nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

That and God hates divorce. Marriage must be seen as a covenant between man/woman and God and eachother. A covenant is not like a contract, it was never meant to be broken.

It's interesting that a lot of people like to use that verse and fail to acknowledge the fact that God DOES allow divorce for adultery and desertion. Why is that?

That is simple enough. God hates sin, ans the reasons He allows divorce for adultery is because it is a sin. Divorcing for desertion is new to me. Where is that found in scripture?

Isn't desertion considered a type of divorce? It is the putting away of, right? I know Cobalt touched on it in another thread on marriage where I spoke of my wife having left our home to live elsewhere.

Is it? I have not found this in scripture. What if someone is taken away on business a lot? Are they considered deserting their family? What about those in the service? What about those who go to make a new start for their family? Too many marriages have been ended by this train of thought. I don't fine it biblical. I see this as an escape of an uncomfortable situation.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I'm sorry to hear that, gdemoss; i don't think i could guess what it would be like if my husband did that to me. well done for continuing to pray for her! i pray God gives you a special blessing form His storehouse. have you ever challenged her about her faith, or confronted her on why she has allowed herself to be deceived?

Thank you for the prayers, they are appreciated. Having a conversation with her is near impossible. She does not participate in the discussions except it be through much provocation and it borders on pushing for unhealthy debate and strife. I am simply trusting in God to work in her life to bring her to the truth as he has worked with me. It is wonderful that God does not need me to be part of the solution by confronting her about that which is error in her thinking. A prophet is not without honor save in his own country. Sometimes we must wait for God to bring the source of truth from a far.

That and God hates divorce. Marriage must be seen as a covenant between man/woman and God and eachother. A covenant is not like a contract, it was never meant to be broken.

It's interesting that a lot of people like to use that verse and fail to acknowledge the fact that God DOES allow divorce for adultery and desertion. Why is that?

That is simple enough. God hates sin, ans the reasons He allows divorce for adultery is because it is a sin. Divorcing for desertion is new to me. Where is that found in scripture?

Isn't desertion considered a type of divorce? It is the putting away of, right? I know Cobalt touched on it in another thread on marriage where I spoke of my wife having left our home to live elsewhere.

Is it? I have not found this in scripture. What if someone is taken away on business a lot? Are they considered deserting their family? What about those in the service? What about those who go to make a new start for their family? Too many marriages have been ended by this train of thought. I don't fine it biblical. I see this as an escape of an uncomfortable situation.

Alan, I am speaking on behalf of those who have personally chosen to abandon their place in the home and move away. I hope you understand that. I call the desertion a divorce in and of itself.

Having ones spouse 'away' for some practical reason and choosing to call it abandonment is a whole other thing. I would not agree with such a position.

For God marriage is clearly a covenant between one man and one woman. Anything other than this is outside of God's plan. Many people pushing for other forms of marriage point to the polygamy practiced in the Old Testament. I like to point back that none of those worked out well, all had issues and problems.

Paul pointed out that even one would have issues...heh.

1Cr 7:28 But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.

I can't even imagine trying to deal with more than one...*sigh*

For God marriage is clearly a covenant between one man and one woman. Anything other than this is outside of God's plan. Many people pushing for other forms of marriage point to the polygamy practiced in the Old Testament. I like to point back that none of those worked out well, all had issues and problems.

Paul pointed out that even one would have issues...heh.

1Cr 7:28 But and if thou marry, thou hast not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.

I can't even imagine trying to deal with more than one...*sigh*

amen brother. and you are in our prayers, I have been through something like this many years ago and I know the pain it causes. God will see you through, just dont make the mistake I did and blame God and spend a time as the prodigal son

No. I don't blame God. Even if it is of his direct doing, which could be possible, he does not do anything except it be for the purpose of causing me to grow in maturity and faith in him. I simply don't question his motives for either causing or simply allowing that which to happen to happen but seek to only trust him more. I love the grace of his Spirit poured out upon us that we might bear all that we must go through. Imagine the measure of the Spirit Paul had to go through all he did with such grace. God is good regardless of what my life looks like. I still have joy in Him.