• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,707
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I understand what your saying but I actually disagree. I don't think God ever will give us more then we can handle-and he will give us help in temptation, if we choose to accept it. The Bible is full of examples of people who followed God who were given trials-Job for example, was literally squashed-everything was taken away, family, fortune, everything, his own wife cursed him. Most people would fall into temptation and curse God-Job did not. He was strong enough to handle it, and He did. Now, lets go to king Saul. He had everything-wealth, family, yet fell into temptation, and let his pride and jealousy ruin him. He could have chosen not to, but he didnt.

That verse applies a lot more then just the people it was originally intended, about their temptations, it applies to all of us. God wont let us take on more then we can handle. But that doesnt mean we wont choose to drop the ball. Just because we can handle it doesnt mean we will, and yes, God does like to push the boundaries-because it helps increase how much we can handle. And often, we don't realize just how much we can handle until we face the trial. But God will always give us a way out-it may not even be on this earth, it may be in heaven, but God will always deliver those who are faithful to Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

You know, going through what you have to say, I do understand it, but I also disagree. Yes, the verses in the song I posted link to that passage, and its talking about temptation, but I don't think it was applying just to the people there about that specific temptation, I think its about all temptation-I don't believe that God will ever give us so much temptation, or lead us anywhere in life, where there isn’t a way out. You bring up a good point, yes God likes to break us down-and yes we face trials and tribulations, but we are never without an escape.

Lets look at some examples.

Job, Job was completely broken down-all his wealth, family everything was taken from him, his own wife cursed him. This is the point where most people would fall into temptation, and curse God, yet Job remained faithful, he stuck to it, and God rewarded him for it, He was not in a situation he could not escape.

King Saul. Saul, had it all-kingdom, riches, family. Yet, he chose to fall into the temptations of pride, and jealousy, and they ultimately became his downfall. So did King David, but unlike Saul, King David came back to God, and Saul did not. Saul had the option to remain strong, yet chose not to.

Just because we always have the choice to remain faithful, and an avenue of escape, doesn’t mean we always take it, in fact, being human, we often choose not to.

But God is faithful-if we follow him, He will always deliver us-it maybe on this earth, it maybe in heaven, but He always will, and that is what that passage says to me. And I think that song I posted, proclaims that message loud and clear.

I agree the passage in 1 Cor. 10:13 is about temptation. And yes it can apply to all temptation. But it doesn’t apply to hardships, challenges, or storms in life. Do you agree?

God breaks us down to build us up in the image of His Son.

God rewarded Job in the end with a double portion of what he had originally before God allowed Job to be tested. But God didn’t have to do that did He? If God had not given Job all that He gave him in the end would God still be just?

Saul had the kingdom taken away from him because of disobedience (1 Sam. 15). David was punished by God for his sin by saying the sword would never depart his house (2 Sam. 12:10) and also that there would be adversity in his own house. (2 Sam. 12:11) Sin has consequences as illustrated by these two kings. We all will sin in this life even as Christians. (Rom. 3:23) Do you agree?

While I agree the song is great I question the theology of the chorus. If one is not familiar with the Scriptures one might say that God will not allow His children to suffer trials or tribulations more than they can bare. This is simply not the case. God allows people to go through tough times in order to turn their hearts to Him. Tough storms in life strengthen our character (James 1:2-4) and allows us to experience God in a new way to reveal His will. (Matthew 14:22-33)

I understand what your saying but I actually disagree. I don't think God ever will give us more then we can handle-and he will give us help in temptation, if we choose to accept it. The Bible is full of examples of people who followed God who were given trials-Job for example, was literally squashed-everything was taken away, family, fortune, everything, his own wife cursed him. Most people would fall into temptation and curse God-Job did not. He was strong enough to handle it, and He did. Now, lets go to king Saul. He had everything-wealth, family, yet fell into temptation, and let his pride and jealousy ruin him. He could have chosen not to, but he didnt.

