• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

http://news.yahoo.co...-183500440.html

Petitions signed by hundreds of thousands of Americans seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the union have now been filed for all 50 states on the White House website.

Texas is in the lead as of now with 99,000.

FAAA5C667B8C4E34FA8426C38C31.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

What does DC do? Its all by itself now?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Scripture does tell us that a house divided will not stand. This is the most divisive election I have seen in my life. Our nation is so divided, a calm wind could easily blow it over, which is what is happening.

We are in the last days and many of us have blown the trumpet trying to get the attention of others. Politics is how the country runs. We are what holds the country together. If we allow our political differences to continue to cause a wider divide, we are no longer "We the People" but "We the Political Party".

It is time to accept that there has been a victor and move on trying to resolve the issues that divide instead of acting like school kids, taking sides and facing each other off in a fight. If this fight continues, nobody who is a citizen of the US will win.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Don't know what will happen with this. We just have to wait for Obamas' response.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Considering the number of signatures compared to the number of citizens in each state.....it miniscule. It's time Americans grow up and move on instead of sulking and acting like children. It gets worse with each election. Don't like the results of an election? Then work to change the reasons the GOP can't win any more.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Personally, I am tired of just two major parties dominating the political agenda. Yet, the others are so far off what is considered as "normal thinking" they don't' have a chance. I don't think there will ever be a white knight for our government before Christ returns, but it would be nice to drop the political affiliations when it comes to voting and vote for what the person will do or try to do without the us and them attitude.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Personally, I am tired of just two major parties dominating the political agenda. Yet, the others are so far off what is considered as "normal thinking" they don't' have a chance. I don't think there will ever be a white knight for our government before Christ returns, but it would be nice to drop the political affiliations when it comes to voting and vote for what the person will do or try to do without the us and them attitude.

Political parties - That would be a good topic for it's own thread, maybe.

I think the reason they form is the human desire to create alliances - in any legislative body, there is an "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" mentality. That seems to morph into general alliances, and those alliances become political parties.

One question I have (which I have my own thoughts on, but I'd like to hear others' opinions) - why does the US seem to be unique in the world in that it has only 2 viable political parties - whereas other countries have multiple parties?

Personally, I don't believe parties in and of themselves are "bad" - at worst, they are probably a necessary evil.

What is negative however, IMHO, is the partisan attitudes we see exhibited by some here in the US (I can only speak to the attitudes I see here - I don't know to what extent it exists in other countries).

I've seen cases where partisanship seems to replace thought. With some, political party becomes their religion.

That is sad.

Blessings!

-Ed

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Political parties - That would be a good topic for it's own thread, maybe.

I think the reason they form is the human desire to create alliances - in any legislative body, there is an "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" mentality. That seems to morph into general alliances, and those alliances become political parties.

One question I have (which I have my own thoughts on, but I'd like to hear others' opinions) - why does the US seem to be unique in the world in that it has only 2 viable political parties - whereas other countries have multiple parties?

Personally, I don't believe parties in and of themselves are "bad" - at worst, they are probably a necessary evil.

What is negative however, IMHO, is the partisan attitudes we see exhibited by some here in the US (I can only speak to the attitudes I see here - I don't know to what extent it exists in other countries).

I've seen cases where partisanship seems to replace thought. With some, political party becomes their religion.

That is sad.

Blessings!

-Ed

I have seen that very thing myself, someone insists that HIS/HER party is founded on Christian values and someone else believes theirs to be. Both are wrong; there is NO Christian party in our country, in fact the two parties we are stuck with are so vile that to call them Christian ANYTHING is flat out disgusting.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Has anyone considered that this secession thing could be a trap of some kind?

I just heard talk that the petitions appear to have been started by a "core group of people", according to the same signatures showing up on different states (haven't verified yet myself) .Anybody else heard any thing like that?

Could the president use this as an excuse to declare martial law, citing civil unrest? Or is this setting the stage for actual unrest, which has been brewing quietly anyway since before the election?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

doubt it gold-even if it were by a core group, all the petitions have been civil, and in reality have no legal backing yet-all a petition does, once it hits 25,000, is require a government response-the government can respond anyway that it wants, but it has to respond. All the petitions have been peaceful, and filed appropriatly following the rules. There havent been any violence, riots, or even threats thereof. If anything, its a political maneuver-even if the state moves to secede, it would take a LOT more then 100,000 votes in the case of texas, and a lot more organization-and probably state government involvement. If they were started by a "core group" its no more then a political play, no more no less-if one wanted to impose "martial" law they would need riots, etc. and there would be no reason to start those-all the government had to have done was impose it with the occupy movement, they had a wide open bridge there, and with the election being as devisive as it was, there would be no need to start something-chances are sooner or later, they would have their chance again.