IGNORED

When does the Holy Spirit enters a person?

layhoma

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The moment when people confess and accept Jesus as their Lord by mouth and heart, say on a phone conversation OR when they are being baptized formally in front of people and confess and accept Jesus as their Lord by mouth and heart.

I think I may know the answer to this silly question already but I thought that there are others who think otherwise. :laughing:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Salvation has nothing to do with any external, or outward show of faith, but that is not to say that it will not be there or that it is not valid.

Ephesians 1:12-14

King James Version (KJV)

That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth
, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also
after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

According to the portion above, we are saved by trusting in the word of God, the word of truth is the word of God. After that we trust and believe then God the Father gives us the Holy Spirit at that exact time for the purpose of putting himself in us for the purpose of guiding us and teaching us and to perfect us unto Sanctification (obedience and conformity unto His First Born Son, Jesus.

I do, however, that there another importation which comes by laying on of hands and some have a gift, a ministry for doing that as did Peter and John:

Acts 8:

Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

Who, when they were come down,
prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost
:

(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

One receives the abiding presence and inter-ministry of the Holy Spirit, but one can also receive an enduement of power which some call "the second blessing", but when you first believe you have the Holy Spirit.

I am not one who understands what exactly happens at the point of the second receiving of the Holy Spirit.

Edited by Monarchy

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Selene, that is 12 point is that better, in my editing for conformity I unmeaningly reduced the font size.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The purpose of the gospel is the ministering of the Holy Spirit unto Gods people who are his holy temple.

2Cr 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

The law was given unto Israel and those who presided over it were considered gods by God as they were acting in Gods place in the manner of judging people here on Earth. We see that through corruption of the flesh the law is useless and makes nothing perfect.

Ephesians 1 & 2 explain in detail that when one comes to faith that the Holy Spirit is given and their journey only begun. Romans, 1st and 2nd Corinthians and Galatians cover the pitfalls that precede truly walking in the Spirit. The order of the epistles in our New Testament are gradual in nature to give understanding about the progressive nature of growth in the believer. We all begin in Rome but need to travel the dark roads through carnal Corinth onward to Thesolonica where we await the return of Christ walking in light rather than darkness.

The greatest pitfall one can ever fall into is reading a particular text and believing it applies to them when it does not.

2Cr 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

One could read this verse and claim that we are not ignorant of Satan's devices (thoughts) but the wise asks themselves if it truly applies to themselves.

How do we know that we have the Holy Spirit?

1Cr 1:4-8 ¶ I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and [in] all knowledge; Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit gives gifts to whomever he will and these gifts confirm the believer. Not everyone receives all or even the same gift. Their is a heresy that says that all will speak in tongues when they receive the Holy Spirit. Some are deceived and going about deceiving others believing this to be true. Any gift is a confirmation of the Holy Spirit at work in your life but Paul goes one step beyond the gifts and explains in chapter 13 that the ultimate proof of God working through his Spirit in a person is Love. Love is the ultimate end of perfection for the Christian that delivers them from fear and torment concerning judgment unto boldness to approach the throne of grace with confidence.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

In the end it is all about where you place your trust. Do you trust in sin or God? God is Love. Sin is self-centered. God is separate from sinners (holy) and therefore the Holy Spirit was given unto us that we might be reunited and made alive unto him by the quickening of our mortal flesh.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Remember, when you plant a seed of a fruit tree (holy spirit/word of God) it takes a while to grow and bear fruit (two - three years for most fruit bearing trees we know of though some have been known to produce something in their first year but rare.). One of the considerations we need to have is that fruit of the tree feeds those who come to take from it. Their is a huge difference between one who has been fed by receiving the love, joy, peace etc of the Holy Spirit and one who is a tree planted by a river and has these fruits to feed others with in their time of need that they might be grafted into the family and eventually produce fruit themselves.

Great topic, may the Lord richly bless you with the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him as you grow up in him a beautiful fruit bearing tree.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you Monarchy, Selene for taking an interest just by entering this topic and much appreciate gdemoss for the great wisdom from God through you bestowed upon me.

God Bless You All!

Edited by layhoma

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Selene, that is 12 point is that better, in my editing for conformity I unmeaningly reduced the font size.

Yes, that is much better. I can read it. :mgcheerful:

FYI: If you hold down the [Ctrl key] while pressing the [+] key the font will increase in size, doing the same with th [-] will make it small again. I have to increase the font size on just about all the post.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

John 1:12 But as many as receive Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born not of blood nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. Other promises mention confessing the Lord Jesus and believing in your heart that God raised Him from the dead. Romans 10:9. I believe it is possible to ask Got to forgive us for being a sinner and to receive Jesus' forgiveness while driving down the road or where ever you feel like praying. It is possible to confess Him to your family or to friends. But I also believe that Baptism is a public testamony as to what has already been done in your life. Baptism can be a time of confessing Him before men.

Many churches disagree on this doctrine, especially those that practice infant baptism. The biggest problem is that we all try to put God in a box, or in a doctrine. I am sure that the Spirit comes to indwell us in slightly different ways because God looks at our hearts and not as to whether we did a ritual. (Some people repeat a prayer or are baptized as a means of joining a church, which they think of like joining a lodge or the country club. That is why Jesus gave us verses like John 3:8.) The way we know that we have been born again is that there is a growing change in our lives. Sometimes we start feeling guilty about things that hadn't bothered us before. But there is some kind of change in our way of thinking. Most people find peace. We also are to cling to scriptures that promise salvation because the first thing satan does is accuse us of not being a christian because we blew it again. Not so. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; It is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 using NKJV

Edited by Willamina

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Israelite, I envy you your heritage. You will have so much better understanding of our Scripture with your background. Much of Revelations is especially more meaningful to those who are familiar with the Temple, the feasts and all things Jewish. While we are all equal in God's eyes and He had torn down the walls that seperate us, I sometimes feel like an outsider looking in.

And all heaven rejoices over one sinner who repents.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Israelite, I envy you your heritage. You will have so much better understanding of our Scripture with your background. Much of Revelations is especially more meaningful to those who are familiar with the Temple, the feasts and all things Jewish. While we are all equal in God's eyes and He had torn down the walls that seperate us, I sometimes feel like an outsider looking in.

Isn't Israelite banned? I wonder why.

The moment when people confess and accept Jesus as their Lord by mouth and heart, say on a phone conversation OR when they are being baptized formally in front of people and confess and accept Jesus as their Lord by mouth and heart.

I think I may know the answer to this silly question already but I thought that there are others who think otherwise. :laughing:

The moment when people confess and accept Jesus as their Lord by mouth and heart. (Eph. 12:13)

What is the Biblical evidence as throughout Scripture for the alternative underlined?

In Christ,

Eagle

Edited by GoldenEagle

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

The moment when people confess and accept Jesus as their Lord by mouth and heart. (Eph. 1:13)

What is the Biblical evidence as seen throughout Scripture for the alternative underlined above?

While I agree Jews have a great heritage I wonder why Israelite was banned?

In Christ,

Eagle

Double post. Strange it didn't show up the first time. How do I delete this? Lol.

Edited by GoldenEagle