• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/23/1988

In MY opinion....

I don't think the STATE should regulate consenting adults in terms of where they live, with whom they have sex (again, assuming CONSENTING ADULTS) or with whom they may own property, etc. POLITICALLY, I have nothing against what is commonly known as "civil unions" - what legally is a "personal partnarship" - where LEGALLY and ECONOMICALLY - the result is the same as being married.

ONE of the things that bothers me about same-sex "marriage" is that it's not. There IS some historic, cultural basis for polygamy, but virtually none for two same-sex persons, for that being regarded specifically as MARRIAGE. Frankly, I'm not sure why "marriage" is any of the governments' business anyway - for thousands of years, in every culture ever in existence, this was a FAMIILIAL and often RELIGIOUS issue, families (often the parents) and the religion of the people were the issues. I think it might be better to return it to that. Why should the government be involved in religious issues like this, anyway? It CAN and SHOULD regulate LEGAL and ECONOMIC behaviors, covenants, contracts, partnerships - not religion or society. And it certainly should not just entirely REDEFINE a precious word and institution that is THOUSANDS of years older than any government in existence today, an institution that is global not just in that jurisdiction.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

In MY opinion....

I don't think the STATE should regulate consenting adults in terms of where they live, with whom they have sex (again, assuming CONSENTING ADULTS) or with whom they may own property, etc. POLITICALLY, I have nothing against what is commonly known as "civil unions" - what legally is a "personal partnarship" - where LEGALLY and ECONOMICALLY - the result is the same as being married.

ONE of the things that bothers me about same-sex "marriage" is that it's not. There IS some historic, cultural basis for polygamy, but virtually none for two same-sex persons, for that being regarded specifically as MARRIAGE. Frankly, I'm not sure why "marriage" is any of the governments' business anyway - for thousands of years, in every culture ever in existence, this was a FAMIILIAL and often RELIGIOUS issue, families (often the parents) and the religion of the people were the issues. I think it might be better to return it to that. Why should the government be involved in religious issues like this, anyway? It CAN and SHOULD regulate LEGAL and ECONOMIC behaviors, covenants, contracts, partnerships - not religion or society. And it certainly should not just entirely REDEFINE a precious word and institution that is THOUSANDS of years older than any government in existence today, an institution that is global not just in that jurisdiction.

Josiah, the government doesn't regulate anything other than religious matters. Once we understand that, we can see much clearer about their purpose.

.... What I'm trying to get at to you guys is: you can be Christian and be pro-gay....

Pro-Gay

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:32

Is Pro-Sin

But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; 2 Peter 2:12

Is Pro-Hell

While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. 2 Peter 2:19-22

Now Who Do You Think

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

Wants To See Gay Folk In Hell?

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44

And Just Who Would You Think Wants To See

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

The Salvation Of These Same Dear Folk?

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. John 8:10-11

~

Believe

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

And Be Blessed Beloved

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Love, Joe

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

But we know that adultery is a sin because it destroys the family. Homosexuality does not.

You are really confused, and that is what happens when we don't follow, or for that matter, bother to read scripture. We end up making our own doctrine out of stuff that makes us feel good. That is dangerous.

Family, in the scriptural sense is man married to woman, children, elders, etc. Homosexual unions don't destroy the family, because in this case no family exists in the first place.

What the gay movement is attempting to do is to obliterate the true family to gain their end.

No worries, God will never allow it.

Please start reading a bible.

I had started reading the Bible (on Gen:3 now) and ill continue reading (took a break due to spring break). But there is a family when two homosexual people get married. And besides, if it is proven by science that people are born homosexual, then shouldn't you guys stop giving them <<< a hard time >>> and stop caring about their lives?

Edited by GoldenEagle
<<< Removed profanity please follow the ToS. >>>

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

But we know that adultery is a sin because it destroys the family. Homosexuality does not.

You are really confused, and that is what happens when we don't follow, or for that matter, bother to read scripture. We end up making our own doctrine out of stuff that makes us feel good. That is dangerous.

Family, in the scriptural sense is man married to woman, children, elders, etc. Homosexual unions don't destroy the family, because in this case no family exists in the first place.

What the gay movement is attempting to do is to obliterate the true family to gain their end.

