GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Here are a few suggestions for making extra money for high school and college students towards the end of this year and next:

1. Mow lawns/Bag leaves - The summer months are gone (assuming you live in the U.S.?). But next summer is right around the corner! Lots of opportunities with lawns out there. My uncle does this during the end of spring and summer. It’s a nice side business. You can use your own equipment or see if the neighbor may have it. Gathering and bagging leaves in the fall can be lucrative as well. An extra $20-30 a week per lawn would come in handy.

2. Freelance Writing - People will pay for writing articles. A blog is a good place to start.

3. Get a Newspaper Route - There is nothing like riding a good bicycle, having a good arm, waking up and working at dawn. Early risers would love this job. People with a determination to make some extra cash could enjoy this too. This job can generate an extra $500-$2000 a month easily.

4. Become a Dog Walker - People get paid every day to walk dogs. Lots of people have pets. Yet they work too much or just prefer for someone else to handle certain aspects of pets training. Why not offer this service to people in your neighborhood?

5. Sell stuff online on EBay or Amazon - Do you know a lot about some niche segment? Say baseball cards, yearbooks, comic books, specialty toys? Find a niche and start making a profit!

6. Become a mystery shopper - Mystery shoppers can work flexible hours. Sometimes you even get to keep your purchases! Note: Avoid companies that want you to pay a fee up front.

7. Babysit some kids - Know a family with kids? Babysit them for cash! Parents are always looking to go out on a date or run errands. Sometimes even voluntary babysitting can eventually turn into a paid position.

8. Write a Book or an eBook - Are you an expert at something? Are you a good story teller or good at poetry? My wife published a book of poems in 2010. Her first book and we broke about even. eBooks are really cheap and becoming more popular as well!

9. Tutor students - Do you play an instrument? Are your particularly good at Math, Science, English, History? If you speak any other language (Spanish, German, or French?) tutoring kids or even adults can be profitable. I did this in high school and made $10-15 an hour tutoring people in English. My sister does this and charges $20 an hour. She’s a full-time student and not even 20 years old yet!

10. Run errands for the elderly - Get to know people in your community or church (if applicable) who may need to go to the bank or for you to get their groceries. Sometimes even voluntary errand running can eventually turn into tips or even a paid position.

11. Fix people’s PC’s - Start out with family/friends. Computers are always breaking down or having viruses. I have a friend who fixes people's PC's for $20-$50 a pop. Sometimes it takes 20 minutes. Others it takes a couple of hours.

12. Do consulting - Know some programming languages? Charge $50 and put a decent website together for a startup business. Web design or graphics design is always a good place to start. Start out cheap and build your reputation and portfolio. Businesses always need their sites updated, promos with graphics, etc. I have a cousin who makes about $1200-$2500 a month depending on the business on this. He has been doing this for a little over 2 years now.

13. Sell Digital Photos - Have a decent camera? Offer to do some photo shoots for free. Then as word gets out you could start your own photography business. Facebook, Twitter, etc. are all great social outlets for building your business.

14. House Sit - Vacation season is upon us. This can be a great 1-2 week gig. I got free rent for a couple of months one summer by staying at someone’s house. Winter time means families travelling to see loved ones.

15. Join a Focus Group - Google “Focus Group” and see how many hits you can get. There is always some company willing to pay a little something for your thoughts, opinions, etc.

16. Paint - See a neighbor’s house that might need painting? Ring the doorbell and ask them if you could offer your services. They provide the paint and tools you provide the labor. It’s a win/win situation.

17. Sell Stuff From Home - See what you can sell at Half Price Books or eBay. Then sell whatever else you can in a garage sale. Remember one person’s trash is another person’s treasure.

18. Clean homes - People don’t always want or (supposedly) have time to clean their homes. Not the most luxurious job but a great opportunity to make some extra money. My wife did this while in high school and even college. Was steady work and building up a clientele through word of mouth can really net you some great customers. ;)

19. Find Odd Jobs on Craigslist Neighborhood adds and word of mouth not working? People always need things done. Do you have a truck and are able to help some people move furniture? Or perhaps paint? Or de-clutter someone's garage? Or perhaps mow some yards?

20. Deliver pizzas at night - Tips, Tips, Tips! Even if it’s just for the summer or winter it’s a great way to generate some cash.

21. Go back to school - Sometimes going back to school for certification or a BA in Business or other field can open up new opportunities. Getting a masters or a MBA could be a useful tool in making oneself more marketable. I did this and after hard work in almost 6 years of school landed a job making double what I used to make.

Thoughts? Comments? Which suggestion did you like best? Constructive feedback? Any more good ideas to add to the list?

Source I used: http://christianpf.com/ways-to-earn-extra-money-from-home/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

I knew two elderly men about 30 years ago who needed some extra cash and started mowing lawns...... because of their integrity and hard work ethic, they developed a reputation for doing good work. Long story short, they built a business in the higher income part of town that at the ages of 69 and 73 they were making $75,000 a year apiece by mowing lawns and some light landscaping. And still would fill in on weekends when Dad wanted them to run our service station and let him take a vacation

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Rob a bank?

No wait, that would be wrong.

Open a bank and rob customers?

Already been done.... :cool2:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Rob a bank?

:24: :24: :24:

I knew two elderly men about 30 years ago who needed some extra cash and started mowing lawns...... because of their integrity and hard work ethic, they developed a reputation for doing good work. Long story short, they built a business in the higher income part of town that at the ages of 69 and 73 they were making $75,000 a year apiece by mowing lawns and some light landscaping. And still would fill in on weekends when Dad wanted them to run our service station and let him take a vacation

Good suggestion other one. ;) I have a friend who has been mowing yards for 30 years in the higher income area of town. He probably makes about $150-200k a year off of it. He's a very hard worker and demands a lot from his workers too. This has earned him a good reputation. My brother-in-law (BOL) worked for him in highschool and college. BOL made good money, got an incredible work-out, and a tan to boot. Lol. ;)

Rob a bank?

Fez... Lol. Any serious suggestions?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Rob a bank?

Fez... Lol. Any serious suggestions?

Well my wife pickles stuff like green papaya, mango, etc in a excellent sweet and sour pickle sauce and sells it at various locations. She makes handbags, and sells those, brings in pearls and various other things every time we visit the Philippines and sells those. She never sits still (whats the last of the proverbs regarding wives again?).

As I sit and type she is alongside me sewing a bag for part of a consignment she will be selling at an outdoor bazaar tomorrow.

As my ex pastor used to say "Use what you have in your hands"

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

i am joining webinars and getting job interviews set up. i have one that i have to call and i just set up a webinar. the more you learn the easier it will be for you to create your wealth i believe. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Robert

Be careful of jobs on craigslist, especially "gigs" Many of them now are hustles or straight-up scams that will rip you off blind, and several now are "start your own business" that consists of little more than buying "product" that you then have to try to sell yourself.

Edited by RobertS

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

not every craigslist ad is a scam you have to find the right ones to ensure you get the right job. they call you for an appointment and you have directions yes and also starting a business isn't a bad thing either bc I made money from selling products it wasn't much but it was still something you have to find the right ones