LOVE SONGS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

Gator... show us who called you a far right wacko ?

Obamacare is having employers , etc. to hand out all types of birth-control to men and women. Isn't birth-control pills for women medicine ?

here is the site...enjoy....*** link removed - it should never of been offered *** (warning, it is not for the easily offended) There was another site I was a part of for a while that felt the same way, but they have no fliter or rules so I will not link to it.

Employers are handing out nothing. Please try and get your facts straight.

Personally I think that insurance should cover birth control for both women and men. It seems counterproductive to be against both abortion and birth control.

The latter can go a long way at limiting the former.

Here you go Gator..

Obama contraception

http://www.citelight...a-contraception

thanks for the link, it backs up what I said...

here is a quote from your link...

Health care law requires contraceptives to be available for free for women enrolled in workplace health plans,

The phrase "workplace health plans" does not mean they get their meds at the work place, it means the work place provides their insurance. Thus they will get free birth control, but they will still have to go to a pharmacy like everyone else.

nobody is being required to hand out anything at work. Think about, it really makes no sense to read it any other way.

Obama - Contraception

Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act eliminates co-pays and deductibles for oral contraceptives. Obama proposed a compromise for religiously-affiliated employers in which they are not required to pay for contraceptives, but insurance companies would have to offer contraceptives free of charge to women working for these employers.

Don't remember too much about it ...its' been a few months Obama wanted this.

I can be wrong.

I don't think it went in effect yet.

That is why the catholic church was angry about it.

Contraceptives given at the work place...etc.

The government has been suppling free birth- control for men and women at the Health Units for decades.

They were upset because they were being forced under obamacare to pay for it through their health insurance when it violated their religious principles. Not because they were being forced to hand it out in the workplace.

From the link..all I could find .

insurance companies would have to offer contraceptives free of charge to women working for these employers

Insurance companies will give them out free at their work place.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Is this thread off topic.....or what? :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

The government has been suppling free birth- control for men and women at the Health Units for decades.

They were upset because they were being forced under obamacare to pay for it through their health insurance when it violated their religious principles. Not because they were being forced to hand it out in the workplace.

Also most contraceptives that are covered by insurance are PRESCRIPTION. No way insurance companies can hand these things out in the workplace. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

insurance companies would have to offer contraceptives free of charge to women working for these employers

Free of charge, not free at the worksite. It is still a prescription medicine and by law cannot be just given out without a prescription. Insurance companies will be required to pay for it in full without any copay. This is why they are griping. Catholic health insurance doesnt want to pay for something they have a moral objection to. Im a pharmacist. I know what this is all about.

that is not what that means. It does not mean they will be given out at the work place, it means that the insurance provide to the women working for these employers will have to cover birth control. How are you going to give out an IUD or diaphragm or injections or such at the work place?

You got a point there Gator .... guess you are right . My wrong. :mgbowtie:

Free of charge, not free at the worksite. It is still a prescription medicine and by law cannot be just given out without a prescription. Insurance companies will be required to pay for it in full without any copay. This is why they are griping. Catholic health insurance doesnt want to pay for something they have a moral objection to. Im a pharmacist. I know what this is all about.

Thanks jade... my misunderstanding on all that . :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

so i wonder if prices will go up beacause of all them abortions and and "free" love. i know that would cause some problems with my insurance since the pool isnt that big.

but im not insured with them, im on tricare. what i dont get is that in my state one can get free condoms from ppl and also from the dfc. why then are being told to pay for it via insuring ourselves?