gdemoss

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

An obedient reader of the New Testament is told to desire the gift of prophecy, that they might edify the church.

May God have mercy upon all,

Gary

Did you read anything I wrote? Let's work the issue from another direction. I'll quote scripture this time since that is relatively safe.

"Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?"

1 Corinthians 12:29

Let's review this line bit by bit.

Are all apostles? NO

Are all teachers? NO

Does everyone work miracles? NO

Are all prophets? NO

Do not seek after that which you do not have.

Rather be certain of and rejoice in those gifts which God has granted you FOR THE EDIFICATION OF THE CHURCH.

Prophecy is not a toy! Prophecy is not a plaything that is to be used for selfish gain. It is not a "look at me, look at me, see what I can do" sort of thing. Yet that is the very attitude in which it is sought.

If you have it, you will be told by others that you have it. If you don't have it, then polish and use the gifts which you do have. (You'll be told about them as well.)

You cannot make yourself a prophet, for that way lies deceit and frustration. God alone can make a prophet. The way of the prophet is not paved with gold and fine things. It is the way of suffering and ridicule and self-doubt. It is the way of God and not that of man.

Are we indeed told to seek the gift of prophecy? It is better that you should strike yourself on the head with a hammer - so as to drive some sense into the hard parts therein.

If you want it, God may in His mercy grant you a bit. But I guarantee from the start that you will not like it - not a little bit and not at all. Prophecy is a pill that goes down sweet but sours the belly. Read all about it in the Good Book. You can't have your cake and eat it too. That's a spiritual principle.

Learn this and learn it well, that one of the first lessons and hazards of the gift of prophecy is that few people will listen to what you say.

It is better to enjoy the little you have than to seek that which will cost you much. Because in the end - it is not for you.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by rjp34652

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Recently a friend of mine mentioned he has had people come up to him to tell him some "new" revelation.

He replied and said, "If it's new it's not true. New revelation? God's revelation is found in the Bible."

Yet Scriptures reveals that in the last days, God will pour out His Spirit on the sons and daughters and they shall prophesize. Was not Daniel told to seal up the revelations that He had heard until the last days, These revelations are revealed to who in the last days? Those who have the gift of prohesy. The Apostle John also was told to seal up information that he received until the last days. So why is it, if anyone at all (with this generation) comes saying they have received from God new revelations, which are not really new, but only are now being revealed to people, automattically dismiss any information if it is not in the Bible? What information is going to be revealed that Daniel sealed up? What information is going to be revealed that the Apostle John sealed up? If this information has already been revealed in the Word, then there would have been no need to seal it up then. This generation does greatly error in thinking there are no new prophesies beingrevealed by God today.

^i^

How easy it is to see within this frail attempt to remove the foundation of God from us= His Word! Closed canon of

Scripture my friend and your words are only true if they can be verified by God's Word as my whole being is resting upon!

Let me tell you about the spirit you are entertaining within it is gnostic and has been around since ancient times... It elevates

the holder to the point they think they are something when they are really just falsehood. Just think if you are the prophet

and God's truth is being put forth from you then it needs to written down and spread across the whole world... don't you

think the world is why Jesus speaks forth? Jn 3:16 As this is not being done what exactly are your words? Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Prophecy is the simple telling forth of the word. With spiritual insight and power attached. That, is why it is a gift.

There are NO MORE old testament prophets around because EVERY believer now has the Holy Spirit dwelling within.

Some deny Him, some want to use Him and some are ignorant that Jesus left this earth so that the Holy Spirit could descend.

What does the book of Acts tell us: but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth. Acts 1: 8

The Apostles and all in the upper room were changed when the Holy Spirit came upon them. The main reason we have the gifts

is to keep the focus on that which is of God yet so often, for varied and sinful and sometimes ignorant, reasons, the focus becomes

the person who supposedly has the gift

When that happens, it is no longer the Holy Spirit. Do not think that a gift cannot be abused because it can. It is up to each person

to steer their life in the light of God's word...in His light we see light....and the gifts are for the body and they are not a hardship.

If you think you are a prophet and you see this as a hardship, then something is wrong. You either have the wrong idea of what a prophet

is or you are not a prophet.

