IGNORED

What is the standard by which we will be judged?

TrackerJack

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

other one, coming from you this Scripture will probably be heard; I brought it up twice apparently to no avail.

apparently not, for the beat goes on...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Again, the law was our schoolmaster to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Once that salvation has been given in Christ, the law is still written on the hearts of the believers and is used by the Holy Spirit to guide the believers to a Holy walk. If we live in the Spirit let us walk in(or be lead by) by the Spirit.Gal 5:16. Rom 8:14 as many as are lead by the Spirit of God are the children of God. Rom 3:27-31 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. 29 Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also, 30 since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. 31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

There is the law of the flesh and the law of the spirit(the inward man). Rom 6 and 7 describe the battle and the believer is not under the curse of the law, which is death, being set free by Christ, Rom 8:2-4 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. The righteousness that is imputed to believers is that of Christ's and is perfect righteousness which the inward man possesses, but the outward walk to perfection is progressive and must be practiced daily to become more like Jesus in the believer's lifestyle. And there is the righteousness that the believer demonstrates in their walk and God purposed that for each believer, Eph 2:10 we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works. And this entired little book of 1 John shows that the believer should be practicing a holy lifestyle because they are freed from the power of the old man being ruled by the sinful nature, thus John wrote in 1 John 2:28-29 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. 29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. And the greatest of these is to love the Lord thy God with all your heart and the second is like the first, love your neighbor as yourself. Phil 2:3-4 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. These principles are demonstrations of the law written on the hearts of the believers to guide them into the, WWJD mindset and lifestyle and is given by the Lord, Phil 2:13 for it is God working in you to will and to do of His good pleasure. And this has nothing to do with being declared righteous by keeping the law, but is evidence of the working of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. Salvation by the works of the law is not in question. Ps 17:15

Edited by allofgrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

I think it might be helpful for everyone on this thread to check out and keep in mind: O Church Arise

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hey allofgrace,

When you finished drivers ed, did you stop obeying traffic laws?

I'm not aware of any schoolmaster who expects you to forget everything you learned in his class. Once you graduate, you're expected to put what you learn to use.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hey allofgrace,

I'm not aware of any schoolmaster who expects you to forget everything you learned in his class. Once you graduate, you're expected to put what you learn to use.

U lost me there, I must have wrecked at the intersection trying to figure out what you meant. Enlighten me if you please. But concerning my driving, the last ticket I paid was in about 1965 on my way back to Norfolk when I was in the Navy. Thanks for asking. But you have caused me to wonder how you did in your comprehension of paragraphs. I say that because in none of my post do I say we should not be obedient, if I did, refresh my aging memory. Thanks.

Edited by allofgrace

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Psalm 72:2

He will judge Your people with righteousness, And Your poor with justice.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Hey allofgrace,

LoL ever chance I got for about ten years....

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Every time judgment is mentioned in the NT it is based upon works (evil or good). Without exception. Just sayin'

Point taken. The question is by what standard, not for what reason.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi allofgrace,

Sorry about the confusion. I was refering to your previous post about the law being our schoolmaster, and pointing us to Christ. Which I believe is in Gal. 3:24.

I certainly don't disagree with you, but was attempting to point out that if we're taught something, we're expected to follow it after we "graduate".

My point being even though the law points to Jesus, we should still try to live a Godly lifestyle.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,792
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The unsaved will be judged at the Great White Throne by God's Law, the 10 Commandments, and by their works. Their damnation is settled due to their rejection of the Gospel. This judgement will determine their level of suffering in hell.

The saved will be judged at the Judgement Seat of Christ based upon our works following our conversion. This judgement has nothing to do with our salvation - that issue was settled when we repented and placed our faith in Jesus. This judgement will determine whether we gain or lose rewards (crowns).

Even so, we will cast those crowns at the feet of the Lord Jesus, because to Him belongs all the glory! :heart:

:amen:

It is the wonder of His Being! As He did not consider it anything to be considered... Phil 2:5-8

So now Him within us His Precious Witness The Holy Spirit we freely and with all heart, mind, strength

relinquish all to His possession... For as this is true-so we understand

1 Jn 5:6-10a

6 This is He who came by water and blood — Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood.

And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear witness

in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 8 And there are three that

bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He

has testified of His Son. 10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself

NKJV

The amazing intimacy of new birth within God... God 'IS IN' us...

Col 1:27-28

27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles:

which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

NKJV

The faith is not of loss when giving of ones self up to God but a gain with ceiling, walls and floor removed...

Love, Steven