Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest HisG

Question for atheists.

481 posts in this topic

Please clarify for me : )

Question One: Do you regard God of the Hebrew Bible as a myth and in the category of other worshipped ancient 'gods' such as Zeus, Osiris, later- Thor etc?

If not - why not?

I appreciate your thoughts baryonoctet.

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about your story, but if I may ask - what's your belief system now?

It would be interesting to see how atheists would answer the question.

What are your thoughts on the global belief/trust in a "myth" ?

AND

why do you think evolved species such as us, would have a yearning to worship something much greater than ourselves - given this yearning is not limited but is in fact, cross cultural?

I do not see this in other "evolved species"..

That doesn't fascinate me really tbh, it's more fascinating to learn that nearly all cultures, if not ALL cultures have a story of human beginnings.

It fascinates me that from the evolutionists point of view, we started out from chaos and randomness, but yet, to have a "yearning" that there is something/Someone bigger than humanity? - and this yearning cross cultural as well? As if built in - hard wired in the psyche. That is truly fascinating.

Your response lacked the depth I was looking for.

... why do you think evolved species such as us, would have a yearning to worship something much greater than ourselves - given this yearning is not limited but is in fact, cross cultural?

I do not see this in other "evolved species".. g.

Our higher brain power simply gives us the ability to ask where we came from. .

So it's just "natural" then..?

Our higher brain power allows us to question and seek (which is a good thing)....and humans, all humans, all over, have questioned and sought out, which in turn pointed them to worship something or Someone.? Am I thinking along evolutionist lines?

So if this seeking is , just say, an evolved "state of mind"...why do Christians concern atheists so much? If, after all, we are just using the enquiring mind of the "evolved human brain" ?

Has anyone else noticed that all of the gods of the ancient (and not so ancient)cultures, nations, and empires have fallen along with them?

When Greece fell...so did its gods.

When Rome fell...so did its gods.

When Israel fell...so did........whoops! There seems to be a fly in the ointment!

Why...Even though His chosen people were scattered to the ends of the Earth He continues to make His presence known not only to them, but to their brothers and cousins, the Christians, as well! His army of followers grows each day and grows ever stronger in the Light of His Glory!

Matthew 22:32 (KJV)

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Please clarify for me : )

Question One: Do you regard God of the Hebrew Bible as a myth and in the category of other worshipped ancient 'gods' such as Zeus, Osiris, later- Thor etc?

If not - why not?

Yes.