest of the whole population here and tell us how we ignore so much and how wrong "ALL" of us are. amazing indeed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

From what I've seen in the world in the past 40 years, it seems to me that the Freemasons are more concerned about rebuilding the temple than are Jews.

Guest shiloh357

In Christ

Montana Marv

That is the most laughable and sloppy approach to Scripture I have ever seen. You just arbitrarily make stuff up. Nero did not die of a head wound. The person depicted as dying from the head would was rased to life in three days. Nero didn't did come back from the dead, so you're wrong about that. From where do you derive the noation that hte false prophet was the Sanhedrin???? I would love to see you prove that from Scripture.