Listen: we all prophesy when we divide the word correctly and handle it as bread broken to be shared and the Holy Spirit as the life

within that units the believers spirits in our Lord Jesus Christ

God chooses but he does not burden. How can we apply the words of Jesus "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:29 if we see a gift as a burden. I wrote about this lightly yesterday and did not get a response.

Who are you (whoever you are) to discourage anyone who wishes to receive the truth ? No one should tell another not to pray for the very thing

that Paul says to pray for. This is an indignity and displays an incorrect teaching on prophecy as a gift as described in the list of gifts and presented in

the NT.

This confusion should not be. A prophet is no more or less than one who has a ministry of helps. I will guarantee you that a person who fancies

being a prophet and imagines it to be so burdensome that they warn others not to want it, has elevated them self over others and the lowly

person with a ministry of helps will be rewarded in God's economy and hear 'well done thou faithful servant' which is indeed reward enough

If anyone would like to actually have an intelligent, useful and Bible based discussion regarding what the gift of prophecy is, I am willing to

do so. I know what it is...I am not a prophet...but I also know what the other gifts are without being blessed with all of them.

Scripture does not contradict itself and I have seen such nonsense as to what a prophet is, that, IMO, the entire subject has become unsound

and unbiblical and the Bible needs to be forefront and center. Taking verses or even entire passages out of the Bible and using them as

proof text for belief is NOT sound. If you don't believe me, look around. What has been achieved here?

The current abuse of the gift of prophecy is (globally where that abuse occurs), in my estimation, to gain power over others and to seduce and to lead astray. This, is

done by people who are themselves already deceived by doctrines of demons (teaching spirits who are of the enemy)

Take to heart Jesus warnings...repeated warnings...that in the last days (and we have been in the last days for hundreds of years

so do not think I am foretelling anything here) deception will be so very bad that even the elect would be deceived if it were possible*

This is US Jesus is speaking to. Not the guy beside you or the guy who just got banned from the site. (generic ban)

* For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.

Mtt. 24:24

We do not need to know the hour or all mysteries. We already share in the greatest of all mysteries...as a part of the Body of Christ

Ask yourself: why do you want to be a prophet? Do you think you are? What is a prophet; do you know? If you don't even know,then why want to be one or partake of things you do not understand? If you just want to tell the future, buy a crystal ball.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

An obedient reader of the New Testament is told to desire the gift of prophecy, that they might edify the church.

May God have mercy upon all,

Gary

Did you read anything I wrote?

Yes, every word. I understand why you might write such as I did openly explain to another that I stopped reading their response. What you have written makes perfect sense to me. But it seems that you disagree with me that we are told to desire the gift. I understand that not all are prophets. I understand that it is a hard way to go. I understand that it isn't about the prophet. I understand the grief. But I understand that God said through Paul "desire spiritual gifts but rather that ye may prophesy." I see myself as an unprofitable servant who is only doing that which is my duty to do. I speak as I hear from that which I read. What else can a Christian do? I am told to desire the gifts. I covet them that I might edify my brethren. What is the big deal? Do I want to be treated poorly? Absolutely not. But Gods word guarantees it and especially warns of it when you are in the assembly with those who call themselves Christians. God is good. What I desire above and beyond all is simply to know, understand, posses and freely give love as God is love and love is of God. I do that. Daily.

God bless you while your hanging around yelling down from the choir loft :)

Gary

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/18/1976

Wow, what a discussion, I really have only had the chance to read only a few things, but I have the gift of prophesy and the Lord has had me personally in a wilderness season, but most who are called in the prophetic go through that season! The Lord himself did, kepp me in your prayers for I will overcome, not by might nor by power but by His Spirit.

Wow, what a discussion, I really have only had the chance to read only a few things, but I have the gift of prophesy and the Lord has had me personally in a wilderness season, but most who are called in the prophetic go through that season! The Lord himself did, kepp me in your prayers for I will overcome, not by might nor by power but by His Spirit.

Please share with us how you know that you have this gift and what you know about the gift that we may learn from you and take that which you share with us back to God in prayer and hold up to the light given in scripture.

Gary

Gary

I adopted the moniker because I was forbidden to preach. I was told I was too much of a loose cannon when I criticized heresy and blasphemy in church during the worship service. For example, it is wrong for two women to fondle and kiss one another during the worship service. Apparently it is more incorrect to point out this error than to approve of it. I am the RL (raving lunatic) who criticized this behavior.