No worries, God will never allow it.

Please start reading a bible.

I had started reading the Bible (on Gen:3 now) and ill continue reading (took a break due to spring break). But there is a family when two homosexual people get married. And besides, if it is proven by science that people are born homosexual, then shouldn't you guys stop giving them <<< a hard time >>> and stop caring about their lives?

I love the book of Genesis. :thumbsup: Might I suggest skipping to the book of John first?

Homosexual sin is forbidden in the Old Testament but also the New Testament in multiple contexts. Here’s a good explanation of the NT passages regarding homosexuality.

That said who said we don't care about homosexuals? I have homosexual friends. I love them where they're at in life but I do not approve of their lifestyle. I don't go around telling them every time I see them that their life style is contrary to God's plan for their lives... Yet homosexuality is no worse than any other sin: idolatry, gluttony, lying, cheating, fornication, adultery, etc.

Is it really proven by science that people are born with homosexual tendencies?

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Specifically to your conerns BestRFC regarding homosexuality...

Matthew 19:1-8 — Did Jesus say anything about homosexuality? Of course, when asked about marriage, Jesus issued a sweeping condemnation of all sexual relationships outside of the male/female model established in Gen 1:27, which he specifically cited.

Romans 1:18-32 —Though most of the passages deal with the male perspective, for the first time there is a specific mention of female homosexuality. And as the verdict comes in, we discover it too is a depraved condition brought on by a sinful nature.

1Cor 6:9-11—The only passage of scripture that clearly acknowledges former (ex) homosexuals in the church. They are listed along with other ex-sinners who have been changed by the power of Christ. It is certain that Pastor Paul knew there were former homosexuals in his local church and he celebrated their freedom in Christ Jesus. With a completely different tone in comparison to the volume of harsh, negative reaction to the unrepentant homosexuality, scripture here ends with the tremendous hope and goodness of God.

Galatians 5:19 — Many areas that the apostle traveled to take the gospel indeed were very accepting of homosexual practices, yet he did not back away from communicating the sinfulness of such practice. Corinth, Ephesus and Rome as well as other major cities of the ancient world, were all too often cesspools of all forms of sexual immorality. Undeterred, Paul drew from sources familiar to him and forged them with New testament teachings of God’s grace to forgive and cleanse. In the letter to the Galatians, he teaches that the “works [not plurality] of the flesh are manifest. The flesh or sinful human nature is always considered and enemy to God.

Ephesians 5:3-7— Paul repeats his warnings against “uncleaness” to the church at Ephesus.

Colossians 3:5-7 — Paul issues his third warning against “uncleanness” to the church at Colossae. This time he adds instructions on overcoming/controlling the sin. Believers are to mortify or deaden themselves and exercise self control (a fruit of the Spirit) over such actions. Homosexuals claim that denying the free expression of homosexuality is "suppressing one's true self", but scripture clearly instructs that we are hold our bodies in check and refuse it participation in sexual immorality. This passage further emphasizes that no one should expect to escape the “wrath of God” except they repent.

1 Tim 1:10— the law was not made for the righteous, but for the “lawless and disobedient.” The law (of Moses) encompassed the ceremonial, judicial and moral components of human interaction. Christ neutralized the ceremonial aspects but upheld the judicial and moral aspects, tendered with grace and mercy. Hence, homosexuality remains a sin "worthy of death" but yet qualified for forgiveness through repentance. The phrase Paul uses “defiling themselves with mankind” is another link of homosexual behavior to disobedience and incompatible to sound or acceptable Christian doctrine.

Titus 1:16 — This is an aggressive attack and exposure of the psychosis of those who are “defiled” and commit “abominations". Again, let us identify the source of the Apostle Paul’s strong condemnation. When one accepts what God has pronounced abominable (by God’s own definition) and rejects the created model which God has pronounced good, a process of hardening and mental perversion begins to take root in the mind. Such is the danger of justifying sin. Sin corrupts the mind and conscience (the seat of individual integrity and morality) rendering it incapable of making spiritually sound decisions.

