IGNORED

Can a Christian swayed so far in losing the Holy Spirit ?

layhoma

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

I don't believe a demon could live in a holy temple. I believe that christians could be under the influence of demons, but not posessed by them. I am filled with the Holy spirit, there is no room for a demon spirit.

Judas might disagree with that

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I don't believe a demon could live in a holy temple. I believe that christians could be under the influence of demons, but not posessed by them. I am filled with the Holy spirit, there is no room for a demon spirit.

Judas was turned over to Satan.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Judas was turned over to Satan.

The Bible gives no indication whatsoever that Judas ever had salvation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

It amazes me sometimes that some Christians believe that after God saves someone, then it's up to them to keep themselves saved.

I want to just scream: "IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!"

God the Father draws a person to Jesus, the Holy Spirit convicts the person of their sin and need for Christ, and Jesus saves the person via His sacrifice on the cross.

After a person is saved, they remain saved through the power of God because salvation is ENTIRELY a GIFT from God to fallen mankind.

God is NOT going to share ANY of the glory for your salvation with YOU!

So STOP trying to TAKE what ONLY belongs to GOD!!!

Okay, my rant is over. :foot-stomp:

Judas was turned over to Satan

yes, and the scripture says "satan entered Judas".........judas was numbered among the 12, he along with the 11 other disciples were empowered by the Holy Spirit to drive out demons, heal the sick miraculously, and perform many wonders, he was not the least of the disciples as he was chosen to hold onto the groups finances, we know from scripture that unbelievers can not operate in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

If a Christian opens doors to his house, and makes room for evil spirits to dwell, you can grieve the Holy Spirit to a point where He will leave you, just as any Christian can fall into sin, and sear their conscience like a hot iron, finding themselves living unrepentantly.in a life of sin

as for Judas, yes it was God's forknowledge of what Judas would do

It amazes me sometimes that some Christians believe that after God saves someone, then it's up to them to keep themselves saved.

I want to just scream: "IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!"

God the Father draws a person to Jesus, the Holy Spirit convicts the person of their sin and need for Christ, and Jesus saves the person via His sacrifice on the cross.

After a person is saved, they remain saved through the power of God because salvation is ENTIRELY a GIFT from God to fallen mankind.

God is NOT going to share ANY of the glory for your salvation with YOU!

So STOP trying to TAKE what ONLY belongs to GOD!!!

Okay, my rant is over. :foot-stomp:

Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another daily, while it is called 'Today', lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin." Hebrews 3:12-13

"Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? ..." Hebrews 2:1-3

"Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come. Therefore, let him who thinks he stands, take heed lest he fall." I Corinthians 10:11-12

All of these warnings would be meaningless if Christians could not fall away. Therefore, the very existence of these warnings proves that Christians can fall from grace. But, this point is made even clearer when we investigate examples of Christians who struggled against falling away, and some who actually did.

then you Have the very final warnings given by Jesus, in Revelations..............I guess Jesus didn't get the memo that you couldn't be deceived and led away into sin that leads to death

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am unsure why Christians are sometimes fallen; however, we can't see inside a soul like God can. We also do not know our destiny. I would be careful about judging if someone is saved or not simply by looking at his/her current state. If I might also humbly add some references from the Bible: the parable of the virgins who let their oil run out and were left in outer darkness (they once had oil,did they not?), the parable of the sower and the seeds (Satan was able to choke off those who did show growth at one time), the time when Jesus killed the fig tree because it didn't produce fruit (This is a real warning to Christians), and the fact that Jesus went around casting out demons and evil spirits (He wouldn't do that for someone who was destined to go to Hell,would he?) Overall, I believe this lady needs deliverance through whatever means: prayer and fasting, laying on of hands, removal of satanic objects, cleansing of her home, etc. This stuff is real. Jesus said it is.

.... We also do not know our destiny.....

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

.... We also do not know our destiny.....

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Yes, this is a promise from God, but would the passage's meaning change at all if the word "should" were replaced with "would"? Also, I would welcome, with humility, your opinion on this quote in light of the parables and fig tree also in the Bible. I do believe that we don't know our destiny, only God does. We must keep our lamps full, not fall asleep, and produce fruit. Personal question: Have you ever seen someone get saved and be very enthusiastic just to go back to old beliefs and ways within a year or two? I have and this reminded me of the parable of the seed and the sower. However, Satan is said to be the one who plants the weeds. The lady first described in the original post seems to be among the thorns and weeds, or this could simply be the work of oppressive spirits. As Christians, we are called to act on her behalf. Doing nothing would be unchristian. We don't know if like in Timothy, "he was never of us" or if she is just being controlled by a power other than Christ. Obviously, this power is affecting the person who posted this too. Overall, she may not have been truly saved, may have been but is under oppression, or is not producing fruit and in danger of being cut off. I do not mean to make others doubt their faith, which is a danger when speaking of these parables. However, mature Christians should be aware that God saves us to do His will. We do have responsibilities. I've often wondered who I will be surprised to both see and not see in Glory. Those who rest alone on your verse here may not have the full picture of God's grace and may not respond to His warnings. Thanks, Joe, for a lively debate.

The Fellowship Of Believers

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? For all those things hath mine hand made, and those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. Isaiah 66:1-2

Rejoice Together

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

And Eat

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

And It Is Good

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion:

for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore. Psalms 133

~

.... Those who rest alone on your verse here may not have the full picture of God's grace and may not respond to His warnings. Thanks, Joe, for a lively debate....

:thumbsup:

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

~

There

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Is No Doubt

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

That Jesus Is Salvation

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

And That Our Works Will Just Not Do

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:23-28

So Beloved I Leave It To You

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10

Is This The Gospel

Or Will Another

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. Hebrew 6:4-6

Do?

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrew 3:12

Love, Your Brother Joe