Very often the greatest enemies a man will face are those of his own family and his own communion/church fellowship. Judgment, as well as prophecy, begins in the house of God. Therefore I holler from the back of the church - or the loft as the case may be.

Most of the prophets in the Bible, and many of the men I've met who were called to it, resisted the call. There is a natural reluctance to go that way - if indeed it is of God. Something in the heart of the man knows that this calling is severe if not one that leads to a fatal end. Even Jesus struggled with this reluctance. On the other hand, as I've tried to point out, the motivations for showmanship are often confused for spiritual direction even among the most dedicated persons. Are all called to be actors? That would be a big no as well.

God is not concerned about what great things we do, but rather that the smallest things set before us are done well.

It is the desire of young men to do great things. So be it. Know that in the doing of them obstacles will often be thrown in your path. Most people, professing Christians included, do not wish to hear and do the word of God despite their vehement statements otherwise (that too is a bit of acting for public benefit).

Finally, let me point out the error that has been stated elsewhere in this thread - that all Christians are called as ministers and prophets and teachers, etc. The scripture that has been used to justify the teaching - that all are equally endowed with spiritual gifts is interpreted wrongly. It is interpreted wrongly because at its heart is the motivation on the part of corrupt leadership to swell the numbers of membership rather than to increase the quality of discipleship among those in his trust. It is quality, not quantity that is of most interest to God.

The majority of men and women who participate in professional protestant ministry do so simply because its an attractive vocation, not because it's a high calling. I was personally reprimanded BY A BISHOP of one such denomination. He said, "why can't you understand this is just a job?"

"The parsons will dig their own graves. They will betray their God to us. They will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes. Protestant clergy donít believe in anything except their well-being and office".

- Adolph Hitler

The truth is that all the gifts have been given to the church - generally. But the truth also stands that God prepares those whom He desires for specific acts. He grooms the teacher for those who are to be taught. He prepares the financial person for the care of the church accounts. He prepares the medical person in the healing arts and He prepares the prophet for the message he is to deliver. It is simply this travesty of self-important performance masquerading as guidance, which I am most opposed to. And I know that I'm not alone. People are leaving the church in droves. They search for good leadership for a while and eventually give up. Church attendance records are dramatically down and protestantism is committing suicide simply because the leadership believes that 'prophecy' is everybody's gift and anybody's pulpit.

Far too often I have sat in the congregation and listened to some self-important boob hold forth in the delivery of some thin lines badly delivered - enjoying the spotlight and the captive audience while contributing absolutely nothing to the edification of the Body of Christ.

If you believe yourself to have the gifts of prophecy you will do well to examine the motivation. If it is of God it will withstand the examination. If it is of man, it will disappear like tears in the rain.

Let me ask you a question. If you believe you are called to be a prophet what have you done in terms of formal training & practice? What God directed things have come your way to illicit a righteous response on your behalf for the edification of others?

There is nothing wrong with being a showman/actor, just as long as you know the difference.

it's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by rjp34652

Gary

I adopted the moniker because I was forbidden to preach. I was told I was too much of a loose cannon when I criticized heresy and blasphemy in church during the worship service. For example, it is wrong for two women to fondle and kiss one another during the worship service. Apparently it is more incorrect to point out this error than to approve of it. I am the RL (raving lunatic) who criticized this behavior.

Very often the greatest enemies a man will face are those of his own family and his own communion/church fellowship. Judgment, as well as prophecy, begins in the house of God. Therefore I holler from the back of the church - or the loft as the case may be.

Most of the prophets in the Bible, and many of the men I've met who were called to it, resisted the call. There is a natural reluctance to go that way - if indeed it is of God. Something in the heart of the man knows that this calling is severe if not one that leads to a fatal end. Even Jesus struggled with this reluctance. On the other hand, as I've tried to point out, the motivations for showmanship are often confused for spiritual direction even among the most dedicated persons. Are all called to be actors? That would be a big no as well.

God is not concerned about what great things we do, but rather that the smallest things set before us are done well.

It is the desire of young men to do great things. So be it. Know that in the doing of them obstacles will often be thrown in your path. Most people, professing Christians included, do not wish to hear and do the word of God despite their vehement statements otherwise (that too is a bit of acting for public benefit).

