• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

What is FUD?

FUD is Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Anyone is free to comment their opinion. But really the Bible is the standard so if you say "the Bible says..." please at least give the reference.

Opinions are great. God's Word is better. ;)

I'd like to start the thread by asking three questions:

1. What is the Bible?

2. Who is God according to the Bible?

3. Who is Jesus Christ according to the Bible?

The Holy Bible Is The Bread Of Life

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

God Is The Bread Of Life

Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. John 6:49-50

Jesus Christ Is The Bread Of Life

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. John 6:51

• Group:  Royal Member

I agree FresnoJoe. Thanks for the references!

So how does one respond to this?

The Mormon church is not Christian based on IT'S theology. This does not apply to every single Mormon. Those who choose to accept their salvation as being provided by the shed blood of Jesus can be classified as Christians.

Can a Christian be a Mormon and remain in the Mormon church? Your thoughts?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

to experience fear, is to allow that which cannot harm you, consume you. fear is blind.

uncertainty is doubt perceived to be true. both spark and kindle the flame of that fiery spirit of fear.

1 John 4:17-19

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

the Holy Bible is mankind's history from beginning to finish translated from the Spirit of God Himself.

Psalm 12:6

6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Proverbs 30:4-6

4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

God is the Father of all that exists.

the epitome of perfect goodness.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

FresnoJoe is spot on with his reference to the man of Jesus Christ!

concerning the Mormon question..i believe a true Christian would be led to depart from such blasphemy..

just my opinion though.

love to you and God bless.

to experience fear, is to allow that which cannot harm you, consume you. fear is blind.

uncertainty is doubt perceived to be true. both spark and kindle the flame of that fiery spirit of fear.

1 John 4:17-19

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

the Holy Bible is mankind's history from beginning to finish translated from the Spirit of God Himself.

Psalm 12:6

6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Proverbs 30:4-6

4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

God is the Father of all that exists.

the epitome of perfect goodness.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

FresnoJoe is spot on with his reference to the man of Jesus Christ!

concerning the Mormon question..i believe a true Christian would be led to depart from such blasphemy..

just my opinion though.

love to you and God bless.

Good thoughts. But my question further is can one who believes in Christ stay in a LDS (Mormon) Biblically?

Especially considering the Mormon doctrine on Christ and God. Anyone care to discuss?

Good thoughts. But my question further is can one who believes in Christ stay in a LDS (Mormon) Biblically?

Especially considering the Mormon doctrine on Christ and God. Anyone care to discuss?

thanks GoldenEagle. forgive me for not being clear.

i believe there is a difference between simply believing in Jesus Christ, and living/walking with Him in Truth.

actually there are 2 parts to that equation. Jesus Christ in me, and I in Him.

when one is in a true devoted intimate relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord, one is transformed through and through, from glory to glory.

as Christians, the Glory of the Holy Spirit of God works a complete change in our hearts and character, right?

2 Corinthians 3:17-18

17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

i can't imagine someone who is truly experiencing the above could believe that Jesus Christ is the brother of Lucifer, (among other after-life nonsense and deification of mortal fallen man).

true Christianity's foundation is in knowing Jesus Christ personally. i believe anything beyond this essential Gospel is self-deception or worse.

we can expound on this if you like, do you want to debunk all LDS doctrine or only that concerning Christ?

love to you, and God bless.

1. What is the Bible?

The Bible (or Word of God) is the inspired, inerrant, infallible, and sufficient Word of God. The Bible is God’s love letter to mankind. To say the Bible is inspired means that the Bible was authored, or God-breathed, by God through men. To say the Bible is inerrant means there are no errors in it. To say the Bible is infallible means it is safely relied on and completely trustworthy. To say the Bible is sufficient means that it contains everything one needs to know to obtain salvation in Jesus Christ and live life as a Christ-follower.

