• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/15/1990

Dear bro's and sis's....... I just want to know what does faith mean.....? Sorry for this weird question......

faith-in-god.jpg

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Hebrews 11

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Faith is generated by The Word of God Rom 10:17

Heb 11:1-2

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. NKJV

I have loved pride of life, lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and as I was young God placed the seed of His Word into my heart... as I

grew with these loves- the first almost destroyed me and the seed of God's Word took root and I saw the truth of God. Who He 'IS.

I saw that the only way to life 'IS' life that loves Him with all their strength of mind, will, and emotion into eternal worship->-> for I did

not deserve to Know Him and I did not deserve to Have His Person within me BUT mercy is now what I learn from Him and in obedience

His Love 'IS' generated to others that they may inquire of His Person and seek Him as the only of His Kind... How beautiful this faith that

delivers us from ourselves and the deception we have been born into enabling us to seek The Lord Of Glory Jesus The Christ... Love, Steven

Thank you for your replies..... As i'm from non-Christian background, i find it difficult to know what it means to have faith in Christ...... Because there are lot of religions in our country each one with their own faith, claiming that there God is the true God... And my humble request is that i want to know what it makes difference to follow Christ.... Please pardon me for this illustration if it offends you.... For instance in our country there are three major religions like Hindu, Muslim and Christianity.... So if a person from any of these religions tell me just to believe in God, i mean to have faith in Him, so how can i know that i have faith in true God.....? I just have doubts and i'd be so grateful if my bro's and sis's would explain me. And please bear with me as my intention is not to get into an argument or any religious debate.... I just wanted to blow away those doubts from my heart... Thank you so much....

lwcF_CRD_mus_PROD005236233_journey_of_faith_clip_art_title_BW_JPEG.jpg

Thank you for your replies..... As i'm from non-Christian background, i find it difficult to know what it means to have faith in Christ...... Because there are lot of religions in our country each one with their own faith, claiming that there God is the true God... And my humble request is that i want to know what it makes difference to follow Christ.... Please pardon me for this illustration if it offends you.... For instance in our country there are three major religions like Hindu, Muslim and Christianity.... So if a person from any of these religions tell me just to believe in God, i mean to have faith in Him, so how can i know that i have faith in true God.....? I just have doubts and i'd be so grateful if my bro's and sis's would explain me. And please bear with me as my intention is not to get into an argument or any religious debate.... I just wanted to blow away those doubts from my heart... Thank you so much....

As I See It These Religions Will Ask You To Give Your Trust To Them, To Their Idols

(Islam Has A Killer Demon As It's Head Idol)

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5

Whereas The Living God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

Offers His Love, His Son, His Salvation To You

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

While HE Builds Your Faith

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

See?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

lwcF_CRD_mus_PROD005236233_journey_of_faith_clip_art_title_BW_JPEG.jpg

As I am cleaning my Lord's House right now but tonight I will write to you the distinctive of how to know

the path your on is the right one! I will ask you to pray in Jesus' Name to prepare your heart for what my family here

and I will deliver to you "the Hope that is within us"...

1 Pe 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

NKJV

Heb 6:17-18

17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, 18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

NKJV

Love, Steven

Thank you for your replies..... As i'm from non-Christian background, i find it difficult to know what it means to have faith in Christ...... Because there are lot of religions in our country each one with their own faith, claiming that there God is the true God... And my humble request is that i want to know what it makes difference to follow Christ....

The established Word of God is clearly understood by design…

Genesis – Malachi forms the O.T. As you give yourself to the search of God it will immediately

give its weight of the need of God’s intervention in man’s behalf. As Genesis takes you through

the beginning of man, the fall of man in sin, flood, dividing of languages, Abraham and formation of God’s chosen people …

the law given, and the failure to be able to keep it for 1,800 years.

450 years God was silent then God sent His Son to provide man a way to be redeemed from sin.

The New Testament is actually so very well fitted to the Old Testament that it is impossible to be of man’s manufacture and

all who study the form in which it is (God’s New Testament) find undeniable rest in the completed communication of God to

His fallen image man who could not live up to the full obedience of God’s Perfect Law… Mathew – Revelation assembled in

such a way that even by the study of parts and the how those parts were brought together by the Hand of God leading up to

the great seal of no adding or taking away without great harm if done so!

The purpose of the New Testament is told to us by Jesus in John 18:37 God brought the fullness of truth into the world so that

they who desire it more than anything else would be able to find it in His Word

Jn 18:37

Pilate therefore said to Him, "Are You a king then?"

Jesus answered, "You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that

I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears my voice."

NKJV

Reading through the Gospels Mathew –John literally introduces you to The Person of Jesus and Who He truly was… it is the hearing

of His voice by faith that foundations you to the eternal commit to Him and what He says… Lord I believe You are The God who created

the beginnings in the first book of your Word Genesis! Acts then is the transition from law to faith in Christ redemptive work by formation

of His Church and the greatest missionary that has ever lived Paul-who wrote over half of the New Testament and directives of what to

do with this new life by Spiritual birth. The overwhelming evidence that God Word is these that I speak of ‘IS’ the how it delivers- by taking

of all of us from where we are in sin to a place void of sin (Revelation) ->not yet come into existence but promised by His Word. We who

have accepted by faith Jesus live with full assurance from Whom we have learned Who God ‘IS’ that this will be our eternity!