Finally, let me point out the error that has been stated elsewhere in this thread - that all Christians are called as ministers and prophets and teachers, etc. The scripture that has been used to justify the teaching - that all are equally endowed with spiritual gifts is interpreted wrongly. It is interpreted wrongly because at its heart is the motivation on the part of corrupt leadership to swell the numbers of membership rather than to increase the quality of discipleship among those in his trust. It is quality, not quantity that is of most interest to God.

The majority of men and women who participate in professional protestant ministry do so simply because its an attractive vocation, not because it's a high calling. I was personally reprimanded BY A BISHOP of one such denomination. He said, "why can't you understand this is just a job?"

"The parsons will dig their own graves. They will betray their God to us. They will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes. Protestant clergy donít believe in anything except their well-being and office".

- Adolph Hitler

The truth is that all the gifts have been given to the church - generally. But the truth also stands that God prepares those whom He desires for specific acts. He grooms the teacher for those who are to be taught. He prepares the financial person for the care of the church accounts. He prepares the medical person in the healing arts and He prepares the prophet for the message he is to deliver. It is simply this travesty of self-important performance masquerading as guidance, which I am most opposed to. And I know that I'm not alone. People are leaving the church in droves. They search for good leadership for a while and eventually give up. Church attendance records are dramatically down and protestantism is committing suicide simply because the leadership believes that 'prophecy' is everybody's gift and anybody's pulpit.

Far too often I have sat in the congregation and listened to some self-important boob hold forth in the delivery of some thin lines badly delivered - enjoying the spotlight and the captive audience while contributing absolutely nothing to the edification of the Body of Christ.

If you believe yourself to have the gifts of prophecy you will do well to examine the motivation. If it is of God it will withstand the examination. If it is of man, it will disappear like tears in the rain.

Let me ask you a question. If you believe you are called to be a prophet what have you done in terms of formal training & practice? What God directed things have come your way to illicit a righteous response on your behalf for the edification of others?

There is nothing wrong with being a showman/actor, just as long as you know the difference.

it's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

I am beginning to connect with your words on a deeper level. I am beginning to 'hear' you, I believe. Thank you for your well thought out response to the thread topic. Thank you for your question regarding the possibility of having received the gift of prophecy and the need to test or prove any such gifting and the motives that drive the actions associated with it. I have had a significant resistance to following through with what I believed to be a calling to ministry in this area. I flip flopped like a fish out of water every time the message I was given caused pain and separation from those I was to give it. I wanted to retract and believe myself to be in error that I might sit in the pew with the rest of the 'family' eating the candy coming from behind the pulpit. I did not want center stage. I did not go about the congregation causing division through my new found understanding. I took the leadership of the church aside privately and shared my questions with them. I spoke only to the Pastor and Deacons of any concerns about discrepancies I was being shown in the teaching and prophecy being shared with the congregation. I also shared these things with my immediate family. I was shunned by the church and left by my wife. The pain is considerably deep. The decision to choose truth over comfort and to know that they continue with their sin veiled hearts as the bible is read every gathering is crushing. I have lost most everything I have in this world by following that which I understand to be true.

Today, I am questioning what my place is in the body. I have asked God to reveal a congregation of believers that he would like me to fellowship with. When I do go to a new church, I first come along side the Pastor and any leadership and explain that God has sent me to be their servant and to take a place within the church that is not visible or of significant importance of the functioning of the assembly. I offer my service in the form of janitorial duties, audio, food pantry assistance or things of the like. What I usually see when I go is a single man who captures the spotlight and delivers a 'message' to the people who then leave and go about living their lives each week eating, drinking and being merry with the assurance that Christ loves them as they are and accepts their persons without significant change. Most appear to me to be false prophets who preach and teach peace with God when the truth is actually that the wrath of God abides upon the children of disobedience. They commonly mistake gain with godliness and favor with God.

I have asked God to come and speak with me and clearly show me my calling in his kingdom. I have never had anyone show up and 'anoint' me for the purpose of leadership or otherwise. It appears to me that I am simply one who has been given revelation of truth based upon my obedience to that which was previously revealed and that I don't really have a 'gift' per se that is to be used in a specific calling within a local body but rather information that I can use to edify any part of the body that I come into contact with that God reveals unto me their need to receive that which I have for their edification.

