nebula

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

To me: it shouldn't matter if people are straight or gay. Let them both get married, even if people are of the same sex. If they love each other and are totally committed to each other, then why does it matter? I mean, it's not harmful to the community anyway (and don't use the argument that because they can't reproduce, then they should not get married). Denying marriage to same sex couples is discrimination. Now, granted you all might now believe in allowing same sex marriage, which is fine, I mean, all of our views should be respected, but could you all please respect my views on this? Just like could you please accept gays for whom they are. Now, you could not, or you could, which is fine to me, as in America, we have the first amendment (just as long as you don't trample others rights).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

To me: it shouldn't matter if people are straight or gay. Let them both get married, even if people are of the same sex. If they love each other and are totally committed to each other, then why does it matter? I mean, it's not harmful to the community anyway (and don't use the argument that because they can't reproduce, then they should not get married). Denying marriage to same sex couples is discrimination. Now, granted you all might now believe in allowing same sex marriage, which is fine, I mean, all of our views should be respected, but could you all please respect my views on this? Just like could you please accept gays for whom they are. Now, you could not, or you could, which is fine to me, as in America, we have the first amendment (just as long as you don't trample others rights).

Worthy is a Christian Ministry site which is founded on the Word of God, the bible and the scripture it contains.

Who is the Lord Jesus Christ to you, and what does His written Word mean to you?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

bestrfcplayer,

The Bible says "there is a way that seems right to a man, but the end there of is the way of death". I want to add something I came up with a long time ago before I read the Bible. There is an order to things, and to deny that order is to invite insanity.

Just listen to our young people today. I do. I show them respect and I let them talk to me. They are confused, and they are confused about all sorts of things. But the worst parts are they are confused about who they are, what is expected of them, and what should they do. This is the insanity that comes from denying the order of things. Such as marriage is something meant to be only for a man and woman. And sex is something meant to be done only between a husband and wife. Our society has been denying this at least 40 years and today our young people are more mixed up than ever. And I'll admit my generation had a lot to do with it. But this is one reason God created these rules for us to follow. He also created us, and He knew what would help us to live good lives. Maybe not always happy go lucky lives, but good lives where each person knew what he or she could count on. We all suffer hard times in this life. When we do we need to feel emotional security. Today that's all but lost. People run to doctors who give them antidepressants, and anti anger pills, and pills to calm down, to sleep, and all sorts of other things. But not so long ago this wasn't necessary. People spoke with family and friends, and worked out their emotional issues.

I doubt I convinced you. In all likelihood gay unions will become legal. And 50 years from now you will see how much worse things are.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

What I'm trying to get at to you guys is: you can be Christian and be pro-gay. Now, I respect your views and all, but how exactly is gay marriage bad? They are just like us, and if they love a person who happens to be of the same sex, then they should marry. And how exactly will it do harm to the United States? In other countries where gay marriage is legal, it did not affect the countries negatively.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

What I'm trying to get at to you guys is: you can be Christian and be pro-gay. Now, I respect your views and all, but how exactly is gay marriage bad? They are just like us, and if they love a person who happens to be of the same sex, then they should marry. And how exactly will it do harm to the United States? In other countries where gay marriage is legal, it did not affect the countries negatively.

Romans 1. Have you read it? Curious.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Worthy is a Christian Ministry site which is founded on the Word of God, the bible and the scripture it contains.

Who is the Lord Jesus Christ to you, and what does His written Word mean to you?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

You can't be a Christian and be pro gay because God says homosexuality is a sin. And loving the other person doesn't make it right. The 2 gay people can be friends, but that's all they can do. I mean this is assuming some people are born with an inheritable gayness. I'm not convinced of that, but if it was true the 2 people can be friends, but that's all.

I can see where you might think this is OK. The Bible is God's rule book to us. It tells us how to reach Heaven, and what is right and what is wrong. People have been disregarding what they don't like for decades now. Maybe longer. But it doesn't make it right.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What I'm trying to get at to you guys is: you can be Christian and be pro-gay.

While Jesus did accept sinners where they were at, He never supported their "right" to sin.

To the prostitute and the woman caught in adultery, He said, "Go, and sin no more."

When Zacheus repented of his greed, Jesus commended Him.

The same applies here.

Oh How One Must Hate The Homosexuals

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:32

To Desire They Sin To The

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Who will render to every man according to his deeds: Romans 2:1-6

Bitter End

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 2:7-11

~

Believe

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

And Be Blessed Beloved

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. 1 John 5:18

Love, Joe

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Jesus loved the sinner, but not the sin. Sin is not acceptable with God, no matter what man wants or think is right. This is what we are trying to get across to you. He is very specific with what is and is not acceptable.