IGNORED

There is no Faith vs. Science

leoxiii

Because they are perfectly aware that Christianity has no way to survive in a changing world where science is so highly respected, where secularism and naturalism are occupying academia and are becoming the standard Zeitgeist for the next intellectual elite. Stopping people of faith to argument scientifically, logically and philosophically in order to defend faith, is intellectual suicide, in my opinion. You have no way to win the newest generations by doing that, I am afraid.....

Suicide

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

Is The Way Of The Lie

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12

And To Hang Your Heart On Science So Called

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

Is The Way Of The Fool

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalms 14:1

Be Wise

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2

And Be Blessed Beloved

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

Love. Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

There is a virus that has the ability to imitate behavior in order to deceive antibodies. None of these things could possibly work without an incredible amount of logic being in place. So approaching

this from a scientific point of view we can only come to the conclusion that it has been designed. Programs do not program themselves. If they did I would be out of business, since I work as a

software developer.

Well, first of all, happy new year!

This is an interesting point, althought I am not sure we analyzed the logical consequences of it. Let's suppose, for sake of argument, that the natural design recursion stops at our world. That is, design of living beings and viruses on earth are due to supernatural intervention and not aliens.

The question is: who designed such a complex and intelligent virus? I can only see the following alternatives:

1) it is the same designer of human beings, e.g. God. But that would mean that God had active hand in making this world (with things like smallpox) a fallen world. I think we can agree that this is theologically untenable, if we are the sole responsibles of our misery.

2) it is another designer in competition with God. I doubt this is is acceptable. It would mean that there are two creative forces with more or less the same power and we and viruses are the results of an arm race between these two designers. For starters, it is not clear why God does not simply remove the virus from creation instead of complicating our design with countermeasures (antibodies). As a sofware designer, what would you do? Create countermeasures for a bug in your programs, or remove the bug? On top of that, that would be indistinguishable from dualism (two equally powerful gods, one good and the other evil, in the style of Zoroastrianism). To make things even worse, good and evil would be design dependent. God is good for us, but His competion is good for the virus; i.e. goodness would be anthropocentric.

3) Nobody designed the virus. But that would mean that complex and "intelligent" entities can arise undesigned.

Which of the three cases (assuming I did not forget other cases) is more plausible?

Ciao

- viole

you know what , atheist have a lot more faith than believers do. you have to be blind and ignorant to not see designs and order among the universe. also I do not see how a person can believe that everything was made out of nothing and I doubt many of the so called intellectuals even understand the theory of A self created universe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

This thread is closed for review. It may or may not be re-opened.

God bless,

GE