Court To Hear Case Against "Pledge Of Allegiance"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

you just may be right on that one too.... Jason.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

maybe they use debit cards.

I wouldn't be surprised to see "In God we trust" taken off the money soon, maybe when it switches over to a new currency for the NWO.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

• Acts 4:25 Who by the mouth of your servant David have said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?"

• If the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional, then so is the republic of which we have pledged allegiance to. So much for all that indivisible nonsense.

The first pledge was written in 1892.

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

"Under God" wasn't added until 1954.

This is a non-issue.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

As it stands, I know atheists who take a black marker and mark out; "In God We Trust" , on every bill in their wallet or purse. I know Pagan's who add; 'dess" after "God" so as to say; In Goddess we trust.

How petty.

Guest shiloh357

Petty or simply their making a civil statement reiterating separation of church and State? Since this is not a Theocratic dictatorship but a Democratic Republic, it's their way of speaking freely.

It's all a matter of opinion and practice I guess.

There is no separation of church and state, at least not the way that phrase has been stood on its head in our modern society.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Petty or simply their making a civil statement reiterating separation of church and State? Since this is not a Theocratic dictatorship but a Democratic Republic, it's their way of speaking freely.

It's all a matter of opinion and practice I guess.

Would that work in reverse? Could Christians write "Jesus is my Savior" or "In God I trust" if there was NO phrase on the money?

hmmmmmmmm....... :29: (rhetorical...not seriously asking)

Anyway, I think you have to have alot of resentment going on to do those things...and yes, how petty.

I didn't know that phrase was not added till way later...then again, I'm not American

It's slow....somebody start a good thread.....so I can read it ;)

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.huffingto...hp_ref=religion

Massachusetts'Supreme Judicial Court

The family, who are secular humanists, claim that the phrase "under God" in the pledge is a violation of the state's constitutional ban on religious discrimination.

r-MASSACHUSETTS-SUPREME-COURT-PLEDGE-OF-ALLEGIANCE-large570.jpg?8

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Massachusetts has a history of leading the vanguard in discrimination cases. In 2003, the same court ruled that it was discriminatory, and therefore unconstitutional, to prohibit gay marriage, becoming the first state to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Personally I think the pledge of allegiance should be abandoned altogether. It didn't exist prior to 1942 and the people of this country got along quite well without it prior to that time. Pictures of the Bellamy salute, once required of school children illustrate the pledges true purpose - to exact the tribute of a personal vow to a fascist state.

Today the pledge is an empty gesture. It's a promise made to the flag of a nation that is no longer our own. When you're in debt, the bank owns your car, your home and your nation. The note holder decides the ultimate dispossession of the object of indebtedness, not the user of it. When the financial cartel, special interest groups, the defense contractors, the military and corrupt elected officials make decisions contrary to the will of the people the nation is not in our hands.

As for me, I no longer salute the flag. It isn't mine and if you're truthful with yourself, it doesn't belong to you either.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...