• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

But please, by all means, continue to be skeptical of all that which I post since we are still dealing with the idea that I am being seduced by evil spirits.

Gary

Ok, you got my attention. Anything you need to talk about?

off topic, except for the idea that if it were true it would affect all topics I address. I have become very sensitive to the spiritual realm and have had upon many occasions had spirits come over me peddling some new 'wind' of doctrine though there be nothing new under the sun. I have experienced first hand spirits claiming Jehovah Witness, Mormon, Islam among other doctrines to be true. I have one particular teacher whom I call God that always shuts these others down using scripture and sends them packing. All of it comes in a revelatory sense and I have simply been working for the better part of a year to sanctify the one that I believe is the Holy Spirit speaking and work to understand what I is being revealed to me by him. And then of course, when I would to do good, evil is present with me....sorting out all of the pieces is quite interesting. I have come to love the song In The Garden as I spend a lot of time in fellowship talking to, singing to and praising the one who is leading me internally.

If I be wrong, then I have no idea if I have ever heard from God internally then. What a drag that would be....

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

But please, by all means, continue to be skeptical of all that which I post since we are still dealing with the idea that I am being seduced by evil spirits.

Gary

Ok, you got my attention. Anything you need to talk about?

off topic, except for the idea that if it were true it would affect all topics I address. I have become very sensitive to the spiritual realm and have had upon many occasions had spirits come over me peddling some new 'wind' of doctrine though there be nothing new under the sun. I have experienced first hand spirits claiming Jehovah Witness, Mormon, Islam among other doctrines to be true. I have one particular teacher whom I call God that always shuts these others down using scripture and sends them packing. All of it comes in a revelatory sense and I have simply been working for the better part of a year to sanctify the one that I believe is the Holy Spirit speaking and work to understand what I is being revealed to me by him. And then of course, when I would to do good, evil is present with me....sorting out all of the pieces is quite interesting. I have come to love the song In The Garden as I spend a lot of time in fellowship talking to, singing to and praising the one who is leading me internally.

If I be wrong, then I have no idea if I have ever heard from God internally then. What a drag that would be....

Gary

Remember Christ's promise Gary. He said his sheep know his voice. But learning his voice takes time. Just like a baby sheep as it grows learns the voice of it's shepard. If your son asks you for bread, will you give him a stone? If he asks you for a fish, will you give him a serpent? if you then being evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more your father in heaven? Try the spirits. One of my personal favorite verses is in job, The Lord speaks once yea twice yet man precieves him not. God will never tell you something just once, he tells us over and over, confirming it's him, it it will always be in line with his word. That's also why I come here to worthy. I know I don't have a monopoly on God. He speaks too all his children, and loves all that are his. Even if someone has yet to learn something I have, they should atleast recignize the Spirit of God behind it. Not everyone will. Even some of his own children sometimes will not. But some will. We are a body. Christ's body. The foot don't do what the hand does. If I'm the foot, I'm not going to go to a hand to see if I'm functioning properly. Likewise, find believers with simalar Callings, simalar enabling by the Holy Spirit.

Hope this helps, will be praying for you

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1977

The word of God states very clearly and very bluntly that we are NOT to lean to our own understanding, Proverbs 3:5. So why is it, that's exactly what so many of us do? Even up here on worthy, Isn't that what we all do here, each discussing our opinion, our understanding, and in some cases getting upset when someone don't agree with it. As I read and study the word, I see more and more that Old and New testament saints alike, just like jesus spoke and did only what they got directly from God. When they did things or spoke things on there own is normally when sin happened. If the word of God, or maybe just prophecy is not up for private interputation, and we are not to lean on our own understanding then much if not most of believers are in serious error. What has God led each of you too, in regards to Lean not to your own understanding?

This is so true,, yet the bible also tells us that this very thing will happen. Jesus warns us of this throughout the Gospels.

God Bless, diamonddp

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Sevenseas, what you have stated here is really no different than what I said except that you state that it doesn't mean pride but then turn around and describe in detail what pride is. I believe this is why the translators of the Septuagint decided to use a word that expressly is pride related instead of a word that was not. But please, by all means, continue to be skeptical of all that which I post since we are still dealing with the idea that I am being seduced by evil spirits. The extra scrutiny is useful.

