Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InsideWoman

What's your favourite hymn?

36 posts in this topic

Today a friend of mine reminded me of this song which we used to sing when I was growing up:

"Jesus is wonderful, Jesus is wonderful, He is the one that I love X2. Blessings untold; flooding my soul; feeling my heart with His love! He is my everything Savior divine, He is the one that I love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweet memories of my older sister came flooding my heart, I remembered how she used to sing this song while she was cleaning my grannies house. My mind just went back to my simple yet full life!

And my friend reminded me that we are now singing this song with an understanding! Amazing how God was at work in my life, perfecting HIs work in me! So blessed!

So what's your favourite song and what does it remind of you? It doesn't necessarily have to be a Christian song.

My all time favorite song is Drift away by Dobie Gray.. a remake has been done of it sung by Uncle Kracker and it sounds almost the same .. Granted it's not a Christian song but it's always been a comfort to me...

And another one I have is Cool Change by The Little River Band...

Amazing Grace has always been my favorite hymn. It was my great grandfathers fave & I remember him humming it a lot when I was very young. I can hardly wait for the day I see him again!

The station I listen to on my 30 min drive over mtn to work plays it by Chris Tomlin & I am swept into tears of worship EVERY time. Praises & thanks to our God that He watches over me at those times, because blurry vision & mtn curves in the dark don't usually go well together. :)

Blessed Assurance, The Love of God by Lehman, Amazing Grace, My Faith it Is an Oaken Staff, It is Finished - and on and on - no 'one' really.

The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power by Andrea Crouch

If you know the story behind "It Is Well (With My Soul)", you'll see just what a fantastic testimony it was. I know when I get to feeling sorry for myself, I reflect on that hymm (and the backstory) and it helps put things into perspective.

Also, "The Wonderful Cross" by Michael W. Smith - which is based on the beautiful old hymm "When I Survey the Wonderful Cross".

Brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it.

Blessings!

-Ed

I have many favorite hymns, but I'd have to say that Amazing Grace is up there at the top, so here's another vote for Amazing Grace. As Christians, we would have nothing without God's Amazing Grace.

Favorite hymn is Because He Lives

Amazing how this songs make so much sense as you get deeper with God!! And the power they carry is just like God! Can you imagine what we would be doing when we get to heaven? Oh God's glory!!!!!!!!! Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! :) :) :)

In the Garden:

Often on animal trails in areas of the world that no human had stepped I could see the Lords work. Alone with the voices of things made by God all around me, I knew that He walked with me and yes even talked with me, bringing peace and joy to a broken heart. :mgcheerful: None other has ev-er known.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0