I believe God will reveal unto me my place in time. I believe that I am being prepared for something yet future and that I will be given understanding when understanding is necessary for his purpose and the benefit of the body at large. I am simply an unprofitable servant who is hated by the world and those who love its ways because I am contrary to them. I stand by what Paul spoke when he said that if we have hope only in this life in Christ that we are of all men most miserable. And as you pointed out and it is written as a warning in 1 Cor 11, that the quickest place to be betrayed is in the assembly of Gods people through division caused by heresy and acts of unbelief.

Thanks again for the kind words hollered out from the choir loft,

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Gary,

I firmly believe the word teaches that the Holy spirit operates the gifts as he wills. Which I have always understood to mean that God can operate any gift through any submitted believer whenever he wants. He has chosen to operate the gift of prophecy through me from time to time. No I don't think I'm a prophet. I've always just accepted it was Him operating the gifts as he saw fit. But every time it has happened a few things have always stayed the same. I'll share with you one of the times so you can better understand what I'm trying to say.

I was taking a walk with a friend of mine. He had lost his passion for Christ. Trials and tribulations, loss and pain were taking there toll on him. He had stopped going to church and quit reading his bible. I was trying to encourage him, but just couldn't find the words. I remember praying and asking God to help me. How could I possible know what to say, when I didn't even know what the problem was. I asked if he minded if I quitely prayed for a moment. When I prayed I felt a peace come over me. I opened my mouth and began to speak to him again. It seemed like I spoke to him for only a few minutes. Then suddenly, it was like I woke up, or I come to myself. I stopped and asked him what was I saying. As I looked at him, he was in tears. Heavy tears. I asked him what was going on, but that peace which is beyond words filled me up. All he could say for a long time was, " that wasn't you talking, that was Jesus". Over and over he keeped saying it. I looked at my watch and 30 to 40 minutes had passed in what seemed like 2 or 3 minutes to me. He asked me If I even remembered what I said. I told him no. I still don't remember. He told me he knew it was not me talking by the glow that was on my face when I was speaking before. He began telling me that I had told him of his past, things no one knew about, about his present and why he was disheartned, and what was about to come for him. I remember none of this. But from that day unto this one, he has never again come close to losing his passion for God.

I Prayed and asked why I never seem to remember what is spoken. He told me, for the same reason my face shined that day. He won't share his glory with another. It was none of my business what was spoken, Because it is not about me. God Alone got and rightfully deserves all the credit. It's a private message, weather long or short between God and the other person or persons.

I say all this to encourage you. When it's his time, then it will happen his way, and He alone will get all the glory, regardless of what gift operates. Remember Gary, everytime true prophecy was spoken in the bible, it was word for word what was seen or heard directly from God. Just like with Christ. I hope this in some way helps you, and like it did for my friend in the example, leads you closer to Christ.

Firestormx

Joseph

Gary:

After reading your words I feel it's important to preface what I'm about to write with caution. Your post indicates a dangerous spiritual commission, rather than a cute gift, may be operating in your life. I write of the task of WATCHMAN, one that carries with it serious spiritual responsibilities, consequences and judgment if disobeyed. Read the 33rd chapter of the book of Ezekiel. If anything there rings a bell, continue with a word study on WATCHMAN. The short version of Ezekiel's commission is written at the end of this post.

Such a thing cannot be defined as a gift so much as it is an unpleasant task to be performed like taking out the trash or cleaning the toilet. It isn't something you'd expect Santa Claus to pack in your stocking, but it may be something Our Lord would clearly ask one of His sons to perform in His stead.

The Biblically defined role of WATCHMAN is to warn leadership of danger.

That's it and that's all, nothing more and nothing less. Once done, the onus for action falls upon the leadership. Action is outside the scope and beyond the mandate of a WATCHMAN's duty! All a WATCHMAN can do and all a WATCHMAN is required to do, is speak the words of warning. Once done you shake the dust off your feet and move on. There is no glory in it whatsoever except that which may be granted by the Master of us all during the awards ceremony on judgement day.

I spent six years in uniform and am well acquainted with duty's thankless tasks. The duty of WATCHMAN - for that is what it is, a DUTY, is not a thing that will accumulate glory or combat pay or trophys or a pat on the back, especially when an alarm is sounded. When that happens the WATCHMAN becomes the bearer of dark uncomfortable words. "Don't kill the messenger who carries an unwelcome message," people say. Yet when hard words strike a nerve, the reflexive response is always to kick the one who delivered them. Considering the apostate religious culture of our time, the words of a WATCHMAN can be extremely unwelcome.

