IGNORED

Has anyone been through Celebrate Recovery?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

This question came up in a conversation and I thought it would be good to discuss. Celebrate Recovery is like AA, but without the secular twist. They give the glory to God, as in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

The floor is open for discussion ...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

I was in CR for about a year and a half. My addiction is a little embarrasing - I was a gamer for a few years to the online game World of Warcraft. I was also very depressed and did not see myself having value as seen through God's eyes. God used CR to bring me to other Beleivers who were dealing with recovery from co-dependency, depression, drug addiction, alcohol addiction, and even one former homosexual.

It was a stretching time. But God pulled me out of this through His grace and love.

Check out their website! http://www.celebraterecovery.com/

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I have never attended CR. I spent 5 years in AA until coming to Christ. I went 5 years through the 'church' system seeking to grow in understanding and truth of God before becoming completely alienated by the 'system' of Christianity currently dotting the landscape. I returned to the tables of AA recently 'fishing' in the great pond for men who need to know or grow in Jesus. There is a sizable number of folks around the tables of AA who openly claim Christ and I enjoy having the exposure to give testimony unto others of what God has done for me as I do not even consider drinking an option today. It simply does not cross my mind. All because God brought me to a place of 'sober' thinking through his Holy Spirit and Word.

There is only one CR meeting in my area that I know of. There are around 30 AA meetings.

10 years clean and sober, praise be to God our Father and Jesus his Son.

Gary

I have never attended CR. I spent 5 years in AA until coming to Christ. I went 5 years through the 'church' system seeking to grow in understanding and truth of God before becoming completely alienated by the 'system' of Christianity currently dotting the landscape. I returned to the tables of AA recently 'fishing' in the great pond for men who need to know or grow in Jesus. There is a sizable number of folks around the tables of AA who openly claim Christ and I enjoy having the exposure to give testimony unto others of what God has done for me as I do not even consider drinking an option today. It simply does not cross my mind. All because God brought me to a place of 'sober' thinking through his Holy Spirit and Word.

There is only one CR meeting in my area that I know of. There are around 30 AA meetings.

10 years clean and sober, praise be to God our Father and Jesus his Son.

Hallelujah~!

I Hear Of Some Men Who Openly Claim AA Saved Them Yet They Remain (Dry?) Alcoholics

Whereas I Know Of Others (Me) Who Claimed Christ As Their Savior And By His Power Become Life-Long Teetotalers

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13

~

May The LORD Bless Your Faithfulness

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. Psalms 126:5-6

In Jesus

Amen

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I attended Celebrate Recovery for quite a few years. When it was presented to me it was come, partake of the teaching, attend small group, go through the Step Study. The program is one year in length. Then move up into leadership for a year or two, then fledge, go live your life in Christ. However, in my tenure with CR, in this region, it increasingly became like AA, keep coming back, it works. The freedom that we find in Christ seemed to me to be down played and reliance on the program up played. This may have been my imagination. I do come from a Holiness tradition that fully believes in victory in Jesus. I have, also, been to other Christ centered addiction programs and must say that I find that CR was the best of them, if you can keep away from the old AA tenet.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

My wife has been helping to lead CR for a few years now. It's been a great blessing for her personally, and has seen many people set free from all kinds of issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Think AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) or NA (Narcotis Anonymous) but with the spiritual aspect. They often have people who can counsel you and have gone through similar experiences.

For CR locations see: http://www.celebraterecovery.com/about-2/crs-eight-recovery-principles/]http://www.celebrate...ery-principles/

CR’s Eight Recovery Principles

CELEBRATE RECOVERY’S EIGHT RECOVERY PRINCIPLES

The Road to Recovery

Based on the Beatitudes

Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable. (Step 1)

“Happy are those who know that they are spiritually poor.”

Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help me recover. (Step 2)

“Happy are those how mourn, for they shall be comforted.”

Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control. (Step 3)

“Happy are the meek.”

Openly examine and confess my faults to myself, to God, and to someone I trust. (Steps 4 and 5)

“Happy are the pure in heart.”

Voluntarily submit to any and all changes God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects. (Steps 6 and 7)

“Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires”

Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others when possible, except when to do so would harm them or others. (Steps 8 and 9)

“Happy are the merciful.”

“Happy are the peacemakers”

Reserve a time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will. (Steps 10 and 11)

Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and my words. (Step 12)

“Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.”

Also see next post...

]

The Celebrate Recovery® name is a registered trademark.

In a desire to protect the integrity of the broader ministry, Celebrate Recovery® requires that if you use the Celebrate Recovery® name that the following are an irreducible minimum of your program.

The DNA of an authentic Celebrate Recovery® Ministry.

1. Jesus Christ is the one and only Higher Power. The program is a Christ-centered ministry.

2. The Bible* and Celebrate Recovery curriculum consisting of the Leader’s Guide, four Participant’s Guides, and the Celebrate Recovery Journal are to be used exclusively. The Large Group lessons are taught from the Leader’s Guide, keeping at least the acrostic and the Scriptures as the key points in the lessons. This is to keep consistency within groups, allowing teachers to be creative with the introduction and conclusion of each lesson.

Life’s Healing Choices is part of the approved curriculum. You will find this book may be used in many creative ways in your Large Group, Newcomers group, and Step Study groups. To find the 5 ways you can use Life’s Healing Choices in your Celebrate Recovery ministry locate the reference at www.celebraterecovery.com

Celebration Station & The Landing are the approved Celebrate Recovery curriculum for kids and youth. They are the only Children’s and Youth curriculum that ties directly with the Celebrate Recovery curriculum for adults.

* Use of the Celebrate Recovery Bible is strongly encouraged due to the fact that it is the only Bible that directly corresponds to the Celebrate Recovery curriculum. The Celebrate Recovery Bible has been designed to work with the resources developed and tested in the national and international ministry of Celebrate Recovery. The Celebrate Recovery Bible on Kindle, iBooks and Nook are also approved curriculum.

3. The ministry is “group based.” All groups are gender specific and use the Small Group Guidelines and format.

4. The Celebrate Recovery “Five Small Group Guidelines” are implemented and followed every time.

5. We expect each group to be accountable to Christ, the local church, and the model of Celebrate Recovery established at Saddleback Church.

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Think AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) or NA (Narcotis Anonymous) but with the spiritual aspect. They often have people who can counsel you and have gone through similar experiences.

AA is spiritually based. It is biblically based. It is how I found God and was introduced to his Son Jesus. I am getting up and going to a meeting right after I press 'Post' :)

That's awesome Gary! I was unaware AA had a Biblical basing to their system. I'm just going by what others have told me. Sorry for the confusion then. :)

God bless,

GE