• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

(if I put this in the wrong board, feel free to move it. Just let me know where you moved it to)

In the OT when the ancient Jews slaughtered and sacrificed an animal, was the meat of the animal eaten, or did it just burn up until there was nothing left but ashes? Even if it was eaten by slaves, or even the other animals the people kept, at least it was used for something. I can understand where grain offerings or wine offering may have been wasted. But since I'm talking about ancient times, where most things were scarce, it's problematic to me that an all good and all loving God would have the people waste what little resources they had. Now I realize there may have been some exceptions to this where God made them waste a resource to drive home the point that they had committed a terrible sin. So I'm not talking so much about sin offerings, but the daily sacrifice. Maybe the priests ate it because they had no land or animals of their own?

I read the OT a very long time ago and only re read Proverbs, Psalms and certain sections of Genesis, Daniel and other books. But I never reread the whole OT. That's why I'm so ill informed about this.

I am going somewhere with this. But first I need to be more certain of my facts.

John

.... In the OT when the ancient Jews slaughtered and sacrificed an animal, was the meat of the animal eaten....

:thumbsup:

They Are The Same Folk Yesterday, Today

For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. Deuteronomy 7:6

And Tomorrow

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: Romans 11:22

With The God That Was And Is And Will Always Be

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:7-8

And There Is A Feast That Was And Is

Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.

And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. Exodus 12:5-10

And Will Be.... Forever

And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever. Exodus 12:14

~

What!

You Thought Israelis Were Vegan? Been Eating Too Much Chickpea Paste Huh :24::24::24:

I read the OT a very long time ago and only re read Proverbs, Psalms and certain sections of Genesis, Daniel and other books. But I never reread the whole OT. That's why I'm so ill informed about this.

I am going somewhere with this. But first I need to be more certain of my facts.

John

I would encourage you to read through the OT when you get the chance. I hadn't read through the whole thing for years, but was reminded of a lot of things I'd forgotten. The NT makes much more sense after a refresh on the OT! :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

It depends on the sacrifice. Some offerings were completely consumed by fire, while others were allowed to be eaten.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Jeremiah 7

22 5 In speaking to your fathers on the day I brought them out of the land of Egypt, I gave them no command concerning holocaust or sacrifice.

23 This rather is what I commanded them: Listen to my voice; then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Walk in all the ways that I command you, so that you may prosper.

24 But they obeyed not, nor did they pay heed. They walked in the hardness of their evil hearts and turned their backs, not their faces, to me.

25 From the day that your fathers left the land of Egypt even to this day, I have sent you untiringly all my servants the prophets.

Psalms 40

How numerous, O LORD, my God, you have made your wondrous deeds! And in your plans for us there is none to equal you. Should I wish to declare or tell them, too many are they to recount.

3 sacrifice and offering you do not want; but ears open to obedience you gave me. Holocausts and sin-offerings you do not require;

so I said, "Here I am; your commands for me are written in the scroll.