The Bible was given to us as evidence and illustration of God’s love for us. The Bible is to be cherished, studied, obeyed, and fully trusted. To dismiss the Word of God is dismiss God Himself. All Scripture testifies to Jesus Christ, who is Himself the focus of divine revelation.

The Word of God speaks of itself:

2 Timothy 3:16-17

“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

Verses that show the importance of the Word of God.

1. The Word of God is the means of reaching the unsaved and bringing them to Christ - John 5:24; Romans 1:16; I Peter 1:23

2. The Word of God gives assurance of salvation and eternal life - John 5:24; 10:27-28 and I John 5:13

3. The Word of God sets us free - John 8:32

4. The Word of God cleanses us - John 15:3, John 17:17, and Ephesians 5:26

5. The Word of God builds our faith - Romans 10:17

6. The Word of God makes us wise unto salvation - II Timothy 3:15

7. The Word of God is quick and powerful - Hebrews 4:12-13

8. The Word of God will judge those who reject it - John 12:48

9. The Word of God will never pass away - Psalms 119:89; Matthew 24:35; I Peter 1:25

Is it good to search the Scriptures? I would say yes we’re instructed to do so as we have examples of this. Personally, I've become somewhat of a Barean in searching the Scriptures. (Acts 17:11)

Acts 17:11

These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

Plus we're told to question everything and hold onto what is good. (1 Thess. 5:21)

1 Thess. 5:21

Test all things; hold fast to what is good.

Scripture is not up to private interpretation.

2 Peter 1:20

“Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,”

This is why the Holy Spirit inspired Paul in 2 Tim. 2:15 to emphasize the value of studying the Word of God for one's self as a “worker” for the Lord so we might understand the truth found in the Bible.

2 Timothy 2:15

“Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

thanks GoldenEagle. forgive me for not being clear.

i believe there is a difference between simply believing in Jesus Christ, and living/walking with Him in Truth.

actually there are 2 parts to that equation. Jesus Christ in me, and I in Him.

when one is in a true devoted intimate relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord, one is transformed through and through, from glory to glory.

as Christians, the Glory of the Holy Spirit of God works a complete change in our hearts and character, right?

2 Corinthians 3:17-18

17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

i can't imagine someone who is truly experiencing the above could believe that Jesus Christ is the brother of Lucifer, (among other after-life nonsense and deification of mortal fallen man).

true Christianity's foundation is in knowing Jesus Christ personally. i believe anything beyond this essential Gospel is self-deception or worse.

we can expound on this if you like, do you want to debunk all LDS doctrine or only that concerning Christ?

love to you, and God bless.

No worries. ;) Re: LDS doctrine... Let's start with Christ and go from there shall we?

No worries. ;) Re: LDS doctrine... Let's start with Christ and go from there shall we?

sure brother, let's do it. i would like to state beforehand that i apologize in advance to any reader of Mormon faith if my words come across brashly.

GoldenEagle has already quoted this passage in Scripture, but for effect, see my disclaimer below:

Hebrews 4:12-13 12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

firstly, we should address the fact that the Mormon faith does not adhere to to the concept of the Trinity(Father, Son, Holy Spirit) as one and the same.

rather, they choose to worship these 3 as individual gods, among others.

this is in direct violation of the cardinal rule.

Exodus 34:14 14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

it seems Mormons refuse to accept the Trinity and place more credence in their Book of Mormons, and even go so far as to claim that the Holy Bible is in error in some ways.

so Jesus Christ is viewed by Mormons not as God in the flesh, but a god, separate from the Father and Holy Spirit.

in their view, we all by the grace of Christ, can all become like Christ, or gods through works.. not to mention after-life salvation.

looks like succumbing to the flesh, in my opinion

Colossians 2:18-19 18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

a Christian whom believes in Jesus Christ as God come down to Earth in the flesh, through virgin birth by the Holy Spirit of God, cannot in their right mind agree with anything LDS biblically.

for the Christian who claims to have died to self and taken up their cross to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, i suggest prayer and fasting for proper discernment.

Edited by BlessedByTheBest