Please pardon me for this illustration if it offends you.... For instance in our country there are three major religions like Hindu, Muslim and Christianity.... So if a person from any of these religions tell me just to believe in God, i mean to have faith in Him, so how can i know that i have faith in true God.....? I just have doubts and i'd be so grateful if my bro's and sis's would explain me. And please bear with me as my intention is not to get into an argument or any religious debate.... I just wanted to blow away those doubts from my heart... Thank you so much....

God’s Regeneration by those lead by His Word to believe is of such that doubt is removed subjectively (by experiencing God entrance into your being)

but also objectively by God's Promise in The Word

Rv 3:20-22

20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door,

I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will

grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on

His throne. 22 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'"

NKJV

… there is endless depths and heights to The Lord of Glory and all we who believe worship Him in the truth we have began in with Him… two encouragements to removing of doubts: 1. Open your heart to God and ask for His help. 2. Know it comes with time and patience – enjoy the journey as He forms within you a relationship where doubt can no longer remain. We call this sanctification where we take truth learned from His Word and apply it in the living out of our lives. As this is done God reveals Himself in very satisfactory ways strengthening us to desire even more truth to apply as this relationship with Him is like no other for it transcends time, amounts, values etc… It literally becomes the most important aspect of what we are-> He in us forever in the Person of The Holy Spirit. Love, Steven

Hey Steven and Fresnojoe thanks for taking time to reply.... I really do appreciate that..... And as you told I'd open up my heart to God to lead me to the truth.......

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

It can take some time for faith to take hold for some of us, for others it comes quickly.

Read the Word of God every time you get a chance and ask God to reveal to you His truth of what you reading.

He will teach you on Him self, because that is what He wants you to know.

It took me 40 years to finally take God at His Word and agree with Him. I sincerely hope it does not take you so long.

While I still have unanswered questions on many of the Scriptures, I do not fear the truth of His Word.

I have come to the point that I have placed my eternity on the throne of grace and fully trust God for the outcome,

which is noted in the Bible.

Do a search on 100 fulfilled prophecies. No man could ever write the teachings in the Old Testament and see

them fulfilled, if they were not of God. Only He could see down through history and know for sure that they

would come true. No false god has ever done anything even close to this! His Word has proved to be true over

and over and for me creates increased faith in Him.

To me faith is more than believing, it is putting myself in His care and trusting Him to do right for me, based on

His promises. Think of a young child whose dad throws him into the air and catches him. This childs safety is

totally in the hands of his dad, yet he fears nothing, because he knows his dad will catch him and not allow him

to be injured. This is a very simple version of how we should be with God's handling of us, once we agree with

Him that Jesus is His uniquely born Son who died to pay our sin debt.

Let us take a look into Matthew 18

24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him who owed him ten thousand talents.

25 But inasmuch as he could not pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife and children and all that he had, and payment to be made.

26 The servant therefore fell down and did homage to him, saying,‘Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.’

27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him and forgave him the debt.

My KJV Bible says that the ten thousand talents owed by the servant is $52,800,000, if silver.

This is an illustration of us. We are so deep in debt to God that we can NEVER pay our own way out. He knew this

and He provided Him Self to pay our debt in the human body of Jesus. There is a barrier between God and us called

sin. This sin separates us from Him, so He made a way for us through Jesus.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by [through] me.

There is absolutely no other way to salvation! That is the Word God has left as our way to Him; Jesus.

The more you study the Word of God, the more faith you will have in Him. That is His promise to you in the verse from Romans, noted above.

No Hindi nor Muslim has ever made you this promise, nor can they. They are as mortal as you and I, but Jesus died and arose again, and that is the good news of the gospel. He lives so that we can too.

Guest 2ultra Christianity

I like to think of faith aside from the usual answer that you will get from the book of Hebrews which is the definition of faith. Which I already see that FresnoJoe has already responded with.

I don't know if your Church uses hymnals or not but there is a simple song titled "Trust & Obey" that expresses something very fundamental about Faith.

The lyrics go like this:

"Trust and Obey, for there's no other way

to be happy in Jesus but, to trust and obey.

A wise old writer, once wrote, two wings of a dove, don't weigh her down. She rises by means of them. The two wings of a Christian are Trust & Obey. The Christan obeys becasue we trust, and trust becasue we obey. If we obey without faith we get nowhere. If we trust or have faith without obedience it ends in nothing.

Christ, has given eternal salvation to those who obey him and to those who believe him. Oviously trust and obey are synonmous the two.

Trust and obey are like the two sides of a coin, if you split the coin down the middle from its edges, it will be worthless. The same goes for trusting and obey. It takes two sides in order to hold its value. Trust is on one side of the coin and obey on the other. This very study can be found in the book of Hebrews.

Trust and Obey, there is no other way.