joi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

In view of the times in which we live I am finding that staying where I need to be in Christ

is a bit of a struggle for me, and I am wondering if I am alone in this?

Now days I find it more of a struggle to pray as I should. I read my Bible and wish I were

getting more out of it than I am.

I am in a Bible study group and am interested in it and have loved that we have been viewing

video of the Feast's of the Lord. I have never really gotten into this subject much before so I

get a little absorbed in it. I love learning something new about our Lord on a regular basis, which

keeps me from getting bored and feeling as if I am not progressing.

I am not bored with our Lord, however. I look forward to being with Him and hope it is soon.

• 3 weeks later...

In view of the times in which we live I am finding that staying where I need to be in Christ is a bit of a struggle for me, and I am wondering if I am alone in this?

Amen~!

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

And The Struggles

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Hebrews 12:4

Continue

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Quench not the Spirit.

Despise not prophesyings.

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:15-24

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

In view of the times in which we live I am finding that staying where I need to be in Christ

From my personal experience I would have to say no you aren't alone.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Joi, you are not alone. satan's aim is to stop God's people from praying and reading the Word, and unfortunately, we make it rather easy for him to succeed when we allow our circumstances and situations, our feelings and our priorities to get in the way. We often get so busy doing everything else, that when its time to pray or spend time with the Lord, we fall asleep, or we have no energy left, etc. And just as we will starve if we do not feed ourselves physically, we also will starve when we do not feed ourselves spiritually; and then we experience what seems like a distant relationship with the Lord.

God wants us to be excited over Him. I have found that when I thirst for the Word and for time with God, and I diligently go after study of the Word, mostly in my private devotions and spend quality time loving and fellowshiping with the Lord, I have no problem of being in that place in Christ where I should be. I happily rest confidently in Him. But when I begin to get bogged down with the responsibilities of my job, and personal circumstances, commitments and other situations, then I use all my energy and become very tired especially when I should be in the Word - and it always seems so easy to sacrifice fellowship and quality time with God, and to say that God knows that we love Him, and God understands, etc....

So, yes, you are right, and we have probably all at various times experienced the struggles. But (back to first love) if we love the Lord with all our heart, soul and mind (everything that is within us) if we stay excited with and in Jesus, our love and excitement will propel us into His word and prayer and fellowship with Him. I suppose it is a discipline that each of us have to decide to cultivate / practice. And we know that practice makes permanent.

Joi, .....again...from today, together with you, I am making a commitment to practice personal fellowship and communion with an excited spirit of expectation with my Lord. I am not going to let anything come between me and God. And I pledge to make sure that my relationship with God is alive and active. If you will make this pledge as well, then you will soon find yourself again, in the place where you need to be in Christ.

God bless you and continue to keep all that you have committed unto Him. In Christ.

• 7 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 9/17/2012 at 3:01 AM, joi said:

If the virus is bringing you down you might need to be concerned, because these things will come and go, but remaining in faith is what is most important. I am not finding this virus a problem i love the fact that i can do my business and still get paid from my work on furlough. I have communicated with many people and i love doing this. The virus has got nothing on me.