IGNORED

What is the standard by which we will be judged?

TrackerJack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law. The Law was nailed to the cross. The Bible says nobody can/could ever keep the Law. Not even the Jews to whom it was first given. The Bible says if we go back to trying to obey the Law, we are cursed.

Be so kind as to show where in the scriptures it says this as you write it. It does say that if one desires to look to the law for salvation that is impossible, but the law now is written on the hearts of the believer and obedience is expected because of salvation by grace not to attain salvation by the obedience of the law. Grace does not nullify obedience, it establishes it. It is God working in us to will and to do of His good pleasure(Phil 2:13). Rom 10:4 Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes. Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. To follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit is to walk holiness and not yield to the flesh. He leads the believer to love the Lord with all their hearts and to love their neighbors as themselves, these two sum up the law and it is not sinful to walk in holiness, it is expected and commanded. If you love Me, keep My commandment John 14:15, and he that has My commandments and keeps them is he that loves Me and he that loves Me is loved by My Father and I will love him and manifest Myself unto him John 14:21. I am confident upon reflection you will agree with this, what say you?

Okay. But just remember, you asked for it.

If you claim Christ as savior, you have been made righteous, and the Bible clearly says the Law is not for a righteous man. (1 Timothy 1:8). And if you are being led by the Holy Spirit, you are not under the Law (Galatians 5:18) because Jesus is the end of the Law (Romans 10:4). The Bible says if you are a Christian, you can never be justified by obeying the Law (Galatians 2:16), and if you are trying to be justified in any way by the Law, you have fallen away from Grace and are alienated from Christ (Galatians 5:4).

Ephesians 2:15 says Jesus abolished the Law, It was cancelled it in His flesh, having nailed it to the cross (Colossians 2:14).

I'll write this next one out because it's very important to you: "All who rely on observing the Law are under a curse, for it is written, 'cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the book of the Law.' clearly no one is justified before God by the Law, because the righteous will live by faith." (Galatians 3:10) Jesus became that curse for us, redeeming us through His blood (Galatians 3:13). Our faith is in Christ, because the Law is not based on faith. (Galatians 3:11-12).

If you are intent on obeying the Law, you are thus commanded to obey ALL of it. And that includes the animal sacrifices. You are not allowed to pick and choose what parts of the Law you will obey. Jesus Himself said, "For whosoever keeps the whole Law and stumbles at just one point, is guilty of breaking all of it."

You have placed yourself back under the Law, and are thus guilty of breaking all of it, because you don't obey all of it.

Again, the Bible says the righteous are to live by faith alone (Romans 3:28), and that no righteousness comes from obeying the Law. And if any righteousness could ever come from obeying the law, then Jesus died for nothing (Galatians 2:21). No one will be declared righteous by observing the Law, because the only purpose for the Law was to make man conscious of his sin (Romans 3:20).

The Law is simply a "schoolmaster" to drive us to the cross (Galatians 3:19-25) and no further.

The Bible says anyone who believes Jesus and receives the Spirit, and then goes back to observing the Law is a fool (Galatians 3:2-3). All that is required of us is to simply believe in Jesus, the one God has sent (John 6:28-29).

We have been released from the Law, that we may serve in the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code (Romans 7:6).

Those who keep the old covenant have a veil over their hearts and are made dull. But when they turn to the Lord, the veil is taken away (2 Corinthians 3: 14-16).

The Bible says that through the body of Christ, we are dead to the Law (Romans 7:4).

The believers means of life is Christ, his rule of life is Christ, and his life is Christ (2 Corinthians 3:18; Colossians 3:1-4).

You are not pleasing God by obeying what Jesus has done away with.

Blessings :heart:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

According to Ezekiel, animal sacrifice WILL be reinstated during the millennium.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

There are about 1,050 commands in the New Testament according to this list

http://dlministries.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/nt-commandments/

Are we to measure up to the NT commandments ?

Are we Judged by it ?

Judgement first starts in the house of God - by hearing the words preached.

If we be judged then there must be a standard(measure).

Eph.4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

According to Ezekiel, animal sacrifice WILL be reinstated during the millennium.

Not as a means for covering sin.

There are about 1,050 commands in the New Testament according to this list

http://dlministries....t-commandments/

Are we to measure up to the NT commandments ?

Are we Judged by it ?

Judgement first starts in the house of God - by hearing the words preached.

If we be judged then there must be a standard(measure).

Eph.4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

Yes, the standard is perfection, and only the blood covering of Jesus brings that. That's why we are commanded to "put on Christ."

As for "New Testament" law: Galatians 5:4 says "The entire law is summed up in a single command: "love your neighbor as yourself."

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law. The Law was nailed to the cross. The Bible says nobody can/could ever keep the Law. Not even the Jews to whom it was first given. The Bible says if we go back to trying to obey the Law, we are cursed.

