arunangelo

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2

Jesus was wounded for our transgressions, was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole, and with his stripes we are healed. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth (Isaiah 53: 5 &7). Furthermore, during his suffering and death he forgave his persecutors (Luke 23:34); and was concerned about the suffering that would come upon us rather than his own suffering (Luke 23:28). We too must love one another as he has loved us; quietly bear each other’s burdens; forgive without any limit and bind each other’s wounds.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Jesus was wounded for our transgressions, was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole, and with his stripes we are healed. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth (Isaiah 53: 5 &7). Furthermore, during his suffering and death he forgave his persecutors (Luke 23:34); and was concerned about the suffering that would come upon us rather than his own suffering (Luke 23:28). We too must love one another as he has loved us; quietly bear each other’s burdens; forgive without any limit and bind each other’s wounds.

Amen!

Also, let us remember humility, as Believers we are heirs of God with Christ. (Philippians 2:3; 1 Peter 5:5, Romans 8:17) Remember we are to seek restoration with a spirit of gentleness. (Galatians 6:1) We are to be kind and tenderhearted to one another. (Ephesians 5:32)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Absolutely. But how do you go about doing that?

I usually start by trying to understand the motives the person had who offended me. Sometimes I can see this quickly, but often it takes days or longer. Usually the person is feeling hurt himself and that's why he hurt me. Sometimes the person has such a great physical need that he felt he had to steal something from me. With cases like this, I find forgiveness is easy.

But then there are times when I think the person is just someone who's mean. I think some people are so far from the grace,mercy and knowledge of God, that they have adopted an attitude and lifestyle where they enjoy doing harm to others. But God says I still have to forgive that person. I think some are so insecure within themselves that the only way they can feel even a little secure is by being mean and pounding on everyone else. Forgiveness is hard in those cases and I just have to tell myself that person "knows no better". Which still makes it a little bit easier.

But what if I know the person does know better. I can't see where he needs anything from me, and if he feels hurt or insecure, I can't figure out how or in what way. Then what? I don't have a good answer because I'm not perfect.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Hello arunangelo,

In reply to your question "How to forgive"?

That is a very good question to ask because nobody can go through this life without being a victim of some kind of wrongdoing from others to them. Because it is going to happen to each of us somewhere along the line. There are horrid and devastating stories that have happened to people. You can't help thinking "how can I forgive the awful and hurtful things that has been done to me"? The thoughts in the heart might say, "what they did to me is unforgiveable" or "I'll never forget what they done" or "I hope they will rot in hell for what they did to me". There are many thoughts and feelings that will run throughout a persons heart and mind. Coming from the people who done you wrong whether those wrongs were little things or of the most horrid of things.

We have to look to Jesus for answers who is the author and finisher of our faith. We are to keep our focus on Jesus who is to be our guide for he is our only perfect example to follow. When a person forgives they have to not only forgive but they have to also forget. This is what Christ Jesus actually did towards us he forgave our tresspasses and sins and remembered them no more he wiped our slat clean didn't he. No longer being held accountable for past sins we've commited and done.

I believe that is how we are also to forgive the wrong doings that other people has done to us. Forgive and forget what they done to us we wipe their slat clean. The tresspasses and sins that others have done to us "We No Longer" hold them accountable for what they've done to us "We Let It Go". When we do that we release our wrath in so doing we leave that to God. For God has said, "Vengance Is Mine Saith The Lord I will repay". By forgiving others we are allowing God to handle the matter and we "place heaping coals of fire upon their heads". Meaning the judgement of God is upon them if they do not repent and ask for forgiveness of their sins.

I'm not saying this will always be an easy path to take and follow but that path will always lead to our own forgiveness and liberty. As we forgive God will forgives and sets us free from our sins. I believe that it is important for us to realize and understand the great sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf. Jesus by giving his own body endured the suffering on the cross gave his own life's blood to cover over our sins not holding them against us any longer. It was our sins that made us guilty before God but Jesus was innocent he neither sinned or tresspassed against us but he took our sins upon himself dying in our place.that we might live. I hope this helps.blessings

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

How to forgive: See John chapter 21. Restoration.

Gary

I agree it's all about reconciliation (restoration). Taking the thing (in this case unforgiveness) out of the way because unforgiveness will cause broken fellowship with the Lord seperating us from the love of God. Because our sin will condemn us before God so we can not approach God with a good conscious and ask what we will.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

:amen:

May I place the perfect companion with this you have written

Jn 15:13-15

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call

you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have

called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

NKJV

as Jesus in His Life so now in ours... A glory Holy unto His Own :) Love, Steven

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

I had a hard time forgiving my ex, I daily would tell God I forgive him of all that he had done to me.

But, then many times I would talk about him again, to my family. So, I was not sincere in forgiving him.

Til one day, I was in prayer, and I told God this ... "God I forgive him because ,... I want to see him go to heaven, also."

God knows if we truely forgive others , with a sincere heart.

It can be a really hard thing for some people to forgive in general. Memories of the wrong that was done to us can absolutely bring flashbacks, hate, anger, bitterness etc., into our spirit once again. Of course Satan likes to stir up the pot by bringing up those unforgiving feelings that we once held down in our heart towards the one(s) that wounded and hurt us in someway or another. It is for sure we will have memories of the those thing(s) that happened to us. There are no magic eraser that can be used to rub out those bad memories. So what can a person do? Again we have to look to Jesus for an example of forgiveness of sins against us he "forgave & forgot. So whenever Satan brings those things back up into our minds trying to get us to slip back into unforgiveness, bitterness etc., we too must forgive & forget. No matter how many times those bad feelings and memories come back into our minds we may have to forgive and forget all over again and again if need be. In order for us to continue walking in the light of God's love we have to just "let it go".

Peter asked Jesus once "How oft shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him"? Peter then asked "Till seven times"? Of course that sounded like a reasonable number of times Peter thought was enough to forgive someone. But then Jesus told Peter, "I say NOT unto thee until SEVEN times - BUT until SEVENTY times SEVEN".

Jesus here was telling Peter not only seven times but seventy x seven in other words over and over again if need be. For those who want to be technical about it 70 x 7 = 490 times we are to forgive those who sin against us. After this Jesus began to teach what he meant about forgiveness giving an example in the parable that followed. You can read about this in...............

Matthew 18: 21 - 36