IGNORED

Israel's Promise and Being Grafted In...

GoldenEagle

True Ninhao. God swore the covenant upon Himself. And yet God gave his firstborn for the redemption of humanity. Amazing love isn't it?

There is no greater love. Yes amazing :)

I'm unsure about the Covenant to Israel to be honest... I don't believe that Jesus Christ has finalized His work with Israel. There are still many Jews that will come to know Christ IMO before He returns. I would need to study this further. Anyone else have any insight into this?

I think the land covenant with Israel is finalised in Isaiah 11.

In Isaiah 11 we see the return of Jews to the land of Israel which occurs after or close to Jesus returns maybe.

Isa 11:11-12 KJV And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. (12) And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

It will in some ways be similar to the exodus from Egypt.

Isa 11:15-16 KJV And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod. (16) And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

This has not yet occurred and speaks about the nation of Israel and the final return of the Jew to the Promised Land. This will occur at the beginning of the Millennial Reign I think. I hope this is not incorrect.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

Question: Are all, and I do mean all, the promises and covenants fulfilled in Jesus Christ? Yes or no will suffice.

Grace & Peace

LT

No.

I think the land covenant with Israel is finalized in Isaiah 11.

It Is Pretty Much

Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. Isaiah 66:40

Just Started

Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

In My Book

When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which cause them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there. Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD. Ezekiel 39:27-29

~

"Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone ... and bring them into their own land ..."' (Ezek 37.21)

'I will say to the north,"Give them up! ... bring My sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth"' (Isa 43.6)

'And (the Lord) will lift up a standard for the nations, and assemble the banished ones of Israel, and will gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth' (Isa 11.12)

These prophecies have seen recent fulfilment as the concept of Zionism and the regathering and restoration of Israel started in the late 19th century. Consider a few facts:

■1882: First wave of emigration (first ‘Aliyah’ or ascent) to Palestine, particularly from Russia and Romania

■1897: Theodor Herzel convened the First Zionist Congress in Basle, Switzerland

■1917: General Allenby liberated Jerusalem from the Turks, giving Jews access to the city

■1948: State of Israel established; David Ben Gurion became the first Prime Minister

■1950: Law of return passed by Israel’s Parliament – opening Israel to Jews from over 60 countries

■1967: Jerusalem came under Jewish rule

■Population: 1900: 0.5m; 1935: 1m; 1958: 2m; 1980: 4m; 2000: 6.3m; 2004: 6.9m; 2008: 7.3m; 2011: 7.8m

Note that 1967 saw all Jerusalem returned to the control of national Israel (after some 2500 years). This was direct fulfilment of Jesus' prophecy:

'"Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles unitl the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled"' (Lk 21.24)

Today, the goal of a State of Israel has been achieved and the role of Zionist organisations like the Jewish Agency & WZO is to oversee aliya, immigration, settlement and education. http://www.seekingtruth.co.uk/israel.htm

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Question: Are all, and I do mean all, the promises and covenants fulfilled in Jesus Christ? Yes or no will suffice.

Grace & Peace

LT

No.

I agree with Shiloh. No. See this post and the post about God's covenant to Noah and humanity..

Re: Land given to Israel

Genesis 13:14-17

14 And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: “Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are—northward, southward, eastward, and westward; 15 for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever. 16 And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered. 17 Arise, walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you.

and... God gave the land for Israel and his disciendants to inhabit.

Genesis 15:4-8, 17-21

4 And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one {Isaac} who will come from your own body shall be your heir.” 5 Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.”

6 And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

7 Then He said to him, “I am the Lord, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to inherit it.”

8 And he said, “Lord God, how shall I know that I will inherit it?”

17 And it came to pass, when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces. 18 On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying:

To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates— 19 the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites, 20 the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, 21 the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.”

and... God promises to keep His covenants.

Ezekiel 16:60-63

60 Nevertheless I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. 61 Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed, when you receive your older and your younger sisters; for I will give them to you for daughters, but not because of My covenant with you. 62 And I will establish My covenant with you. Then you shall know that I am the Lord, 63 that you may remember and be ashamed, and never open your mouth anymore because of your shame, when I provide you an atonement for all you have done,” says the Lord God.’”

and... As long as there is the sun to give light during the day and the moon/stars to shine at night God will continue to see Israel as His nation.

Jeremiah 31:35-36

35 Thus says the Lord,

Who gives the sun for a light by day,

The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night,

Who disturbs the sea,

And its waves roar

(The Lord of hosts is His name):

36 “If those ordinances depart

From before Me, says the Lord,

Then the seed of Israel shall also cease

From being a nation before Me forever.”

and... God keeps His Covenant with Israel for His own sake.

Ezekiel 36:22-25, 28, 32

22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes. 24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.

28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

32 Not for your sake do I do this,” says the Lord God, “let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel!”

Notice verse 17 in Galatians 3. God’s law does not annul the covenant and promise that was made to Abraham. (Gal. 3:15-18)

Gal. 3:15-18

The Changeless Promise

15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it. 16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,”[i] who is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ,[j] that it should make the promise of no effect. 18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Was the Covenant with Noah ("the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. ") fulfilled?

To my knowledge the Covenant with Noah was not fullfilled with Jesus Christ. God still maintains His promise that He will not destroy mankind with a flood.

Aren't rainbows amazing? It's a shame that they have been taken over and now mean something else. The rainbow was God's before it meant anything else.

Gods-Promise-Rainbow-03.jpg

Gen. 8:20-22

God’s Covenant with Creation

20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. 21 And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. Then the Lord said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.

22 “While the earth remains,

Seedtime and harvest,

Cold and heat,

Winter and summer,

And day and night

Shall not cease.”

God bless,

GE