• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I'm new to this.

Though that can be reasoned that it's mostly because I stink in the department of trusting God completely, and that shouldn't be.

Hebrews summed it up best, didn't it?

"Faith is being certain of what you hope for, sure of what you do not see."

I want to regain my Faith in Christ, and follow his example. I've more trouble dealing with the temptations of sin in my life, and holding onto faith isn't easy when the Devil repeatedly knocks me down.

You cannot on your own have victory over sin and the Devil. Those who do not believe that we can live without sin in our lives are usually men and women who have tried with all their might to love and obey God via their own will power and have continually failed to do so. Bless their hearts for seeking to will to be like Jesus.

You can through the power of the Spirit have victory over sin and the Devil. This is through an act of submission unto the Spirit of God and God doing through you that which you cannot do in and of yourself. The moment it begins to be 'you' doing the works is the moment you have deviated from the path and are headed toward your next failure.

2Cr 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Eph 2:1-11 ΒΆ And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1Cr 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which [was bestowed] upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

I seek to live in constant submission unto the Spirit of God that fills my vessel. Every morning I ask again for our Father to fill me with his Holy Spirit that I might have the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, meekness, temperance, goodness, gentleness and faith to give unto others. That the love of God might be shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit. I ask God to create in me a clean heart that I might continue with him in purity and holiness. I ask him to forgive those who trespass against me and to make those who are my enemies to become my friends. I ask him to make me part of the solution and not part of the problem. I ask his protection and care with complete abandon. I ask to be made perfect in his love and that love casts out any and all fear that I have.

I began this practice earlier this year and have found myself living day after day in a good space even though the world around me continues to head steadfast for judgment and calamity. I have had peace of mind and my heart has been kept through Jesus Christ even though many have departed from me and have come to hate me for believing that we can walk the walk daily in submission unto him. I suffer many accusations of pride, arrogance, self-righteousness and the like though I simply give all credit to God and believe it is Him who empowers me to turn away from and have victory over the sin that I do.

All those who are willing to live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution but if you mention those words to explain the actions of others who are being hateful in their works toward you, they come back with witty comments about your claiming martyrdom. Their is no winning in this world for the Christian as the Kingdom of Heaven has been taken by force until the day the chief judge shall appear. Then those who have been faithful and living in the Spirit of our God will receive their reward.

Today, I am filled with joy knowing that by faith I have received a measure of the Spirit that keeps me in the way and causes me to do that which is pleasing in his sight. The Spirit wars against the flesh and the flesh the Spirit being contrary to one another so that we can't do the things which we would. If the Spirit isn't there then there is no defense against the flesh and we are forced into submission unto its desire. So we cry out to the one who can save us from death with strong crying and tears and are heard in that we fear.

Believe only and be saved....call upon the Father who without respect of persons judges according to every mans works and he will fill you with his Spirit, enabling you to do that which is impossible to do without him. But remember he said you must first come out from among them and be separate, not touching the unclean thing.

Gary

Read Romans 1:19, 20. That is the One True God. "Believing" in Jesus means to cling to Him and follow His teachings.

Amen~!

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

And Amen~!

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

I'm new to this.

Though that can be reasoned that it's mostly because I stink in the department of trusting God completely, and that shouldn't be.

Hebrews summed it up best, didn't it?

"Faith is being certain of what you hope for, sure of what you do not see."

I want to regain my Faith in Christ, and follow his example. I've more trouble dealing with the temptations of sin in my life, and holding onto faith isn't easy when the Devil repeatedly knocks me down.

:thumbsup:

~

Give It Up

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

To The Man

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Proverbs 3:5-8

From Calvary

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

See?

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:3

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.Hebrews 11:1

It is like when a child is told by thier mom, or dad that they will get to go to the park latter when thier parents get off work. The little child believes it. The child doesn't see the park yet, but is hoing for it for later. We don't see Jesus, but we know He is real. God has given us all a measure of faith. Faith cometh by hearing, hearing by the Word of GOD. Romans 10:17

Guest shiloh357

Biblical faith is evidentiary in nature. God never asks for us to believe in Him without providing evidence for faith. The thing is, God has provided enough evidence for faith, but no so much evidence that man cannot rationalize unbelief in Him.

Biblical faith is NOT simply a matter of acceping a set of propositions. Many people mistakenly assume that faith is belief without evidence, which is anti-thetical to biblical faith.

Fath by nature is always evidentiary. We don't ride in cars unless there is evidence that the car's brakes will work 100% of the time. We don't eat in restauraunts that we think might have some issues with food safety.

In just about any mundane context, "faith" is always based on evidence. I mean, would you feel more comfortable going under the surgical knife with a surgeon who has been performing this procedure with 100% for the last 25 years, or the brand new medical school graduate when you are his first time performing this procedure?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/01/1969

I've more trouble dealing with the temptations of sin in my life, and holding onto faith isn't easy when the Devil repeatedly knocks me down.

The devil - little 'd' - may knock us down, but the Lord - capital L - always picks us up and strengthens us when we submit ourself to His care. We are the children of the KING OF KINGS, and He doesn't sit idly by when the paupers (those pesky little devils) are assailing us. God has promised that no temptation will overtake us, and the devil can't touch us, he is a defeated foe that will flee from us when we resist Him.

Sometimes it is not as easy as we would like it, but we can rest assured that we have victory in Christ and lean on His promise that he will never leave or forsake us. If He didn't help us in our trials that would be forsaking us, wouldn't it? Therefore God, who cannot lie, will help you when you call on Him for strength during trials. God bless!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Faith is trusting and believing in what we can't see. I know Jesus is right here because of the air I breathe, and the creation he made. I don't need to see him to know that he's real. Now, God's the judge here, not me, but I think that's one mistake that a lot of atheists make, they refuse to believe in him until they see physical proof. I love the verses in Hebrews about Faith, they're great.