Ravenous Wolves

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I'm posting this in "Hebrew Roots" because I'm sure your "Standard Christian" would have a problem with it. Those of us who have decided to investigate Hebrew roots, have already considered the possibility of becoming Torah Observant.

As a preface, I've had a difficult time reconciling Paul's teachings with Jesus' teachings. Whenever, I believe there's a conflict, I always defer to Jesus' teaching.

Then I ran across this.

Matt. 7:15

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves."

So who are the "Ravenous Wolves"? Luckily, Genesis has something to say about this. When Jacob prophecies over all of his sons, he said that the Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah. He also indicated that Benjamin was a "Ravenous Wolf"

Gen. 49:27

“Benjamin is a ravenous wolf;

In the morning he shall devour the prey,

And at night he shall divide the spoil.”

So, who came after Jesus that was from the tribe of Benjamin? Most of the tribal identity had been lost by the time of Jesus. Only Judah, Levi, and Benjamin remained.

Rom. 11:1

I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

That's Paul. He also said he comes from the tribe of Benjamin in Phillipians.

Phil. 3:4-6

If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; 6 concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless

If you look at Gen 49:27, it's easy to see how Paul could fit the identity of a "Ravenous Wolf".

Gen. 49:27

“Benjamin is a ravenous wolf;

In the morning he shall devour the prey,

And at night he shall divide the spoil.”

Early in his life, Paul hunted down and killed Christians, and later in life, he wrote his epistles which can easily mislead Christians according to Peter.

2 Peter 3:14-16

Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

SO... What other prophecies are there regarding "Ravenous Wolves" and can they be applied to Paul?

Eze. 22:26-28

Her priests have violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them. 27 Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, to shed blood, to destroy people, and to get dishonest gain. 28 Her prophets plastered them with untempered mortar, seeing false visions, and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ when the Lord had not spoken.

Does this also sound like Paul? It does to me.

So, now I'm very concerned that Paul may be that "Wolf in sheeps clothing" mentioned by Jesus in Matt. 7:15.

Until now, I've defered to Jesus, but I'm now considering rejecting Paul's teachings altogether, because he may be a False Prophet.

Can you guys help me out with this? I know this is bordering on herecy, but I firmly believe we should "test everything".

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

If Paul was a "ravenous wolf," his writings would never been accepted by God into Biblical canon.

You have some might strange exegesis going on there, friend ...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Tracker, are you aware that Moses also blessed the tribes before he died? (Deuteronomy 33) Of the tribe of Benjamin, he said, "The beloved of the LORD shall dwell safely by him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long, and he shall dwell between his shoulders."(v12) Mordecai & Esther were of the tribe of Benjamin. I think Benjamin was the only child born to Jacob AFTER God changed his name to Israel.(I think that is significant, just not sure how)

I am not sure why you are thinking Paul is a false prophet because he is from the tribe of Benjamin. How do you see Paul contradicting what Jesus said?

In that scripture from Peter you quoted, the ones that are "misled" are those that are "untaught & unstable" that twist Paul's writings (& the rest of scripture) "to their own destruction". Peter calls Paul "our beloved brother". Peter does say that Paul says things that are hard to understand, but I do not think Paul contradicts Jesus. Any time that I think there is a contradiction, I have to take a closer look & ask God to help me understand, because it's my understanding that is flawed & not the Word God gave us.

Perhaps you could share what the contradictions you are seeing are & maybe someone will have understanding and can help.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Jack, something is leading you astray. Don't bite. Consider what you have said:

Early in his life, Paul hunted down and killed Christians, and later in life, he wrote his epistles which can easily mislead Christians according to Peter.

This is taking what Peter said and twisting it. Peter did not say that Paul's writings easily mislead Christians.

2Pe 3:16 As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Peter is saying that the 'unlearned' and 'unstable' are the ones twisting the things Paul wrote about that were true and proper. He is giving Paul credibility here and your presenting the opposite.

I once fell into various traps such as this and was led astray. The reason for me being led astray was that I was lifted up in pride and preaching to people from a spiritual mountain top. To which God answered me according to his word:

Luk 1:51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

Out of love, I caution you to check your heart for sin and ask God to search it as well. It may very well be that something is a miss and therefore your being given over to that which is simply not true. It was not a fun ride for me.

Peace in Christ,

Gary

As a preface, I've had a difficult time reconciling Paul's teachings with Jesus' teachings. Whenever, I believe there's a conflict, I always defer to Jesus' teaching.

Then I ran across this.

Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves."

So who are the "Ravenous Wolves"? Luckily, Genesis has something to say about this. When Jacob prophecies over all of his sons, he said that the Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah. He also indicated that Benjamin was a "Ravenous Wolf"

Genesis 49:27 “Benjamin is a ravenous wolf; In the morning he shall devour the prey, And at night he shall divide the spoil.”

So, who came after Jesus that was from the tribe of Benjamin? Most of the tribal identity had been lost by the time of Jesus. Only Judah, Levi, and Benjamin remained.

Romans 11:1 "I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin."

That's Paul. He also said he comes from the tribe of Benjamin in Phillipians.

Philippians 3:4-6 "If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: 5 circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; 6 concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless"

If you look at Genesis 49:27, it's easy to see how Paul could fit the identity of a "Ravenous Wolf".

Genesis 49:27 “Benjamin is a ravenous wolf; In the morning he shall devour the prey, And at night he shall divide the spoil.”

2 Peter 3:14-16 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

SO... What other prophecies are there regarding "Ravenous Wolves" and can they be applied to Paul?

Ezekiel 22:26-28 "Her priests have violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them. 27 Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, to shed blood, to destroy people, and to get dishonest gain. 28 Her prophets plastered them with untempered mortar, seeing false visions, and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ when the Lord had not spoken."

Does this also sound like Paul? It does to me.

So, now I'm very concerned that Paul may be that "Wolf in sheep's clothing" mentioned by Jesus in Matthew 7:15.

Until now, I've deferred to Jesus, but I'm now considering rejecting Paul's teachings altogether, because he may be a False Prophet.

Can you guys help me out with this? I know this is bordering on heresy, but I firmly believe we should "test everything".

My Poor Dear Beloved Jewish Brother Saul

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Romans 3:19-26

Kicked To The Curb

For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man) God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?

For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner? And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: Romans 3:3-10

Again

As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. Galatians 6:12-18

~

Saul Saul

Dear Brother Saul

What A Gift To Me You Are And How I Love You So

Thank You LORD Jesus For The Jews And Especially For Your Servant Saul

My God Think You Can Check Me In Beside Him For A Moment Or So At The Upcoming Marriage Feast

At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

And I said, Who art thou, Lord?

And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: Acts 26:13-19

~

God Breathed It

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Peter 3:16-17

And I Desire It

Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word. Psalms 119:40-42

~

And What

But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. Jude 1:17-19

Is A Wolf Anyway

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19

Hum....