IGNORED

What is faith....?

Nitish

I like to think of faith aside from the usual answer that you will get from the book of Hebrews which is the definition of faith. Which I already see that FresnoJoe has already responded with.

I don't know if your Church uses hymnals or not but there is a simple song titled "Trust & Obey" that expresses something very fundamental about Faith.

The lyrics go like this:

"Trust and Obey, for there's no other way

to be happy in Jesus but, to trust and obey.

A wise old writer, once wrote, two wings of a dove, don't weigh her down. She rises by means of them. The two wings of a Christian are Trust & Obey. The Christan obeys because we trust, and trust because we obey. If we obey without faith we get nowhere. If we trust or have faith without obedience it ends in nothing.

Christ, has given eternal salvation to those who obey him and to those who believe him. Obviously trust and obey are synonmous the two.

Trust and obey are like the two sides of a coin, if you split the coin down the middle from its edges, it will be worthless. The same goes for trusting and obey. It takes two sides in order to hold its value. Trust is on one side of the coin and obey on the other. This very study can be found in the book of Hebrews.

Trust and Obey, there is no other way.

Hallelujah~!

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 2 Thessalonians 2:13

Hallelujah~!

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

Amen~!

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16

And Amen~!

Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you. Deuteronomy 4:1

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1990

I'm new to this.

Though that can be reasoned that it's mostly because I stink in the department of trusting God completely, and that shouldn't be.

Hebrews summed it up best, didn't it?

"Faith is being certain of what you hope for, sure of what you do not see."

I want to regain my Faith in Christ, and follow his example. I've more trouble dealing with the temptations of sin in my life, and holding onto faith isn't easy when the Devil repeatedly knocks me down.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hey Steven and Fresnojoe thanks for taking time to reply.... I really do appreciate that..... And as you told I'd open up my heart to God to lead me to the truth.......

Nitish, ask your self this question when people bring up other gods besides the one true God.

What did these other gods do to save your soul? Did they send anyone to die specifically for you, out of nothing but Love?

What do these other gods require in terms of sacrifice and worship, opposed to the one True God, who sacrificed His Son for you?

You can have Faith in His word because everything He has promised us up to now has come to pass (from telling us He would send His son, 1000's of years before He came), and because of this we can hold onto the promise He makes of things to come.

God Bless.

Hey Steven and Fresnojoe thanks for taking time to reply.... I really do appreciate that..... And as you told I'd open up my heart to God to lead me to the truth.......

Nitish, ask your self this question when people bring up other gods besides the one true God.

What did these other gods do to save your soul? Did they send anyone to die specifically for you, out of nothing but Love?

What do these other gods require in terms of sacrifice and worship, opposed to the one True God, who sacrificed His Son for you?

You can have Faith in His word because everything He has promised us up to now has come to pass (from telling us He would send His son, 1000's of years before He came), and because of this we can hold onto the promise He makes of things to come.

God Bless.

Amen~!

Step By Step

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:16-17

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

Read Romans 1:19, 20. That is the One True God. "Believing" in Jesus means to cling to Him and follow His teachings.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,772
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I'm new to this.

Though that can be reasoned that it's mostly because I stink in the department of trusting God completely, and that shouldn't be.

I want to regain my Faith in Christ, and follow his example. I've more trouble dealing with the temptations of sin in my life, and holding onto faith isn't easy when the Devil repeatedly knocks me down.

Loved one... we all sin and are constantly in the hope of not ever sinning again! Read Rom 7-8 and understand

God has given us the task of subduing our flesh to abide in obedience to Him... The Lord tells us that we shall not ever

do this perfectly

1 Jn 1:8-10

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and

just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him

a liar, and His word is not in us.

NKJV

----but---- by allowing this to an excuse of not pressing toward the mark of holy living (?) "walking in the Spirit" 'IS' equal to the

"walking in the light"

Jas 4:17

17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

NKJV

The Spirit and the Light are One in Christ and it is about truth- the good, the bad, the ugly that resides in all of us-as is divided out

by flesh and Spirit to the born again thus bringing war within ourselves as Paul teaches or rather gave witness to himself Ro 7-8...

The only peace we will gain in this is absolute surrender of our own inabilities To The Lord in broken and contrite of heart living... as

this produces the quiet take over of our inability to ability that can only be reckoned to Christ in us The Hope of Glory!

Col 1:27-29

27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you,

the hope of glory. 28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man

perfect in Christ Jesus. 29 To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.

NKJV

Loved one it is wrong to blame the devil for yours to use as an excuse- rather know that that which does his biding is flesh and not

Spirit! When we fail we are living fleshly and that passes away BUT we are kept by His promise-

Ro 8:37-39

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life,

nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing,

shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NKJV

Some have said that we are not in this list and choice to leave God even after new birth is possible leaving this passage of Scripture

not possible

Jn 10:27-30

27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;

neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able

to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 30 I and My Father are one."

NKJV

live in the victory by breaking away from desires of the flesh and follow the desires of God written in His Word. This may seem

mechanical at first, even strange and foolish but that is only because you are entering new lands of Spirit controlled Life. As this

see do from His Word becomes a way of life so the transformation of flesh to Spirit occurs... Sanctification is the process of New

Life in a cocoon of sin that we have began in! It is possible for this life to become the distance and His Spirit Life the norm...

even in the overwhelming influence of our bodies and the world we are in!!! Love, Steven

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

I'm new to this.

We each find our-self in this position at one time or another, but we do not stay there. We claim the promises, and pray for strength to stop our sinning.

Trust. Obey. This is a proven way to get back into fellowship with God. Confessing our sin works in conjunction with the trust/obey formula.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/15/1990

At times it feels hard to have faith after being defeated by our flesh repeatedly.........

How long, LORD? Will you forget me

forever?

How long will you hide your face

from me?

How long must I wrestle with my

thoughts

and day after day have sorrow

in my heart?

How long will my enemy

triumph over me? -- Psalm 13:1-2......

Edited by Nitish

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,772
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

At times it feels hard to have faith after being defeated by our flesh repeatedly.........

I am sure if you are the Lord's it is not God Who is keeping track of them

Isa 43:25

25 "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake;

And I will not remember your sins.

NKJV

Jer 31:33-34

33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,

says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will

be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his

neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they all shall know

Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive

their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

NKJV

Heb 10:16-18

16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord:

I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them," 17 then He

adds, "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more." 18 Now where

there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

NKJV

God wishes for you to live in His Light of Truth -which- if you do you will desire to

live according to the Spirit rather than to the flesh.... for flesh is empty living and it will

not satisfy you in anyway! If you remain He will chastise you and no spanking from The Father

is easy... I speak from experience! Love, Steven

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Hi Nitish. I guess one could wallow in verses that are crying for His help, or one could focus on what we read in Philippians 4:8.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

We are what we feed ourselves, including spiritual food. Knowing that there were, and are, people who struggle shows our humanity, but focusing on God we can find His rest.