IGNORED

Do Christians still have demons in them?

L10

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I think of this often and wonder about the over inclination to blame the supernatural for what might just be our own nature.  If I look at my own humanity and desires the devil could leave me alone and eventually i would do everything That the devils nature is by my own sinful desires.  The nature of the devil is my own weakness and desire to sin.  If I am not close to God the devil has not got to do anything to make me stumble and be led into temptation. Its really  hard to discern what demons are up to because you cant see them but I am very suspicious though there may not be one in every corner of the house all the time. I dont think its right for us to live in fear or attribute everything we do wrong to the supernatural.

There are powers and entities in the world, the purpose of which is to destroy and consume that which is dead or dying.   We see it in name when we look at carrion birds, worms and maggots.  It isn't pretty and it isn't nice, but they serve to cleanse the world of filth.

I'm not exaggerating one iota when I say that fallen angels serve a similar purpose.   Can any of them for one moment foil the designs and plans and righteousness of God?

Yet men partner with them on a daily basis.  We even see fools worship these spiritual carnivors.   Their purpose is to destroy and to lie, cheat and steal.  It is not the purpose of God to allow wickedness to prosper and so the demons enter in to destroy that which sinners pile up for themselves.

And it is true also that those who are named in Christ should suffer the pains of spiritual assault as well.   Judgment begins in the house of God and no Christian is exempt from the assaults of the devil and the world.   The entire nation of Hebrews were saved out of Egypt, but they were no sooner set free then they began to wail and scream and demonstrate to be returned to slavery.   But God would not.   Instead the whole crowd died in the desert, never seeing the land promised to them.

The question that should be asked and answered is NOT whether demons can possess a Christian body, but what the nature of salvation and sanctification might be instead.

Few know the correct answer - saying only that church membership seals them against demons.   A church membership card is not fireproof, neither is it warranty against demonic effect upon the saved.

Bottom line is that if you are saved, you should act like it.   If you entertain sin and flirt with sin, you will surely and certainly find yourself manipulated unto destruction by demons.    It hurts you to kick against the goads....and the hurt is delivered by the carrion birds of the kingdom of fallen angels..

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If saved, can't have demons.

Edited by Trinitron

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

This is an old topic on this forum. There is a considerable amount of literature on the topic (eg, the many books by the late Kurt Koch).Despite the frequently heard argument that God and Satan, light and darkness, cannot occupy the same space this flies in the face of experience.  Most of the people who receive exorcisms are already Christians. Someone who is not saved or does not become saved at around the time of the time of exorcism is in danger of reinfestation. Demons will try to come back. There is also debate about whether they are inside, around the person (perhaps infesting a house or an object) or some combination of the two. Becoming a Christian does not necessarily free you from demonic possession or oppression as they must be expelled, nor do they always go easily as some are more powerful then others and there can be multiple demons infesting a person. A person must live a holy and committed life after exorcism to avoid giving ground to reinfestation. Carlos Oliveira can be googled by anyone seeking exorcism as he has many internet videos that can be used for exorcism and he can also individualize one or do an exorcism by phone.

Edited by submission

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Trinitron....

Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck; of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme (I Tim. 1:19-20)

So,why can't they

If saved, can't have demons.                                                                                                                                              posted by Trinitron

I do think ultimate possession is not very likely but oppression is .........although

Mark 8:33-35New International Version (NIV)

33 But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. “Get behind me, Satan!” he said. “You do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

all i'm trying to say is that you cant find scripture to support a believer can be possessed. i've never came across a verse that tells of a christian casting out a demon from another fellow believer.

The root of this discussion has nothing to do with whether or not demons can occupy the body and mind of a Christian.  

It has everything to do with two issues;

1) Inadequate understanding of the nature of the second birth.

2) Consequences of flirtation with sin.

Understand the above two issues and you'll begin, just begin, to understand the nature of spiritual warfare.   Until and unless you do, dear reader, you will wander in the desert of misunderstanding for the rest of your natural life.

However, since scripture has been requested, scripture will be provided.  

I am, however, under no illusions that such provision will accomplish anything at all.

Too many illiterates think they know too much.

Jesus and the disciples went about doing many good things.  One of those good things was to cast out unclean spirits.  There are a lot of references to this, so I'll simply invite the reader to do his or her own homework.   Just read one of the gospels, that ought to do.   And please don't insult scripture by claiming that the folks that were freed from unclean spirits weren't Christian and that therefore the argument is void.   Really?   Something is going on here that you need to pay attention to. 

Further on, Paul describes an event when the church is admonished to actually pray for satanic destruction of a man's life, so that the man could be spiritually saved.

1 Corinthians 5:5

In another passage, Paul admits to being possessed/oppressed by a demon so as to keep him humble in mind and spirit.  ( 2 Cor. 12:7)

That's Paul, boys and girls, a pretty good Christian if ever there was one.

At this point some bright light will argue the difference between spiritual oppression and spiritual possession.  Really?  

Let me tell you the truth.  If you suffer from such a thing THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

There is also a common remedy.  Stop flirting with sin!  The root cause of most of this sort of suffering is that the demonic influences are actually being invited into the life and body and mind of the Christian BY the Christian.   The mechanism of this is simple and is described quite fully in Genesis 3.

Do not be deluded.  You cannot recite prayers or scripture verses and expect demonic influence to flee in terror before you.   Victory over the power of sin comes ONLY from righteous living in the body, in the mind and in the spirit.   You cannot even entertain sin in your dreams at night.  

ALL THOUGHTS MUST BE TAKEN CAPTIVE FOR CHRIST.

Purge the sin and mean it - or you may find yourself suffering the effects of sin for the rest of your natural life.

DO NOT GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT.

That means don't sin and don't insult the spirit of grace with cheap mind games.  It doesn't work, pilgrim.

You want a scripture reference for that, look it up yourself.   Flirtation with sin is extremely dangerous.  

If God gets involved with it THERE WILL BE PERMANENT REPERCUSSIONS.   Do NOT play games with sin or God.  You will lose every time.

God's word says that judgment begins in the house of God.  Do you think its a joke?  Get straight!

Remember one important thing, pilgrim......

NOBODY GOES BACK TO EGYPT.   EVER.

You WILL either go forward with Christ, or you will die in the desert with demons eating your mind and your guts out.  

Those are your only real choices.

Flirt with sin, Christian, AND YOU WILL PAY A PRICE.  For real !!!!

The days of childish games are over.  Get right with God and discover the true power of religion - or don't and discover you are demon bait. 

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings L10

I am very curious,,,,,are you still here L10?If not then I really don't feel the need to contribute to this discussion,my concerns were for you & your co-worker ,,,,,,not debating with anyne as to whether or not a person that claims to be a Christian can be possessed...............there is so much more to say that could help to  encourage you  ,extol you &* build you up.......giving all glory to God!                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

This thread is closed. The OP have not been around for about 10 months and the question has been answered many times.