Be so kind as to show where in the scriptures it says this as you write it. It does say that if one desires to look to the law for salvation that is impossible, but the law now is written on the hearts of the believer and obedience is expected because of salvation by grace not to attain salvation by the obedience of the law. Grace does not nullify obedience, it establishes it. It is God working in us to will and to do of His good pleasure(Phil 2:13). Rom 10:4 Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes. Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. To follow the leadership of the Holy Spirit is to walk holiness and not yield to the flesh. He leads the believer to love the Lord with all their hearts and to love their neighbors as themselves, these two sum up the law and it is not sinful to walk in holiness, it is expected and commanded. If you love Me, keep My commandment John 14:15, and he that has My commandments and keeps them is he that loves Me and he that loves Me is loved by My Father and I will love him and manifest Myself unto him John 14:21. I am confident upon reflection you will agree with this, what say you?

If you claim Christ as savior, you have been made righteous, and the Bible clearly says the Law is not for a righteous man. (1 Timothy 1:8). And if you are being led by the Holy Spirit, you are not under the Law (Galatians 5:18) because Jesus is the end of the Law (Romans 10:4). The Bible says if you are a Christian, you can never be justified by obeying the Law (Galatians 2:16), and if you are trying to be justified in any way by the Law, you have fallen away from Grace and are alienated from Christ (Galatians 5:4).

Ephesians 2:15 says Jesus abolished the Law, It was cancelled it in His flesh, having nailed it to the cross (Colossians 2:14).

I'll write this next one out because it's very important to you: "All who rely on observing the Law are under a curse, for it is written, 'cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the book of the Law.' clearly no one is justified before God by the Law, because the righteous will live by faith." (Galatians 3:10) Jesus became that curse for us, redeeming us through His blood (Galatians 3:13). Our faith is in Christ, because the Law is not based on faith. (Galatians 3:11-12).

If you are intent on obeying the Law, you are thus commanded to obey ALL of it. And that includes the animal sacrifices. You are not allowed to pick and choose what parts of the Law you will obey. Jesus Himself said, "For whosoever keeps the whole Law and stumbles at just one point, is guilty of breaking all of it."

You have placed yourself back under the Law, and are thus guilty of breaking all of it, because you don't obey all of it.

Again, the Bible says the righteous are to live by faith alone (Romans 3:28), and that no righteousness comes from obeying the Law. And if any righteousness could ever come from obeying the law, then Jesus died for nothing (Galatians 2:21). No one will be declared righteous by observing the Law, because the only purpose for the Law was to make man conscious of his sin (Romans 3:20).

The Law is simply a "schoolmaster" to drive us to the cross (Galatians 3:19-25) and no further.

The Bible says anyone who believes Jesus and receives the Spirit, and then goes back to observing the Law is a fool (Galatians 3:2-3). All that is required of us is to simply believe in Jesus, the one God has sent (John 6:28-29).

We have been released from the Law, that we may serve in the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code (Romans 7:6).

Those who keep the old covenant have a veil over their hearts and are made dull. But when they turn to the Lord, the veil is taken away (2 Corinthians 3: 14-16).

The Bible says that through the body of Christ, we are dead to the Law (Romans 7:4).

The believers means of life is Christ, his rule of life is Christ, and his life is Christ (2 Corinthians 3:18; Colossians 3:1-4).

What you have written is correct and if you would read my post to you I said exactly the same thing about Christ being the end of the law for righteousness in Rom 10:4 and even quoted and posted it. And reading the post that I responded to you will see that you stated that the law was done away with, not that the law was done away with for righteousness. I also noted that in my post and closed my post with the statement that once you read what I wrote about the keeping the law for righteousness was impossible that you would agree, and reading this post shows that I reckoned correctly. Have a great day. :t2:

What you have written is correct and if you would read my post to you I said exactly the same thing about Christ being the end of the law for righteousness in Rom 10:4 and even quoted and posted it. And reading the post that I responded to you will see that you stated that the law was done away with, not that the law was done away with for righteousness. I also noted that in my post and closed my post with the statement that once you read what I wrote about the keeping the law for righteousness was impossible that you would agree, and reading this post shows that I reckoned correctly. Have a great day. :t2:

For the saved, the Law is done away with, as I stated in my other post:

As a believer, you are not to go back to the Law.

The unsaved will be judged by the standard of the Law, because the have no blood covering through Christ.

Have a great day as well! :heart:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Eph 2:15 is in accordance in context with what Paul wrote earlier in the same chapter and shows clearly that Paul was talking about righteousness coming by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and not the keeping of the law. Whenever and where ever it speaks of not keeping the law it is always for righteousness sake that it is forbidden. Why else is the law written on the believer's heart if its not to be obeyed? Eph 2:4-10 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Is the Christian to love the Lord with all their heart, and their neighbor as themselves? Expecting a yes to be your answer, that is the law written on their heart by the Lord and is the will of God, it also as Jesus said, fulfills the law, not for righteousness sake but as He said of His baptism to John, to fulfill all that is righteous. To be walking in holiness is to be doing what is righteous. Gal 5:25 walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the desires of the flesh.

Why else is the law written on the believer's heart if its not to be obeyed?

It is written on our hearts so that our guilt is without excuse. The Law is simply to drive us to the cross.

To be walking in holiness is to be doing what is righteous.

True. But our holiness is alien to us. It's Christ's holiness imparted to us. In us, by ourselves, is no good thing (Romans 7:18).