That verse applies a lot more then just the people it was originally intended, about their temptations, it applies to all of us. God wont let us take on more then we can handle. But that doesnt mean we wont choose to drop the ball. Just because we can handle it doesnt mean we will, and yes, God does like to push the boundaries-because it helps increase how much we can handle. And often, we don't realize just how much we can handle until we face the trial. But God will always give us a way out-it may not even be on this earth, it may be in heaven, but God will always deliver those who are faithful to Him.

Is this a duplicate post? I agree that the verse again deals with temptation. It is not a free pass for Christians to not have any trials, tribulations, or storms (difficulties) in life. Agree?

I agree God always gives us a way out. But sometimes He uses bad things to accomplish His purposes. Do you agree? Joseph ran from Potiphar’s wife, honored his master, and honored God. (Gen 39:12) However, Joseph was accused unjustly by the woman to her husband of defiling her. (Gen 39:19) Joseph, an innocent man, was put into prison. (Gen 39:20) But God had a plan to give Joseph a great position of power to make Egypt great. (Gen 41:39-49) More importantly to preserve the family for Israel as well as the restoration of Joseph to his brothers. (Gen 45:3-8)

As Paul writes in Romans:

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

God rewarded Job in the end with a double portion of what he had originally before God allowed Job to be tested. But God didn’t have to do that did He? If God had not given Job all that He gave him in the end would God still be just?

How about Job's kids???

How about Job's kids???

God allowed this did He not? (Job 1:12) God did not kill them. Did the children deserve to die? Were they not sinful? Yes and yes. (Rom. 3:23) We all deserve death but for Christ. ( Rom. 6:23) Yes. But God is Sovereign is He not? (Rom. 9:15) Yes. Was God unjust in allowing the death of the children? No. (Rom. 9:14-18)

Roman 9:14-18

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! 15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.”[f]16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Did the children deserve to die? Were they not sinful? Yes and yes.

Well the scripture you post tells us that all of us are sinful...... even Job. So where does scripture tell us that Job's kids were so sinful they deserved death to prove a point.

Don't want to make a big deal of it, but it's just been something that's bugged me my whole life.

Did the children deserve to die? Were they not sinful? Yes and yes.

Well the scripture you post tells us that all of us are sinful...... even Job. So where does scripture tell us that Job's kids were so sinful they deserved death to prove a point.

Don't want to make a big deal of it, but it's just been something that's bugged me my whole life.

We are all sinners (Rom. 3:23) and DESERVE to die. (Rom. 6:23) So Job's children deserved to die - of old age, plague, fire, earthquake, marauders, whatever. God simply allowed it to happen in Job's earlier years. The greater question isn't why God allows people to die. The greater question is why God allows people to live and adopts them (Romans 8:17) into His family wouldn't you agree? I think we're focusing on the wrong character. The more important question is why did God allow Job to live?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Jesus bore the punishment we deserved, there is no more refiner fire, or dross doctrine. We don't have to pay the price as they did, we don't have to die as they did.

The words of Jesus appear in red in many children's Bibles. Yours, are not the words of Jesus

Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

Col 1:24

I fully expected a crass putdown from you as your habit is to attack the person rather than discuss the subject. You do not seem able to diffrentiate

between your own ego and what the Bible actually states.

Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Rom 8:17

For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. II Cor 1:5

sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything. II Cor 6:10

Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory. II Tim 2:10

The gospel that Christians do not suffer is not in the Bible. The verse above state the opposite of what you say.,

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

Revelation 6

Do you have words of derision for those people also Mike or perhaps you think if only they had a little more faith God would

have spared them? You do not know the difference between God refining and God punishing.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Deep breath everyone. And a little introspection.

God Bless....

I want to understand God’s Word not take truth to mean anyone’s experience or opinions.

