• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Awful as this was (May the Lord be of comfort +) I feel obligated to point out that some 1.5 million Americans legally own guitars, while 65 million Americans legally own guns.

On this same day, 65 million gun owners did not kill anyone.

Statistical analysis indicates we should take guitars away from people, not guns!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Awful as this was (May the Lord be of comfort +) I feel obligated to point out that some 1.5 million Americans legally own guitars, while 65 million Americans legally own guns.

On this same day, 65 million gun owners did not kill anyone.

Statistical analysis indicates we should take guitars away from people, not guns!

Apples and oranges. Guitars are created for music. Guns are created to kill.

Apples and oranges. Guitars are created for music. Guns are created to kill.

Bogus. And not apples to oranges since today legal gun owners killed no one. Maybe someone should tell them they aren't using their guns right. The above statement cracks me up every time someone uses it. Guns were created as a defensive tool. I take it you believe in gun control?

Absolutely. We can surely see how people can run amok, and with a gun easily accessed, the potential devastation is endless. People cannot control anything apart from the accountability they provide themselves in government. Is it perfect? Nope. But only a fool can say that men can be trusted to be responsible with a firearm. Strict regulations are needed, and availablilty of all sorts of weapons needs to be restricted.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,674
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

interesting, how a guy is beaten to death with a guitar, and people are automatically going to gun control. The two are not related. Maybe you should be voting to ban the guitar. just saying, if you want to blame the weapon, then logically, the gun is innocent here, the guitar is the guilty party, and one shouldn't be a hypocrite and blame the gun. I propose an immediate ban on assault guitars, we all know comman man cannot be trusted with such a deadly weapon.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

This thread is yet another case study in the distorted 'reasoning' and intellectual contortions the gun-grabbers will go through.......

interesting, how a guy is beaten to death with a guitar, and people are automatically going to gun control. The two are not related. Maybe you should be voting to ban the guitar. just saying, if you want to blame the weapon, then logically, the gun is innocent here, the guitar is the guilty party, and one shouldn't be a hypocrite and blame the gun. I propose an immediate ban on assault guitars, we all know comman man cannot be trusted with such a deadly weapon.

The weapon is not the "guilty party"! :duh:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

:thumbsup:

All

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

Interesting take Joe, How do we know it wasn't judgment?

1 Crointhians 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

:thumbsup:

~

Yes

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Thessalonians 5:9

And Amen

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:10-12

Another good observation but no way to know which it was. There are as many ways to point to judgment as there are to the possibility of persecution but in the end I must admit I don't know. Either way prayer and comfort for all who were affected or involved is first order.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

you are not alone you are in our prayers.......In the time of trouble He shall hide me in his pavilion Ps 27-5

The weapon is not the "guilty party"! :duh:

If the weapon is not the guilty party, then why are you saying that "Guns were created to kill?"

What kind of a question is that? You can't shovel snow with a gun, or do anything else with one apart from shooting to cause death.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,674
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

thats the part I really dont get. People assume 2 things, that the only reason to own a gun, is to kill people. I own multiple firearms. I also shoot regularly. and 90% of what I shoot, is incapable of being killed. By that I mean theyre paper targets and pop cans. which means, out of every 100 bullets I fire, 90 dont kill a thing. the 10 that do, I eat. Thats right, I eat. Im sorry, I like deer, and wild turkey. But thats not people, those are animals, and for those that are against hunting, well killing a deer is no different then a slaughterhouse that kills cows-except the deer, has a chance of escape, the cows don't. Not a single round from any of my guns, has ever even threatened to hit a human Being. And thats true of like 90% or more of all gun owners out there. So, thats mistaken assumption number 1.

The second thing people assume, that if a person owns a gun, then they intend to shoot someone, that they want to. That just because they own a gun, that they WANT to shoot someone. Especially, if that someone is carrying a weapon for self defense. Also a false statement. Just because a person is willing to kill someone in self defense, doesnt mean that they want to. As a father, its my responsibility to protect my family, to keep them safe. I don't want to ever, shoot anyone, at all, but if someone were in my house in the middle of the night, and if the choice was the life of one of my kids, or the life of the criminal threatening my kid, then, the choice is pretty simple to me. Its not that I want to kill that guy-its because I want to keep my family safe. Thats mistaken assumption #2. People need to realize the difference between "wanting" to kill someone, and being "willing" to do so. There is a discernable difference.

And on top of target shooting, which I already mentioned, there is also a large interest in competition shooting, which is no different then say, golf, football or any other sport. It is a bunch of people who compete with each other to see who is the best shot. Competition shooting, harms no one, except little pieces of paper. I guess, technically, a tree had to be killed to make that target, but you might as well blame the logging companys for that-if the competition shooters arnt using paper for targets, Im sure the government would buy it up and use it for useless bills and paperwork to be filled out.