• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The video I saw -

Go to YouTube and search "Manpon"

(I kid you not, that's what they called it!)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,084
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

A lot of people eat bear meat here, and I haven't heard anybody's dead. We have more bears here than we know what to do with, thanks to all those tree hugging animal loving activists. The run the streets here with the kids...I kid you not. And we aren't allowed to shoot them. We are only allowed to hunt them once a year, in the fall. And yes, if you run into one you do slowly back away, but don't turn your back. Most times they aren't interested in you anyway, but they will stalk your home and try to break in if your cooking smells good:)

I worry more about the wolves here, I hear them out back taking down prey often, and it is a pretty erie thing to witness.

As far as the end of the world, well, they have been predicting all kinds of things since the internet was invented, and even before. I stopped paying attention a long time ago. War is something I would worry about these days though...a lot of unease out there. Could I survive an apocolypse? Well, around here we were born bush babies, hunting fishing and picking berries and knowing what you can eat is almost second nature to most. There are many who would die, simply because they would panic and just start running to nowhere without a plan. Everybody seems to have this notion that they would just start walking "north" to the wilderness. For most of them that would be the biggest mistake they could ever make. I tell my kids "if anything ever happens you just start walking here...and by the time you get here we will have a plan" Because the plan obviously depends greatly on what is going on.

I would think wolves are a lot more dangerous than bears.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Did anyone take the short quiz? I did.....and failed MISERABLY! Also, did anyone watch the show last night?

I did well on it. I disagree with their order of survival tasks, but then I live in the desert where you need to find water first before anything other than tending to injuries.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Could you survive the end of the world?

Phl 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Gary

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Did anyone take the short quiz? I did.....and failed MISERABLY! Also, did anyone watch the show last night?

I did well on it. I disagree with their order of survival tasks, but then I live in the desert where you need to find water first before anything other than tending to injuries.

I completely agree with you on the water thing. You can live without food for many days, but water is essential to keeping up ones strength. Not only that, you better hope there is water nearby if you are going to spend all that time making a shelter. Water is pretty much first on my list too.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

And don't forget to wear a jump-suit and head bubble helmet ...(out of space type looking gear)... to protect yourself from the radiation.

And.....if you survive that you just need to outrun the zombies who will be looking for humans to eat. :o

Bingo ! ...MG....animals will be looking for food , too. :runforhills:

Or, of coarse having a gun and lots of ammunition ....will be necessary .

To kill those hungry beast .....they ain't getting none of me... ! I'll kill them and put them on my plate , first ! :P

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Surviving the end of the world? I won't survive it ... I don't think anyone will; there would be so many horrific obstacles - probable radioactivity for about 2500 - 3500 years.... I will be saved, but not to survive a planet which will probably be un-inhabitable for anything but roaches. I will be with Jesus in Heaven... the paradise promised by God. Blessings!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

HE will take care of me as He does now so no worries about any version of world endings.

Blessings

Interesting point about monkeys and baboons Fez. Don't have those here (wild) in the States, but good to know.

Depending on the situation, there just might be. Keep in mind that we're talking about an end of the world (or at least civilization being truly messed up) scenario here. Its possible that primates and other critters could escape from zoos or wildlife parks under those conditions. That could make life even more interesting in places like Texas where there are a lot of those parks.

As far as surviving . . . I think I'd rather not. I can live in the woods if I have to, but I like hot showers and some of the other benefits of civilization. :laugh: Being home with the Lord would be better -- but that's ultimately up to Him when I go anyway. :)

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The questions are kinda basic, but aimed at basic survival skills for being lost-they have nothing to do with the end of world. and some of the questions assumes the knowledge of the persons-like say the plants, to an experienced woodsmen, they are a good source of nutrients. As far as the plane crash goes-in the mountains, ya in most cases youd want to hang around, but I personally would not-I would find a creek and follow it downstream. I know how bad the weather can get up in the mountains, and I know that if I follow the creek I got A: water B: food (foods plentiful by creaks if you know what your looking for and how to get it) and C: creaks almost always, always lead to civilization at some point-campground, rancher, town, etc.

As far as shelter and water-I think a lot depends on the circumstances. In bad weather such as a blizzard, or about to get dark, yes shelter first. but if its the middle of the day, find water first, then find a good spot for the shelter up hill in a place you wont get flooded out in case of a flash flood. Just my two cents anyway, I think im smarter then this test.