"Speaking the truth to one who loves it not - invites only interpretation."

- George McDonald

Gary, you wrote that you, "wanted to retract and believe myself to be in error that I might sit in the pew with the rest of the 'family' eating the candy coming from behind the pulpit."

How often have I had the same experience. There were times when I envied such folk - who feasted upon candy when I dined on ashes. Yet both menu items eventually leave one sick in the stomach. Over time I've learned that even those who eat candy every Sunday eventually tire of it. The national head count of those who regularly attend church services has fallen steadily and is now only about 27% of 1948 levels. Projections are that by the year 2050 attendance will fall to 10% or less. Candy cannot be relied upon as a steady diet for church growth, yet our leaders refuse to accept statistical evidence of their error.

You also wrote that you, "did not go about the congregation causing division..... I took the leadership of the church aside privately and shared my questions with them. I spoke only to the Pastor and Deacons of any concerns about discrepancies I was being shown in the teaching and prophecy being shared with the congregation."

This is the prescribed method taught in the New Testament. The procedure you followed is correct.

In addition you stated that you were, "shunned by the church and left by my wife. The pain is considerably deep."

Ditto. As I wrote earlier, I've been accused of being a loose cannon and asked to leave one church, which I did. My wife is still with me, but does not accompany me to church services any more. My actions embarass her.

You also wrote that you, "have lost most everything I have in this world by following that which I understand to be true."

Ditto again. At one point I was down to $125 cash, crushing debt, and was told to take my wife and leave the church sponsored housing where we lived. I had no place to go and no way to move our stuff, yet the Lord provided all.

You wrote that you are "questioning what my place is in the body."

I long sought a place of recognition and purpose for myself. Eventually I learned that my purpose is WATCHMAN, but it is not well received. If I join a new fellowship and respond to the question of what my 'spiritual gift' is, their countenance takes on the appearance of one who is sucking lemons. Apparently you can't have your spiritual cake and eat it too.

"I have asked God to reveal a congregation of believers that he would like me to fellowship with."

He may do that in time and He may not. If indeed your duty is as a WATCHMAN, the task necessarily requires a nomadic existance. It is the same as a life in the US military. Every few years you get orders to move on. Mine has been one of wandering from one church to another, changing fellowship every two or three years, all the while wishing and praying and hoping that I might find some sort of spiritual pillow where I could rest my head. Jesus once said that even the foxes have holes to sleep in, while He had none. If Our Lord could not find a fellowship of rest, then why should we think it strange if we wander also?

Finally you wrote that you, "have asked God to come and speak with me and clearly show me my calling in his kingdom."

He may have done that already and repeatedly. If you are looking for a pleasant ceremony and applause from the church you won't get it. No one who embraces lies and loves to wander in the darkness welcomes a man with the flashlight of truth.

Make no mistake, these are dark times for Christendom and it's getting worse. Storm clouds and judgment are everywhere. Pretty words are not to be taken seriously. More often than not they are a trap to the unwary. The WATCHMAN cannot afford the luxury of feeling sorry for himself. It is his duty to suck it up and watch and wait and speak when called upon to do so. The fun stuff comes later in the Lord's good time.

If after reading and meditating on the dangerous words of Ezekiel 33 you find yourself sweating bullets, then you may consider the moisture upon your brow to be your annointing. You will not receive such a thing from the hand of man. If all this strikes a cord with your experience, then by all means join me .... in speaking and writing unpopular politically incorrect words from beyond the pulpit.

it's just [me/us]?, hollering from the choir loft...

====================

EZEKIEL'S COMMISSION

====================

So thou, son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel;

therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.

When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die,

and THOU DOST NOT SPEAK TO WARN THE WICKED FROM HIS WAY;

that wicked man shall die in his iniquity,

but HIS BLOOD WILL I REQUIRE AT THINE HAND.

Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it, and he turn not from his way;

he shall die in his iniquity, but thou hast delivered thy soul.

- Eze 33:7-9

When I say to the righteous, that he shall surely live;

if he trust to his righteousness, and commit iniquity, none of his righteous deeds shall be remembered;

but in his iniquity that he hath committed, therein shall he die.

- Eze 33:13