Gary

I thought you might see it that way. :30: surprise! I don't

How do u consider pride? excessive self-esteem? conceit even? a company of lions?

What I believe that verse is describing (when consulting the lexicon and various commentaries) is not pride

but rather what any person would do on a day to day basis...I am not proud when I make a great many decisions

As the NT tells us to walk in the spirit (according to the word because the word is a light on our path) it would agree

with the verse from Proverbs and that is NOT a pride issue

Regarding your comments on seducing spirits: get over yourself. YOU are the one who keeps posting about the day

of reckoning that will be upon us.....yes I know the date....so, unless you would like a following of blind and deaf

worshipers, you should learn to deal with the critiques. You may never even if all comes true.

The mystery continues...biting my tongue and biding my time ... giving you the benefit of believing my plain words are

not meant to hurt

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I have become very sensitive to the spiritual realm

Are you the only one do you think? Is that some kind of letter of introduction or something?

I'm not being sarcastic.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

NChrist,

Let me rephrase my question in my OP. What does it mean to lean to your own understanding? If we read and study the word as we all should, and we decide what the meaning of the word we are reading is, in our own head, are we not leaning to our own understanding? Shouldn't all our understanding of what the word says come directly from God? If it doesn't is that leaning to our own understanding? Are we really ready to say that the doctrine we speak came directly out of the mouth of God? Yes there are people at different levels of growth, but shouldn't we all agree with the simple basics if all of us are recieving the understanding from God?

P.S. I forgot to put this in previous post, sorry. Thank you for taking the time to post.

I think we have to use our own understanding:::::

Phil 2:12-14

12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

NASB

And I as I said before..... who besides yourself are you going to rely on....... the preacher in my youth that instructed me that no one could enter heaven unless they ahd been baptized by someone of our denomination...... or the preacher who told us that we were saved forever no matter what.... or the one who told us of the pre trib rapture, or the one who said it was to happen at the end.

Who can we listen to and trust. If we are to work out our own salvation, is it the same for us all.... or do we all have unique needs to overcome and the way to sanctification is all different. On our separate walks there may be things that you are expected to accomplish that I am not capable of doing. Or I may be at a spiritual level to stand and spit in the devil's eye and take the consequences if there are any.

You have to trust your own relationship with the Spirit and if your walk is different than mine..... so be it. We're at different levels at different times with different attacks from the dark side and different needs to reach the goal that Jesus has set for each of us.

Just my own personal view of the world.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/25/1953

The word of God states very clearly and very bluntly that we are NOT to lean to our own understanding, Proverbs 3:5. So why is it, that's exactly what so many of us do? Even up here on worthy, Isn't that what we all do here, each discussing our opinion, our understanding, and in some cases getting upset when someone don't agree with it. As I read and study the word, I see more and more that Old and New testament saints alike, just like jesus spoke and did only what they got directly from God. When they did things or spoke things on there own is normally when sin happened. If the word of God, or maybe just prophecy is not up for private interputation, and we are not to lean on our own understanding then much if not most of believers are in serious error. What has God led each of you too, in regards to Lean not to your own understanding?

This is so true,, yet the bible also tells us that this very thing will happen. Jesus warns us of this throughout the Gospels.

God Bless, diamonddp

I have to agree. Jesus teaches of the false teachings of others, and that the church would become something it was never created to be.

God bless

linehaul

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

A simple example of relying on the word for understanding:

Feeding the five thousand. We could go on I'm sure with studies about this event and some of them spot on and very good but we can look at Elisha, he also fed many with to little food and there were left overs also. Elisha fed them at a time of Famine. There was famine in the land. The first part of this story was one of the sons of the prophets going out and gathering wild gourds for a stew and he threw them into the pot and when they started eating they cried out "there's death in the pot" and Elisha told them to pour in the grain, in type the word, they did and all was fine then later someone shows up with food but it isn't enough and Elisha tells him to pass it out and it became more than enough. 2 Kings 4:38

Anyway we learn in Amos, 8:11 that there is also not just a famine of bread or wine but of hearing the word of God. At a time of famine people will eat anything and the same is true spiritually. Yes Jesus fed their spiritual needs as well as their physical needs as we should but there is more going on. Not just that Elisha was a type of the messiah but Jesus fed them grain at a time when the religious leadership was not. There was a famine of the hearing of the word of God when Jesus came and His feeding the five thousand was a physical action representing a spiritual truth.

The same thing is happening today as we approach His second coming, there is a lack of hearing of the Word of God, a famine but all we need to do is pour in the grain.

With Jesus there is an abundance of understanding but without Him we can do nothing.

When we find error in our church the answer is pour in the grain and if the pot is still a good pot then we will heal our church. If the pot is bad there is nothing we can do, no amount of good can help. Ezekiel 24

No church movement has been perfect but the ones that really walked the walk poured in the grain. Biblical exposition, they taught the word. Not perfect church but a desire and hunger for the truth. The Holy Spirit will teach us as long as we pour in the word of God. And the growing result will be love. Churches that have spread the gospel naturally have all got that one aspect right, the truth produced love.

No matter what our theological differences or pet beliefs about certain subject matter, our learning should be moving us in the direction of love. The end result should be love. And we all have experienced this love when we first came to Jesus and were saved but as the wilderness experience wore on the Jews so too we find times when we are hungry. God is with us always and there is plenty to eat, there is still grain in the barn, we need to get it while we still can. Night comes when no man can work. We all make mistakes and trip on error but love covers a multitude of sin.

... What has God led.... you.... in regards to Lean not to your own understanding?

Sometimes I've Felt Like A Nut

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

And Sometimes I Was Just Plan Nuts

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Nevertheless I've Found God Remains Gracious

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Sevenseas, what you have stated here is really no different than what I said except that you state that it doesn't mean pride but then turn around and describe in detail what pride is. I believe this is why the translators of the Septuagint decided to use a word that expressly is pride related instead of a word that was not. But please, by all means, continue to be skeptical of all that which I post since we are still dealing with the idea that I am being seduced by evil spirits. The extra scrutiny is useful.

Gary

I thought you might see it that way. :30: surprise! I don't

How do u consider pride? excessive self-esteem? conceit even? a company of lions?

What I believe that verse is describing (when consulting the lexicon and various commentaries) is not pride

but rather what any person would do on a day to day basis...I am not proud when I make a great many decisions

As the NT tells us to walk in the spirit (according to the word because the word is a light on our path) it would agree

with the verse from Proverbs and that is NOT a pride issue

Regarding your comments on seducing spirits: get over yourself. YOU are the one who keeps posting about the day

of reckoning that will be upon us.....yes I know the date....so, unless you would like a following of blind and deaf

worshipers, you should learn to deal with the critiques. You may never even if all comes true.

The mystery continues...biting my tongue and biding my time ... giving you the benefit of believing my plain words are

not meant to hurt

I have become very sensitive to the spiritual realm

Are you the only one do you think? Is that some kind of letter of introduction or something?

I'm not being sarcastic.

I simply marvel at how you 'see' me. Why you choose to react to what I say in the manner you do. You 'see' me as proud that is for sure. Telling me to get over myself when I am simply trying to obey that which is teaching me and reporting what is given unto me. Asking me if I think I am the only one when I explain to another that I have become in tune to the spiritual realm. Your line of questioning is understood and you can continue to be my critic as much as you feel led by God to do so. Do what seems good to you. But you might want to assess the way that your assessing me as your conclusions are always directed to seeing me as prideful when I don't think that I am anything special at all. I believe that that which I have been experiencing is more like a curse than a blessing. As I read Solomon's writings I become more aware at just how much pain comes with wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

We should probably agree to disagree here and move on. You don't think the verse is related to pride but I do. One of us is wrong and the seeds have been sewn. We ought to sit back and wait for God to give the increase. If it were me who couldn't see the truth it wouldn't be the first time as I have had God turn on a light for me quite a few times. But if that is the case I cannot see what your saying as truth at this time. No amount of back and forth is going to change that if it be true but only if God gives the increase. God must command the light to shine in darkness. Thanks for trying to enlighten me.

Gary