IGNORED

Has anyone been through Celebrate Recovery?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The Lord has led me to know all the worthless areas of me... I tasted the fruit of the sin and saw the end of the path...

He never altered His Word of Promise to me- although I did mine many times to Him yet He remained faithful...

I now have a church home that I serve as though I do not own myself but they own me and through the eyes of this

service I am being taken deeper into the intimacy of Jesus' Word by this purposed love. So my church has become this

for me- as I have told them the weakness I was and they still love me :) God has made it easy for me to die to myself

as He was there to uphold me when I saw what I was through His Eyes and by seeing I knew that His Love was by It's

Own merit come unto me .... how easy for us all who know this love the healing balm of mind and soul :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

That's awesome Gary! I was unaware AA had a Biblical basing to their system. I'm just going by what others have told me. Sorry for the confusion then. :)

God bless,

GE

They quote scripture many times throughout the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous including 'faith without works is dead', 'loving your neighbor as yourself' among others. I left AA and went through the church circuit until I became disenfranchised with the churches that I was finding. When I returned and reread the material with my new 'Christian' eyes, I understood all of the proverbial messages in the Big Book that led me to a faith in the God of the bible. The book even talks about receiving the spirit of God as well as being 'reborn'. Most become offended because it doesn't contain the gospel message itself but the book is aimed at causing people to call out to God fully knowing that God is the one who will respond and direct their steps that they hear the gospel at the right moment in time. It happened to me.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1952

I have never attended CR. I spent 5 years in AA until coming to Christ. I went 5 years through the 'church' system seeking to grow in understanding and truth of God before becoming completely alienated by the 'system' of Christianity currently dotting the landscape. I returned to the tables of AA recently 'fishing' in the great pond for men who need to know or grow in Jesus. There is a sizable number of folks around the tables of AA who openly claim Christ and I enjoy having the exposure to give testimony unto others of what God has done for me as I do not even consider drinking an option today. It simply does not cross my mind. All because God brought me to a place of 'sober' thinking through his Holy Spirit and Word.

There is only one CR meeting in my area that I know of. There are around 30 AA meetings.

10 years clean and sober, praise be to God our Father and Jesus his Son.

Gary

I am so happy for you!!!!! In the end it is all about choices!!!! The only one i have control over is me and I want to do what God would want me to do. Everything we do and say effects someone else!!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

It is so amazing to me again how God uses things for His Glory...One of the stepping stones He used for me to get to Him was AA...and what Gary said is true...

Lord, I'm also grateful to learn now that there is a such a thing as Celebrate Recovery...Thank You!!!