HEAVEN IS REAL - A doctor's experience of the afterlife

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Their is not scriptural support for NDE's.Satan is always ready to cause deception and twist our thinking.Even Satan can disguise  himself as an angel.I think it is a strong statement to say that all NDE's are fake but I still have serious concerns.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I'm always wary of NDEs. There may be something in them, but I prefer to stay clear of them or at the very least take them with an enormous bucket of salt!

I've listened to this doctor, saw an interview where he described what he believed he "saw." 

I'm told to test all things, and as Scripture is our final authority as truth is concerned, I am not able to say that what he says lines up with Scripture, so, this is deception of which we have been warned about.  Someone said earlier, Satan can show himself as an anel of light, yes, very true. 

I may be wrong but I'm thinking that only two people were able to experience what heaven was like.  And one, Paul, could not write down what he saw as words were not adequate.  John, wrote what he saw, and we have the book of Revelation. 

Now, for me to believe that what this doctor saw, I must come to the conclusion that Scripture is not sufficient for what I believe to be true.  I'm led to believe that I need his testimony as well.  And that, goes against everything I believe.  I'll stick with what the bible has to say about heaven, and that's good enough for me.

I understand that those who lean toward experiential faith, will embrace this man and what he says.  As this is not a matter of an essential doctrine of salvation, I'll just state what I believe about this doctor's testimony. 

God bless yall,

Randal

I know their are incidents when some people are dieing they say that they see Heaven or Jesus.Their have even been people who have said the opposite and have seen horrible things when they are dieing but these are different from NDE's.These people die.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

Heaven is real because God in the Bible says it is------- it is so dangerous to base any belief on someone's extra-biblical experience

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

Heaven is real because God in the Bible says it is------- it is so dangerous to base any belief on someone's extra-biblical experience

Absolutely, wd.  We are to believe the Word and remain skeptical of the word of man.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It is the foundation of all that I believe in.  I believe in God, and my belief is real, therefore, for me, Heaven is also very real.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

There is an article in the October 15th issue of Newsweek titled as the above. Please read what he has to say and let's discuss.

HEAVEN IS REAL

many I have read are similar. some I have read seem more believable than this one.

• 2 weeks later...

People want evidence of God and Heaven.They want to see before they believe.That is not what Faith is all about.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

People want evidence of God and Heaven.They want to see before they believe.That is not what Faith is all about.

Yes , if their story does not match the word it can not be true. I read one nde of a young lady and she claims to have had a conversation with Jesus

however she said their are more than one way to heaven I knew right then her story did not match the word.