gdemoss

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

What is the gift of prophecy and how would one know if they have it?

In Jesus Name,

Gary

i have the gift of prophesy. God has told me what is to come, He has revealed to me the Mysteries of the Bible, opened up my understanding of them. One will know they have the gift of prophesy when God reveals to them what is to come.

^i^

God told John in Rev 1:19 - Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now, and what will take place later.

I would believe that your gift of prophecy is not all from God. This would be confirmed in what you have written is some of your other posts.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

In Jesus Name,

Gary

i have the gift of prophesy. God has told me what is to come, He has revealed to me the Mysteries of the Bible, opened up my understanding of them. One will know they have the gift of prophesy when God reveals to them what is to come.

^i^

Thank you for coming forward and risking the stone throwing that normally accompanies such claims. I am interested in chatting with you on a private level. I will send a PM.

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

awww......come on......everyone knows that a stoning should be public? :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

In Jesus Name,

Gary

^i^

So what, pray tell, is to come?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

In Jesus Name,

Gary

^i^

So what, pray tell, is to come?

My guess, and of course I do not say this as a prophet, but my guess? More people saying they are prophets ;)

I see you have but 71 posts....when you have 571 posts (more or less) you will know what I mean....they keep popping

up like gophers all over the place around here

awww......come on......everyone knows that a stoning should be public? :whistling:

No stoning today. But as you know, I will hear out anyone who believes that God has given them this gift and it is probably best done in a private setting.

Gary

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I sort of feel bad for the prophet, or the person who believes they are a prophet, I bet it would be scary to try and get a message out and risk being ridiculed and put under a microscope. I try not to judge others, if someone has a prophecy let them speak, I would not make fun of them or throw stones. I would take it with a grain of salt and see if it comes to pass.

I am sure there are real prophets around, maybe even a few on here. The Holy Spirit does give us gifts. I have yet to discover mine, I just prayed the other day that the Spirit would reveal it to me. I guess I do have a special way of witnessing to people, my approach is a bit bold but loving and patient. My fiance calls me Paul sometimes (even though I am a girl!) maybe I should tell him to call me Paula! LOL! Okay now it sounds like I am boasting!

I do have lots of um...wierd dreams though. Alot of times I know I am dreaming so I just sit and pray/worship God, or I sing. Last night in my dreams I sang really loud to the Lord! I had a beautiful voice!

I would like to know what the difference between prophecy and the Holy Spirit revealing something in Scripture is.

Natalie

I would like to know what the difference between prophecy and the Holy Spirit revealing something in Scripture is.

Natalie

Much of what I am working to understand. On the bright side, I only have a little less than 6 months to find out if I have been being given truth or having my leg pulled. I am not sure what I would rather be the case....

Gary

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

now I am curious! Should I PM you?

Is it about Israel? I have a feeling someone is going to bomb them soon.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

How do you know it is from God?

Jeremiah 23:21

I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.

Matthew 7:22

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord,

have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Funny, I know what is coming too and all I had to do was pick up my Bible turn to the Book of Revelation. As I have said before, I do not believe there are prophets today. I might add. You had better be right about everything that comes out of your mouth and I mean 100% of the time because one thing that is wrong, you are no longer a prophet. :heart: