• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I am a little confused. There is no mention in the statement of whether or not the rumor is true that The Winshape Foundation is or is not continuing to support the Family Research Council.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Probably going to get insulted because of this....so call me stupid or clueless if you want...but...

Why can a company not just do these things without having to be so vocal? This whole mess seeing as they did a complete flip flop seems to demonstrate they were in it for the publicity.

As someone told me when I mentioned this to him, why not concern themselves with what they should be doing...serving food? Not that they should not have voices but there are right and wrong ways to go about it...

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,146
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I believe this is the example Christ our Lord gave to us when He started His ministry....

fasted to the point of starvation and then:

- the greatest that could come against Him said save yourself in this life by eating...

-take for yourself in this life as all that is important...

-desire this life above all else...

It is NO to all above that life truly begins... and few there are that really find it!

The pure faith is to step out on the waters of life not with the eyes of flesh but

with vision formed from His Word in all we do and say. The true freedom is to

have that which was before sin and that which 'IS' after it is no more.The only

slavery is that which satan originated in his lie! For where can slavery exist in

that which has no begin or end? Love, Steven

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Once again our Leftist controlled press simply made up their story out of whole cloth.

Here is what Chik fil-e actually said:

Citizen Link, a Focus on the Family affiliate, reports that Chick-fil-A and its charitable giving arm, WinShape Foundation, have not agreed “to stop making donations to groups that support the biblical definition of marriage in exchange for being allowed to open a franchise in Chicago.”

“For many months now, Chick-fil-A’s corporate giving has been mischaracterized. And while our sincere intent has been to remain out of this political and social debate, events from Chicago this week have once again resulted in questions around our giving. For that reason, we want to provide some context and clarity around who we are, what we believe and our priorities in relation to corporate giving.

“A part of our corporate commitment is to be responsible stewards of all that God has entrusted to us. Because of this commitment, Chick-fil-A’s giving heritage is focused on programs that educate youth, strengthen families and enrich marriages, and support communities. We will continue to focus our giving in those areas. Our intent is not to support political or social agendas.

“As we have stated, the Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect—regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 restaurants run by independent owner/operators.

“For better understanding of our corporate giving, please click here to download the PDF document titled 'Chick-fil-A: Who We Are.'”

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Hmmm...seems like another demo of if you lie with sincerity you will be believed. Interesting lesson as I just read through from beginning

to end including links and what a roller coaster of emotion and opinion. I felt the same as I read through so I'm not reproving anyone.

I think it is an interesting commentary and I actually hope I remember it as future lesson for my own consideration

Remember, the devil is a liar and was so from the beginning. We need to believe in each other and do so in Christ. I am just as

ready as the next person to believe a lie if I don't keep focused on the One who does not lie. Seems it's a real mine field out there

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Looks to me like the original article was wrong-chic-fil-a hasnot backed down. Good for them.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,146
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Hmmm...seems like another demo of if you lie with sincerity you will be believed. Interesting lesson as I just read through from beginning

to end including links and what a roller coaster of emotion and opinion. I felt the same as I read through so I'm not reproving anyone.

I think it is an interesting commentary and I actually hope I remember it as future lesson for my own consideration

Remember, the devil is a liar and was so from the beginning. We need to believe in each other and do so in Christ. I am just as

ready as the next person to believe a lie if I don't keep focused on the One who does not lie. Seems it's a real mine field out there

liedetector_zpsc0b0da89.jpg

Probably going to get insulted because of this....so call me stupid or clueless if you want...but...

Why can a company not just do these things without having to be so vocal? This whole mess seeing as they did a complete flip flop seems to demonstrate they were in it for the publicity.

As someone told me when I mentioned this to him, why not concern themselves with what they should be doing...serving food? Not that they should not have voices but there are right and wrong ways to go about it...

No, no insults. However, I am wondering how you interpreted things this way.

Cathy's letter was private. It was the Moreno guy that ran to the media with a mischaracterized announcement of the letter's content.