Jude 1:4,7,19— Jude forcefully revealed that like the Sodomites, certain men in the church had gone after “strange flesh.” I believed Jude was describing contemporary "gay Christians". His choice of phraseology is a combination of two words: heteros and sarx meaning “another flesh with the same quality.” His inclusion of the word flesh pointed to the homosexuality (not the inhospitality) of the Sodomites. Similar to the Apostle Paul, Jude selected strong language to convey the serious of the charge facing the church. Allowing unrepentant homosexuals into Christian fellowship without applying the same standards of admission applied to other sinners would be a spiritual death nell for the church. Repentance is the major action a sinner must take to be accepted into the family of God.

Rev 21:27—The final book of the Bible, finalizing a complete picture stunning denouncements of all forms of homosexual conduct. From Genesis to Revelation, the Word of God firmly establishes once and for all the sinfulness of homosexuality, but also provides a wide opportunity for repentance and redemption through Jesus Christ. Homosexuality, as seen through the eyes of scripture is a spiritual aberration, a result of the fallen nature of man, a disease of the soul. It produces nothing life giving, in essence opposite of the nature of God who is life. Therefore it “worked” or produces abomination which is death.

See: http://www.witnessfo...org/homont.html

Thoughts on these passages BestRFC?

God bless,

GE

[

I had started reading the Bible (on Gen:3 now) and I'll continue reading (took a break due to spring break). But there is a family when two homosexual people get married. And besides, if it is proven by science that people are born homosexual, then shouldn't you guys stop giving them <<< a hard time >>> and stop caring about their lives?

If You Care

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

Really Care

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Love Them

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Truthfully

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/10/1968

I just heard of a book called the PINK SWASTICA, that proves beyond any doubt (in my mind) that the whole nazi party was a homosexual cult. It really amazed me and help me to understand the evil that was at the core of that group. P.S. I hope I have not broken any rules with this post?

Upon the rise of Adolf Hitler, gay men and, to a lesser extent, lesbians, were two of the numerous groups targeted by the Nazi Party and were ultimately among Holocaust victims. Beginning in 1933, gay organizations were banned, scholarly books about homosexuality, and sexuality in general, were burned, and homosexuals within the Nazi Party itself were murdered. The Gestapo compiled lists of homosexuals, who were compelled to sexually conform to the "German norm."

Between 1933 and 1945, an estimated 100,000 men were arrested as homosexuals, of whom some 50,000 were officially sentenced. Most of these men served time in regular prisons, and an estimated 5,000 to 15,000 of those sentenced were incarcerated in Nazi concentration camps. It is unclear how many of the 5,000 to 15,000 eventually perished in the camps, but leading scholar Rüdiger Lautmann believes that the death rate of homosexuals in concentration camps may have been as high as 60%. Homosexuals in the camps were treated in an unusually cruel manner by their captors.

After the war, the treatment of homosexuals in concentration camps went unacknowledged by most countries, and some men were even re-arrested and imprisoned based on evidence found during the Nazi years. It was not until the 1980s that governments began to acknowledge this episode, and not until 2002 that the German government apologized to the gay community. This period still provokes controversy, however. In 2005, the European Parliament adopted a resolution on the Holocaust which included the persecution of homosexuals. http://en.wikipedia....d_the_Holocaust

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

My interpretation from scripture is that homosexual relations are wrong and that's it, just as telling lies is wrong, stealing is wrong and so on.

I dont make a big deal out of it. I don't wish to persecute homosexuals or hate them in any way.

Homosexual marriage is a different thing altogether, because it is a declaration by society that homosexual activity is not wrong after all.

Homosexuality was legalised - fine, I can live with that. If a man cheats on his wife, he isn't arrested and sent to prison, so why should he be arrested and be sent to prison for engaging in a homosexual act, which in essence is just another form of adultery?

But gay marriage spells out the wrong message, because it is society's acceptance of the sin. It is a way of telling society that homosexuality is no longer a sin, therefore it is undermining God's word. To me however, it is no worse than teaching homosexuality in school sex education classes. I'm quite happy for children to be made aware of homosexuality as long as it is taught as being a 'psychological disorder' or something along those lines. Unfortunately it is now being taught as something that is completely natural and just another 'normal' variation of human activity. This is where society has gone wrong and one of the many signs that we are abandoning God.