Miss Agapelove

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The rapture is merely being taken up. It coincides with the second coming, it is not a separate event. This a modern western doctrine that tries to avoid persecution. Christ did not promise to take us out of the world, but to be with us. Rapture is when He returns (sends out angels as harvesters, one taken, one left etc.). We go up to meet Him in the clouds, then the wrath of God is poured out (seven bowls). The seven bowls of wrath are after the tribulation. Persecution is a part of the Godly walk. I believe the 'many will fall away from the faith" is due to the belief is pre-trib rapture - when it doesn't happen and we'll be persecuted to the "point of death"

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I read in the Bible that the tares will be gathered by the 4 angels and burnt, then the wheat will be gathered.

"Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.'"

Matthew 13:30

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I have pretty much always held to all the same beliefs as you state here....except for one...

When you say the rapture will be secret and instant.

What leads you to believe it will be secret? Wouldn't such a thing be instantly noticeable by the rest of the world?

hello my Friend, to your last question have you not consider a world war 3 that could be a time where God could take Out His people His Church, His Bride. and people left could believe that they were gone due to the war, and then there are these scriptures that you would have to consider, seeing that it does say that we must live by every word!

2Th 2:11

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Weeds & wheat, one of my go to sayings now :) I believe that it`s more similar with the sheep & goats judgment because they`re also thrown into the fire (aka hell). The passage I mentioned is clear about the people been taken away.