IGNORED

What is the standard by which we will be judged?

TrackerJack

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

How will we be judged when we enter God's presence?

From a secularly legal perspective. We can't be judged by laws that aren't on the books. There must be some means of knowing what is legal behaviour, otherwise a judge can arbitrarily pass judgement on anyone for anything. How does that translate to the spiritual realm?

Although the law may be written on our hearts, I really believe that there must be a black and white definition of what's expected of us. I see that as the Torah. We may not be able to keep all 613 laws. They illustrate that we can never measure up to God's perfection, without a redeemer. I honestly believe that we will be judged based upon those laws on Judgement Day. If we are found guilty of one, we will be condemned to hell. Our only hope is the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ.

That leads to the next question.

If we are judged by these laws, why aren't we attempting to follow them as best we can?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Are you saying we're judged by the Torah and the 613 Jewish laws as Christians on when Christ returns? :hmmm:

The 613 rules/laws in the Mosaic Law are given to a very specific group of people at a very specific point in time.

For Christians today to try and follow them would be the same as our country trying to follow the laws of Ancient Persia, it just makes no sense.

Okay so then what do you propose as Christians we should follow?

How will we be judged on Judgement day do you think?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

---the righteousness will live by faith

---without faith ,it is impossible to please GOD

---"daughter,your faith make you well"

pls read Romans

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

The unsaved will be judged at the Great White Throne by God's Law, the 10 Commandments, and by their works. Their damnation is settled due to their rejection of the Gospel. This judgement will determine their level of suffering in hell.

The saved will be judged at the Judgement Seat of Christ based upon our works following our conversion. This judgement has nothing to do with our salvation - that issue was settled when we repented and placed our faith in Jesus. This judgement will determine whether we gain or lose rewards (crowns).

Even so, we will cast those crowns at the feet of the Lord Jesus, because to Him belongs all the glory! :heart:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

How will we be judged when we enter God's presence?

From a secularly legal perspective. We can't be judged by laws that aren't on the books. There must be some means of knowing what is legal behaviour, otherwise a judge can arbitrarily pass judgement on anyone for anything. How does that translate to the spiritual realm?

Although the law may be written on our hearts, I really believe that there must be a black and white definition of what's expected of us. I see that as the Torah. We may not be able to keep all 613 laws. They illustrate that we can never measure up to God's perfection, without a redeemer. I honestly believe that we will be judged based upon those laws on Judgement Day. If we are found guilty of one, we will be condemned to hell. Our only hope is the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ.

That leads to the next question.

If we are judged by these laws, why aren't we attempting to follow them as best we can?

We're not judged by the law because we're no longer under the law. We are led by the Spirit, not the letter:

2 Cor 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The standard is Christ, the Bible tells us to pick up our cross daily and die to ourselves, it is no longer I that lives, but Christ who lives in me. We are conforming to the image of Christ, running a race:

Ephesians 4:13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

So, is the Pagan no longer under the law?

What about the Jew?

Edited by TrackerJack

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire

Matt 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world

ETA: to answer your first question, we as Christians should follow Christ

I agree. :thumbsup:

The unsaved will be judged at the Great White Throne by God's Law, the 10 Commandments, and by their works. Their damnation is settled due to their rejection of the Gospel. This judgement will determine their level of suffering in hell.

The saved will be judged at the Judgement Seat of Christ based upon our works following our conversion. This judgement has nothing to do with our salvation - that issue was settled when we repented and placed our faith in Jesus. This judgement will determine whether we gain or lose rewards (crowns).

Even so, we will cast those crowns at the feet of the Lord Jesus, because to Him belongs all the glory! :heart:

I agree. :thumbsup:

What is the Biblical backing for these thoughts in bold?

You've all missed the point.

What is the STANDARD by which mankind is judged?

That's the question. The Answer to the question is PERFECTION, as outlined by God in the Torah.

This is nothing we can achieve by ourselves, because each one of us has sinned. I'm in complete agreement with everyone that Salvation can only come from our faith in the saving grace of Jesus Christ. If we have a relationship with Him we will be saved. All the works in the world won't save us.

But why isn't the Christian body even attempting to live up to that standard?

Who here does laundry or yard work on Saturday/Sunday (depending upon how you observe the sabbath)? The church body as a whole has a cavalier attitude towards sin. They act presumptuously before the Lord. Don't you think that acting this way grieves the Lord?