GoldenEagle

De-Evolution of Culture Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe homosexuality is morally wrong?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you believe that people living together before marriage is a sin?

• Yes.
    • No.
  3. 3. Do you believe that spouses should be faithful to one another and not commit adultery?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

I propose the following consequences are the result of de-volution of cultures due to sin...

Summary of Sin's Progression in a Culture:

1. Mankind rejected God’s truth.

2. Not only that but we have suppressed God’s truth and followed after unrighteousness.

3. Because of Mankind’s rejection of truth we fell into idolatry.

4. This leads to fornication and adultery in heterosexual relationships.

5. This is the classic example of the consequences of men not being spiritual leaders in their homes, in the Church, and in society at large.

6. Marriage is no longer valued. So...

7. This then leads to unnatural relations between women.

8. This then leads to unnatural relations between men.

9. God allowed mankind to have a degraded mind and be consumed by all sort of sin.

Is this the case in the U.S. today and abroad?

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

Edited by GoldenEagle

True. GOD has allowed this to happen to every civilization throughout our history.

So why are people (especially Christians) so surprised that fornication, adultery, and homosexuality are prevalent in today's culture? I'm not excusing it. I am curious though.

Edited by GoldenEagle

Why are you asking that question? That's two threads that are asking why Christians are shocked by the sin of the world

Seriously, why?

If you believe the news and reports, Christians are quite busy doing those very things. I say Christians only because that is what

they call themselves...although there are some who actually are and fallen into sin (like David)

Once again, one is in the Inner Court restricted to Believers. This one is in the Outer Court to encompass non-Believers as well. ;) I'd just like to get both perspectives.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Oh ~ sorry...I'll be more careful next time. :b: got rid of it

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

True. GOD has allowed this to happen to every civilization throughout our history.

So why are people (especially Christians) so surprised that fornication, adultery, and homosexuality are prevalent in today's culture? I'm not excusing it. I am curious though.

I would surmise that people have turned away from the truth and toward a means of trying to all live together in peace (Emergent Church), or they embrace the Post-Modern train of thought, or they have embraced leftism. Some have even turned a deaf ear to the Holy Spirit, maybe without even realizing it. Many today, who call themselves Christians, do believe in Christ, but asking them a question about scripture brings forth all but scripture. Not all, but a majority of Christians have begone reading all the "other" books that pertain to scripture without really studying scripture, so they walk away with the understanding of the person who wrote the book they just read and not the bible itself.

My personal belief is because they don't take the Bible literally.

I agree Parker. This is a natural progression as no one civilization can remain in power for an unlimited time.

I would surmise that people have turned away from the truth and toward a means of trying to all live together in peace (Emergent Church), or they embrace the Post-Modern train of thought, or they have embraced leftism. Some have even turned a deaf ear to the Holy Spirit, maybe without even realizing it. Many today, who call themselves Christians, do believe in Christ, but asking them a question about scripture brings forth all but scripture. Not all, but a majority of Christians have begun reading all the "other" books that pertain to scripture without really studying scripture, so they walk away with the understanding of the person who wrote the book they just read and not the bible itself.

Good reasons OneLight: Universal/Emergent Church, Post-Modern train of thought, or liberalism…

I agree “Christians” today know very little about the Bible. It seems Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, etc. often know more than the average Christian.

I think also there is a pertinent idea that since Jesus didn’t directly condemn homosexuality we should, in love, approve of such relationships. This of course doesn’t taken into Scripture as a whole.

My personal belief is because they don't take the Bible literally.

Right. And then often want to dispel the teachings of Paul as he is labeled a bigot.

But what about those who are not Christians? How do you view the OP?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

There are even species which are 100% homosexual.

Ciao

- viole

Okay. I'll admit that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

But . . . how does that work?

:emot-questioned:

Blessings!

-Ed

But what about those who are not Christians? How do you view the OP?

How do I view the OP?

Well, you use a lot of words (God's truth, righteousness, degraded minds, spiritual leaders, idolatry, sin, etc.) which have no value or meaning to me.

What you call sin, I call human nature. For instance, homosexuality always existed, independently of cultures or belief in God. And if you insist in calling it unnatural, you should be aware that in nature homosexuality is widely spread. There are even species which are 100% homosexual.

But that does not mean that all humans are closet homosexuals or bisexuals waiting for a moral relax in the society to "choose" to sin.

For instance, since I left God, I did not feel any increase in interest in engaging in homosexual acts. Some people have this interest, some don't. So, calling it a choice to sin, looks a bit absurd. Only a closet homosexual or bisexual has this choice, obviously.

As concerns my country, the church of Sweden is happy to celebrate gay marriages, so it is not a big deal here. I would be more concerned for the widespread violence and weapons than for what consenting adults make in their bedroom.

And I am not sure that marriage is not valued, anymore. If you were right, those gay people would not make such a fuss to get married, LOL.

Ciao

- viole

Viole,

Thanks the response!

While the words are mine however this is taken chronologically straight from Romans 1:18-32.

Do you not think that this is what has caused the decline of civilizations over the centuries?

6. {Biblical} Marriage is no longer valued. So...

Re: Marriage not being valued… In context, I should clarify that I meant Biblical marriage – the covenant relationship between one woman and one man.

I would be interested to understanding some of the reasons you left God?