I also found it very offensive how you addressed yourself as a “big dog” and seven as a kitten (baby cat). Do you think yourself superior to others on this forum or thread? Perhaps it is because you have “brother” in front of your name? We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. There are no super Christians and regular Christians. There are Christians and on-Christians.

Before that though you accused me of having man-made theology. You ask me to rethink my theology and man-made theology. When I responded in post 9 and more precisely 13 you simply ignored me. You instead went off on tangents. You seem to want to discuss the things you want to discuss without addressing those who make counter arguments to your "opinions" on God's Word.

As to what you DID address. Labeled F & G…

F. Re: Refiner’s Fire – I believe Seveneas addressed this quite well in post #36. You had no response to Psalm 66:10 (As Gentiles we are grafted into Israel as God’s people), Isiah 48:10 (Sometimes God allows bad things to happen to people to call I. to strengthen our character and bring us closer to Him, II. to teach us a lesson about God's will, III. to Experience God in a new way - see post #10 on this thread), Zec. 13:9, Mal 3:3 (Are our lives not supposed to be a sweet aroma of living sacrifices to God? - Rom. 12:1).

God refines us and breaks us. Does a potter not mold or make the clay to his design? Does God not sometimes “break” things off from our lives that are against His Word or Will?

Isaiah 64:8

But now, O Lord, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand.

Are we to question God how He made us or to what purpose He made us?

Romans 9:19-20

19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” 20 On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it?

Why does God allow us to go through difficulties? Because He wants us to trust in His grace and His power is made known in our weakness.

2 Cor. 12:8
"My grace is enough for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.”

H. Re: Prosperity gospel – I agree God wants us to be joyful givers and to give towards things that have eternal value. However, there is nothing in Scripture that says God will bless us with material things and life will be easy. Sorry.

Job 36:11 was in reference to God’s promise to those who obey him.

Rom. 8:32 is in reference to all what we need. NOT what we want. (Phil 4:19)

So what is the problem if your broke all the time? The problem is you. You can't serve God, do as he asked to do and stay broke. Unless you despise that he will multiply what you have sown. You can't reap, what you did not sow, you must cast the bread on the water for it to return. Many want to reap, what they have not sown, many want blessed though they don't obey.

This is spiritual abuse underlined. It is the heart of the matter with the prosperity gospel and is very hurtful when God does not answer as we’d like Him to. It’s one thing if you have no budget and spend more than you make. But there are times that God simply does not. I find this highly offensive considering what LOVE SONGS posted earlier. There is nothing wrong with LOVE SONGS faith God has simply chosen to bless her differently than she would like. Of course from what I’ve read in the “Speaking in Tongues” thread you don’t believe that God can say “No.”

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

So here I sit in my computer chair staring at all that has been said above. I'm coughing and congested. I just finished a full day of work because I cannot take anymore time off. I had to stop and pick up something for dinner because my wife had to take my son to a doctor appointment two hours away and needs my support. I rebuked the sickness and reminded it that Jesus bore it upon the tree but it did not listen because I don't have enough faith to make it leave. And I am having financial difficulty and come here simply to find out that one cannot be broke and serve God.

To anyone who would be so cruel to suggest such hurtful things and cast doubt upon anothers faith, I simply sit with Job and reply:

Job 16:2 I have heard many such things: miserable comforters [are] ye all.

This topic hits really close to home for me these days as I have had a lot placed upon my plate, the Lord asking me to continue in faith though things don't look real good. And all I find myself wanting to do is come home and study 1 Cor 13 so that I can respond appropriately to the things that are happening around me, being the example to the others who are going through them with me. God is love and gives us what we need. Unfortunately sometimes that looks like a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to beat on us to keep us from getting lifted up in pride due to all that has been revealed unto us. No matter what the case, we need to comfort one another and not seek to tear each other down saying hurtful things like you just don't have enough faith or aren't serving God so your broke. Let each esteem others better than self.

Anyone got a cough drop or the gift of healing they might like to lay hands on a poor sick brother and heal?

Gary