• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Recently I read this study, on Psalm 1, and Pslam 150,

Started by, ayin jade

and

Since my interests,and desire to learn is not limited to just 1 psalm, I had been hoping to go on to other psalms, and discuss the entire Book of Psalms, how ever some people do not like that idea, any way, it was suggested to start the topic here, so I have done so,.

To see where this started, follow the above links. Hopefully please keep comments and questions ,related to the current Psalm, I hope we can go onto a new Psalm, or 2 or 3 ,each week,

A important thing about Psalms, is they all , allways have the effect of, lifting me up, when I am down, afraid or discouraged, (like right now), Reading PSALMS always lifts my spirit up, gives me hope,courage, and faith.

from Garry

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0

These are my first replies or posts, that I had put in the "discussion",

My posts

This is my first time looking at the bible studies, the book of Psalms is probably one of my favorite books, Isaiah,and Proverbs also.

Just the other night, after a very long time not reading the Bible, I had starting going thru Psalms, on my own, Anyway, hoping to see more, IE: Psalm 2,3, and so on, I think taking them one by one would be nice. Thank you for taking the time to do this,

To start I am using

BibleTime 2.5

BibleTime is an easy to use but powerful Bible study tool.

We are looking for developers and translators. If you would like to join our team, please send an email to info@bibletime.info.

©1999-2009, The BibleTime Team

http://www.bibletime.info

For Linux, it is based on the King James version of the bible, there are also many "Bible" programs for windows I am sure every one knows.

This is Psalm 2:

PSALM 2.

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? * * 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. * 6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. * * 7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. * 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. 10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. 11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? *

So many times, when I have visited a church, especially "evangilical",or some "cult", and the preacher or pastour himself, gets into a "rage" jumping up and down, carrying on,screaming, stamping his feet, etc. It makes me want to ask them if they have ever read this, ...

Any way, the true WORD of God, reveals the truth, to me, so I usually just remain silent, and polite. But don't return to that "church", if it is led by someone that "rages", to me that is a sign of being "heathen". God speaks to me in a peaceful,quite ,still voice,

This was on PSALM 3,

Here is Psalm 3:

Not a very long one, I don't have any comments, but perhaps someone else will ?

PSALM 3.

A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.

1 Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. 2 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. 3 But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. * 4 I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. 5 I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me. 6 I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. 7 Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly. 8 Salvation belongeth unto the Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

I do think, that one should also read in

I Samuel 17:12

12 ¶Now David was the son of that Ephrathite of Beth–lehem–judah, whose name was Jesse; and he had eight sons: and the man went among men for an old man in the days of Saul.

all they can about David, and some of the events that take place, referred to in Psalms.

from Garry

The earliest mention of David I find is in:

Ruth 4:17:

And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.

Ruth 4:22:

And Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David.

I Samuel 16:13:

Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

This is all very interesting, to me , I hope others find it "enlightening" or interesting.

-----

So we see from the previous, when the spirit of the Lord, comes upon David,..what follows is of interest.

14 ¶But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him. * 15 And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee. 16 Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well. 17 And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring him to me. 18 Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Beth–lehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the Lord is with him. * 19 ¶Wherefore Saul sent messengers unto Jesse, and said, Send me David thy son, which is with the sheep. 20 And Jesse took an ass laden with bread, and a bottle of wine, and a kid, and sent them by David his son unto Saul. 21 And David came to Saul, and stood before him: and he loved him greatly; and he became his armourbearer. 22 And Saul sent to Jesse, saying, Let David, I pray thee, stand before me; for he hath found favour in my sight. 23 And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.

If one reads this carefully, and to me this explains, indeed, to this day, The Songs, and music of David, have the same affect, not just on Saul, but me too, and I believe any one else, that takes the time to read ,"listen" to these "songs" (PSALMS)

------------

Another interesting thing,

23 And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul,
This implies, that the "evil spirit" also came from God, yes indeed, God is the creator of ALL things, both Good and evil,..HOLY HOLY HOLY, is Our LORD,...

PSALM 4.

To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm of David.

1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. * * 2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah. 3 But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him. 4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah. 5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord. 6 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us. 7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased. 8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

So for now, that is all I have, being that it is Sunday, now, I am just going to continue reading the Bible, and resting, Monday, tomorow, I go back to work.

Glory be to GOD!

--------------

I had included a little about David ,starting back with SAMUEL, that would be a different topic though, some of the history.

from Garry

Edited by OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is Psalm 2:

PSALM 2.

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? * * 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. * 6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. * * 7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. * 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. 10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. 11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? *

So many times, when I have visited a church, especially "evangilical",or some "cult", and the preacher or pastour himself, gets into a "rage" jumping up and down, carrying on,screaming, stamping his feet, etc. It makes me want to ask them if they have ever read this, ...

Any way, the true WORD of God, reveals the truth, to me, so I usually just remain silent, and polite. But don't return to that "church", if it is led by someone that "rages", to me that is a sign of being "heathen". God speaks to me in a peaceful,quite ,still voice,

This is a very odd interpretation of Psalm 2. :huh:

Here is Psalm 5,

PSALM 5.

To the chief Musician upon Nehiloth, A Psalm of David.

1 Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. 2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. 3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. 4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. 5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. * 6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man. * 7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. * 8 Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face. * 9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue. * * * 10 Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee. * * 11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. * 12 For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield. *

All though I have certain Psalms, that are my "favorites" I really love the entire book, and never tire of reading them.

Be strong, in the LORD, and God bless you all

Well I don't know, I do know, when someone is screaming and shouting, stamping they're feet, some times even falling on the floor and rolling around, it appears to be a "rage", to me, like a 2 year old throwing a temper tamptran,

How ever, if you have other interpretations, that is what this thread is about,..But I stick with mine, when I see someone "rageing" , I walk away, peacfully, and pray for them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well I don't know, I do know, when someone is screaming and shouting, stamping they're feet, some times even falling on the floor and rolling around, it appears to be a "rage", to me, like a 2 year old throwing a temper tamptran,

How ever, if you have other interpretations, that is what this thread is about,..But I stick with mine, when I see someone "rageing" , I walk away, peacfully, and pray for them.

The context of the Psalm is about the nations raging against God, not about anyone having a rage fit.

Well I don't know, I do know, when someone is screaming and shouting, stamping they're feet, some times even falling on the floor and rolling around, it appears to be a "rage", to me, like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum,

However, if you have other interpretations, that is what this thread is about,..But I stick with mine, when I see someone "raging" , I walk away, peacefully, and pray for them.

Have You Ever Heard The World And The Islamic

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. Psalms 2:1-3

Raging Over Jesus And His Jerusalem

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Psalms 2:4-7

Think These Folk

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Psalms 2:8-9

Will Get No Satisfaction

Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little.

Blessed are all they that put their trust in him. Psalms 2:10-12

Me Too